Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Guest The Ghost of Phil Drabble
Joanne Evans dies at 24. Master Mind will need to counter this in the long run.

Joanne Evans will not be receiving a UK obit.

Was that tractor tasty DDT?

:ph34r:

Well, Phil, I just don't think she will. She died on Tuesday and so far her death has only been mentioned in the local rag. I can't really see the nationals running a story on her.

She'll probably get a double page spread in the Sunday Telegraph now.

Well, Phil, I just don't think she will. She died on Tuesday and so far her death has only been mentioned in the local rag. I can't really see that nationals running a story on her.

Its too early at this stage to say she won't. Remember UK papers include tabloids and they can never resist this kind of story.

I'd hold my horses...

Well, Phil, I just don't think she will. She died on Tuesday and so far her death has only been mentioned in the local rag. I can't really see the nationals running a story on her.

Its too early at this stage to say she won't. Remember UK papers include tabloids and they can never resist this kind of story.

I'd hold my horses...

I just don't see what makes her case any different from the hundreds of other young women who die of cancer every week. The tabloids have loads to choose from and the longer Joanne Evans is dead, the less likely she is to come to their attention.

I'd hold my horses...

I just don't see what makes her case any different from the hundreds of other young women who die of cancer every week. The tabloids have loads to choose from and the longer Joanne Evans is dead, the less likely she is to come to their attention.

Well, there is a lot going on at the mo' (Recession, Gaza etc) and of course neither of us chose her, so it makes no odds to us, but we know there are others who have staked a lot on this. I remember a couple of years ago John Smyth not getting an obit. He died on January 4th, so early year deaths may not be advantageous...

Dave Dee now very dozy indeed.

Anyone know which particular cancer 'whipped' him?

Prostate. Always a difficult one to judge in terms of deadpooling..

Devon, I think you are missing the highlight of her story. The original article mentioned that she suffered from a disease which affected one in ten billion. At the time it was possible this information could have promoted her story to a level worthy of the qualified recognition.

I didn't think she would meet the fame requirements but I took into consideration that others might view it much differently. It turns out that I was right. If she doesn't get the obituary it will mean that "in a way" I've taken out several competitive teams and that is impressive. But it's a sad story.

The original motive was to exclude candidates like this from DDP and a rule wasn't made and this is the reason why. Low hanging fruit is DDP suicide.

Prostate. Always a difficult one to judge in terms of deadpooling..

Thanks!

Eww prostate c. Nasty one. My g/f (American) got on my case to get a routine (blood test- I couldn't handle the old bendover method) check and when I mentioned it to my GP he looked at me like I was mad. Maybe I should be more insistent. :ph34r:

Devon, I think you are missing the highlight of her story. The original article mentioned that she suffered from a disease which affected one in ten billion. At the time it was possible this information could have promoted her story to a level worthy of the qualified recognition.

I didn't think she would meet the fame requirements but I took into consideration that others might view it much differently. It turns out that I was right. If she doesn't get the obituary it will mean that "in a way" I've taken out several competitive teams and that is impressive. But it's a sad story.

The original motive was to exclude candidates like this from DDP and a rule wasn't made and this is the reason why. Low hanging fruit is DDP suicide.

Yes, you must be very proud of yourself :ph34r:. We're all in awe of your cloak and dagger techniques.

You really need to take a step back from all of this BS, you're talking even more crap than normal. Talk it over with your therapist or something - I'm starting to think your mental illness is even more unusual than that poor woman's cancer.

Yes, you must be very proud of yourself :ph34r: . You really need to take a step back from all of this BS, you're talking even more crap than normal. Talk it over with your therapist or something.

I wouldn't say that I'm proud. I'm sorry if I offended you but I think you might be overreacting. It must be getting late over there in the UK. ;)

And I don't see a therapist anymore, thank you very much. I don't think you have it right Devon. . I think you might a little off. Just a suggestion.

Ancient Wimbledon champ Sidney Wood has died at the age of 97. A unique hit for ThePoitouTeam if he gets a proper obit; the AP article is good step in that direction.

I'll wager Force 10 to Hell will be cracking the whip and hoping OoO updates the DDP scoreboard pretty sharpish: A unique pick and their joker!

And I don't see a therapist anymore, thank you very much.

Or......aren't they prepared to take on a "special" case like yours....?

Boxer Ludumo Galada, 26, the reigning WBF featherweight champion, knocked out permanently after a car crash.

Mystery writer Donald E Westlake has died aged 75...

I suppose one of the stranger things about this would be that I had just finished another exciting Westlake mystery the day before.

(and shouldn't we give credit to Richard Stark while we're at it? And shouldn't this have been placed in the dead authors box?)

And for more on Don, visit this place:: Westlake/Stark website

Ancient Wimbledon champ Sidney Wood has died at the age of 97. A unique hit for ThePoitouTeam if he gets a proper obit; the AP article is good step in that direction.

And here's the BBC obit, which I think just leaves Evans and Fernandez-Fojaco as the two DDP hits without obits for the moment...

Breaking news. Veteran BBC presenter David Vine has died of a heart attack.

Couldn't find any mention of this death, William Zantzinger has died at the age of 69

He was mentioned in the song "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll"

Claude Berri, director of Manon Des Sources and Jean de Florette, has died at the age of 74

Breaking news. Veteran BBC presenter David Vine has died of a heart attack.

He may not have been low-hanging fruit, but nonetheless he died on the Vine.