Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Breaking news. Veteran BBC presenter David Vine has died of a heart attack.

He may not have been low-hanging fruit, but nonetheless he died on the Vine.

Knockout <_<

Breaking news. Veteran BBC presenter David Vine has died of a heart attack.

Dash Damn Balderdash!

He was on my 30+ DDP long list for 2009 under 'Hunches'.

Should have trusted my instincts... :banghead:

Claude Berri, director of Manon Des Sources and Jean de Florette, has died at the age of 74

A loss so great cannot be expressed in mere words.

Dash Damn Balderdash!

Same here, but I've gone for Stephen Lewis on a "hunch" instead.

Very, very saddened to hear of his death though. Many a good memory of my sporting youth is through Vine's coverage as front man or commentator. ;)

In other news, Friaca, who is one of the select group to have scored a goal in a World Cup Final - the 1950 one for Brazil - has died - link - considering he got a UK Obit very quickly, it might be worth putting Juvenal, the only survivor of the final's losing team in a team for consideration....

Dash Damn Balderdash!

Same here, but I've gone for Stephen Lewis on a "hunch" instead.

Very, very saddened to hear of his death though. Many a good memory of my sporting youth is through Vine's coverage as front man or commentator. ;)

In other news, Friaca, who is one of the select group to have scored a goal in a World Cup Final - the 1950 one for Brazil - has died - link - considering he got a UK Obit very quickly, it might be worth putting Juvenal, the only survivor of the final's losing team in a team for consideration....

Seconded. Many a mispent evening watching snooker during it's Golden Age... :rip:

Not that I think any of you picked her...but the first major Aussie to die this year (I think)....

Australian aviation pioneer Nancy Bird Walton has died at her Sydney home, aged 93.

Named a Living National Treasure by the National Trust of Australia in 1997, Ms Walton died from natural causes about 2pm (AEDT) on Tuesday at Mosman on Sydney's north shore.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/525954...rd-walton-dies/

Named a Living National Treasure by the National Trust of Australia in 1997

Wow, Aussies have so much time on their hands they actually officially appoint their National Treasures, instead of just calling them out in the redtops, like we do here in Blighty. This sounded like a good idea until I checked out the list, The Kangaroo Court

and there's like about a hundred of them. Rolf Harris, Dame Edna, Russell Crowe, Greg Norman and Nicole Kidman are all on there, but when you annoint about a third of the population as National Treasures, it loses some of its specialness.

So who are Britain's National Treasures? Besides Chezza Cole, I mean.

Wow, Aussies have so much time on their hands they actually officially appoint their National Treasures, instead of just calling them out in the redtops, like we do here in Blighty. This sounded like a good idea until I checked out the list, The Kangaroo Court

and there's like about a hundred of them. Rolf Harris, Dame Edna, Russell Crowe, Greg Norman and Nicole Kidman are all on there, but when you annoint about a third of the population as National Treasures, it loses some of its specialness.

Thatcher and Branson, according to the Torygraph. Jools Holland?! f**k right off.

Some might say Babs Windsor or Michael Palin, but I say Clive Dunn.

Thatcher and Branson, according to the Torygraph. Jools Holland?! f**k right off.

Some might say Babs Windsor or Michael Palin, but I say Clive Dunn.

I've often heard Sir Trevor McDonald referred to as a National Treasure. However, AA Gill manged to succinctly sum up my feelings towards the man in this article fom last year.

News at Ten is back on ITV1. Not to be confused with the Ten O’Clock News. And finally, it poses the question: what is Trevor McDonald for? What was he ever for? And whoever told him he’d be good on television in the first place? He’s the British Johnny Hallyday – an utterly useless national treasure.

Arne Naess, a Norwegian philosopher who supported the concept of deep ecology is dead at the age of 96.

A book called "Silent Spring" was described as his key inspiration.

Have searched, couldn't find it, but actress Cheryl Holdridge died on the 6th...

Please excuse if it's already here... newbie...

Wolf.

Hey, remember we were founded by convicts that you Poms didn't want, so we need to do whatever we can to bring ourselves to the world's attention...did you noticed that most of these 'Living National Treasures' actually live overseas & not in OZ? Rolf Harris is really a Pom now, as is Germaine Greer; whilst Rod Laver & Greg Norman are Yanks...but we don't discriminate we try & grab anyone as an Aussie if they are famous, remember Nic Kidman & Russell Crowe were actually born overseas....but we still claim them as 'Our Own'..... :skull::lol:

Hey, remember we were founded by convicts that you Poms didn't want, so we need to do whatever we can to bring ourselves to the world's attention...did you noticed that most of these 'Living National Treasures' actually live overseas & not in OZ? Rolf Harris is really a Pom now, as is Germaine Greer; whilst Rod Laver & Greg Norman are Yanks...but we don't discriminate we try & grab anyone as an Aussie if they are famous, remember Nic Kidman & Russell Crowe were actually born overseas....but we still claim them as 'Our Own'..... :skull::lol:

I think we know where you're from....

Prisoner actor Patrick McGoohan has died

I don't believe it, a significant newsworthy death this year and the dead 'un wasn't on Eejit's Deathrace team. Whatever next?

Prisoner actor Patrick McGoohan has died

I don't believe it, a significant newsworthy death this year and the dead 'un wasn't on Eejit's Deathrace team. Whatever next?

"I am not a number, I am a stiff"