Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Gary Kurfirst, the long-time manager of Talking Heads, Blondie and the Ramones, has died aged 60.

Also involved with the Eurythmics and the B-52s, and later managed Jane's Addiction.

"In 2002, two of Kurfirst's bands, Talking Heads and the Ramones, entered the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, making him the only manager with that distinction"

Actor Ricardo Montalban is dead at the age of 88. He was a star of Mexican films.

It seems all my ex-picks from previous DDP's are haunting me.

First Pinter, then McGoohan, now Montalban... :(

One of the women on our local dead pool is kicking herself too, she had Montalban and McGoohan on her list last year.

Actor Ricardo Montalban is dead at the age of 88. He was a star of Mexican films.

He was the star of a lot more than Mexican films. Give the man his due.

He's incurred the Wrath of Khan... :(

God speed Mr. Roarke! Welcome to Fantasy Island with its rich corinthian leather. :o

Sad end to sad sweet dreamer

Leroy Smith of "Sweet Sensation", "Britain's answer to the Jackson Five".

"FORMER pop star Leroy Smith - a member of 1970s chart-toppers Sweet Sensation - has died, aged 56, alone in his flat. ...

In 1995 at the age of 38, [lead vocalist] Marcel King died of a brain haemorrhage. Two years later, his son Zeus King, 18, was shot dead in Longsight during gang feuding."

:(

Hamas just confirming their interior minister has been killed. BBC link doubtless coming in the next hour or so.

Here it is.

Edited by Notapotato
Link added.

It seems all my ex-picks from previous DDP's are haunting me.

First Pinter, then McGoohan, now Montalban... :(

One of the women on our local dead pool is kicking herself too, she had Montalban and McGoohan on her list last year.

My other half had him on our dead pool at work. Won £247.00 * Kerchiiiiiiingggg * :o

According to this Finnish site, Aarne Arvonen died on 1st January at the age of 111.

He was the last EVER surviving veteran of the Finnish Civil War and was one of three surviving "WWI-era veterans".

16 days seems a long time for an obituary to be spotted.. doubt he'll ever get a UK obit now..

Oscar nominated composer and conductor Angela Morley has died of cancer, aged 82. She composed the theme tune for Hancock's Half Hour, worked with Dusty Springfield, Shirley Bassey and Scott Walker, and wrote the score for Watership Down and episodes of Dynasty and Dallas. Much of her work was credited to her birth name, Wally Stott. A transsexual, she underwent gender reassignment surgery in 1972.

A unique pick on the DDP for Tomb It May Concern.

Oscar nominated composer and conductor Angela Morley has died of cancer, aged 82. She composed the theme tune for Hancock's Half Hour, worked with Dusty Springfield, Shirley Bassey and Scott Walker, and wrote the score for Watership Down and episodes of Dynasty and Dallas. Much of her work was credited to her birth name, Wally Stott. A transsexual, she underwent gender reassignment surgery in 1972.

Oh I've got her in CPDP. I was only think this morning after Montalban and Mortimer have served me well in DDP that I have a lot of luck with M's. Thta's if it's true. Wiki doesn't list its source.

Also arranged the two Ronnie Carroll Eurovision songs, and conducted one of them too. She'd have been the first female conductor at Eurovision if she'd had The Op earlier.

What is it about composers and transgender operations?

Remember Walter (AKA Wendy) Carlos?

The bandleader for The Goon Show.

Morley was on my DDP last year.

Bastard.

There doesn't seem to be an obit posted anywhere, either under the name of Angela Morley or Wally Stott.

Nothing is mentioned on her official website either.

The bandleader for The Goon Show.

Morley was on my DDP last year.

Bastard.

Don't you mean bitch? ;)

There doesn't seem to be an obit posted anywhere, either under the name of Angela Morley or Wally Stott.

Nothing is mentioned on her official website either.

It's nearly 24 hours since her "death" was reported and there is still virtually nothing to corroborate the reports, although it looks pretty certain that she has died. The only mention I've found, is this brief comment on an obscure cd website, and DDP points certainly won't be awarded for that!

Martin and Gary Kemp's parents died within 48 hours of each other.

The dad took a heart attack and died. The mum was already in hospital having just had heart surgery. She died soon after she was informed of her husband's death.

Martin and Gary Kemp's parents died within 48 hours of each other.

The dad took a heart attack and died. The mum was already in hospital having just had heart surgery. She died soon after she was informed of her husband's death.

Er, maybe they could have waited before giving her that news... ;)

Tony Hart has drawn his last breath.

Just beat me to it...

The amazing debut of Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now continues...