Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

It seems to me that Twelvetrees and Harry Mcsally are really making a scene out of something which has little "if any" relative importance. Oh, and by the way, isn't this the Dead Thread? I preferably enjoy to see obituaries instead of a outrageously boring debate about words and how they are properly spelled. Come on gentleman, let's not make this a show and tell. If you want to put on a little debate there is a "Drunk\Bored" thread which exists for this purpose...

Thanks for the enlightenment Banshees. I thought you were on a sabbatical.

It seems to me that Twelvetrees and Harry Mcsally are really making a scene out of something which has little "if any" relative importance. Oh, and by the way, isn't this the Dead Thread? I preferably enjoy to see obituaries instead of a outrageously boring debate about words and how they are properly spelled. Come on gentleman, let's not make this a show and tell. If you want to put on a little debate there is a "Drunk\Bored" thread which exists for this purpose...

Thanks for the enlightenment Banshees. I thought you were on a sabbatical.

I quite agree. Let us gang up on the arriviste and make them feel unwelcome - after all, s/he did use a split infinitive. Politely, HMcSetc., do you really have so much time that you can identify two typos in my posts? Kudos, my friend - I shall be more careful in the future.

If BS is really on leave (for which I read extensive psychiatric treatment - again), someone has to take his place. Please let it not be me.

Anyways, for the purposes of relevance, this site, if it has not been reported yet, records the deaths of such undoubted luminaries as Sir Donald Luddington and Guy Hunt, and may be of inestimable use for death hunters everywhere. Peace x.

Boxing great Ingemar Johansson has died aged 76.

"Ingemar Johansson shocked the boxing world by upsetting Floyd Patterson for the world heavyweight title in 1959 to become only the 5th man born outside of the US to hold the fight world's loftiest prize. He passed away in Sweden Friday night at the age of 76"

Another hit for Octopus and 2 others on the DDP.

"Ingemar Johansson shocked the boxing world by upsetting Floyd Patterson for the world heavyweight title in 1959 to become only the 5th man born outside of the US to hold the fight world's loftiest prize. He passed away in Sweden Friday night at the age of 76"

Ingo's Bingo's number's up.

Good-oo.

Another death that I am surprised so few other teams picked. Once Arundell goes I will be in a strong position. I know I'm not supposed to win it but hell, I'm as competitive as anyone :blink:

Must say, it's been an interesting DDP month (and a record - 22 hits compared to 21 last year). Few of the bankers (Atkins et al) have gone, and those that have gone have been perhaps those on the periphery of being chosen by many teams.

Site to be updated Monday when I'm back.

Good-oo.

Another death that I am surprised so few other teams picked. Once Arundell goes I will be in a strong position. I know I'm not supposed to win it but hell, I'm as competitive as anyone :blink:

Must say, it's been an interesting DDP month (and a record - 22 hits compared to 21 last year). Few of the bankers (Atkins et al) have gone, and those that have gone have been perhaps those on the periphery of being chosen by many teams.

Site to be updated Monday when I'm back.

11 months to go...

A good man. He helped Patterson financially in later years when he fell on hard times.

BBC obit for Johansson. Congratulations to the three teams for picking him on the DDP.

And OoO in particular for climing to a four figure Deathrace score as a result. Re Johansson's help of Patterson, a real irony is that Patterson's mind started to go long before he died and once - on oath at a hearing - he couldn'r recall who he'd beaten to win the world title. At the same time, the same man was helping him financially.

It's the final cut for American film maker Dennis Ray Steckler, 70, who directed numerous obscure cult classics including "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies" and "The Hollywood Strangler Meets the Skid Row Slasher".

He also worked under the pseudonyms Sven Christian, Sven Hellstrom, Harry Nixon, Michael J. Rogers, Michel J. Rogers, Wolfgang Schmidt, Cindy Lou Steckler, R.D. Steckler, Ray Steckler, and Cindy Lou Sutters. :unsure:

Rosario Iglesias, world record holder for the women's 200, 400 and 800 meteres...for those aged 90 or older.

Bit-part actor Harry Herring has died. He had minor roles in Byker Grove, Our Friends in the North and The Royal Today, which lead to a recurring apearance on the most recent series of Harry Hill's TV Burp as the "really slow man".

German born American composer, conductor and pianist Lukas Foss has died aged 86.

Jacques Bar dead at 87.

Not a seedy drinking den, but the prolific French film producer (since 1949). Died back on Jan 19th. Got a French obit the day after, but not picked up by the English press until now. He produced "My Father, ce Héros" and the TV series "The Count of Monte Cristo", both starring Gérard Depardieu

Hi di Die!

Bobby Butlin, son of holiday camp founder Billy, who took over the business when his father retired in 1968, has died aged 74.

Lux Interior lead vocalist for The Cramps has died at the age of 60 ;) ;) :( :(

:)

Did he die of cramp?

That's a shock, I must say...

Did he die of cramp?

Pre-existing heart condition was the cause of death. I don't think any death has hit me this badly since Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee Ramone died. Some reports are saying that Lux was 60 and others are saying that he was 62. Possibly soon we'll find out his actual age.

445485418_9a91c64099_o.jpg

Let's face it, he was never going to make old bones, but he looked fit as a fiddle when I saw them a year or so back.

Lux Interior lead vocalist for The Cramps has died at the age of 60 ;);):(:(

Did he die of cramp?

Pre-existing heart condition was the cause of death. I don't think any death has hit me this badly since Joey, Johnny and Dee Dee Ramone died. Some reports are saying that Lux was 60 and others are saying that he was 62. Possibly soon we'll find out his actual age.

After all, the most exciting news story in Aylesbury for aeons has been the man who lived in a house of rubbish - it even made The Sun - gazooks!

The top story in the Fraserburgh Hearld this week: Marconi Road to be renanmed despite protests.

By 'protests' they mean a couple readers wrote to the paper moaning about it.

The secondary story was about a local man under the headline 'Is this Britain's unluckiest man?'. He was nearly killed last week when a slate slid from a roof and went through his car sun-roof whilst he was in the vehicle. He said it was his 9th brush with death. In the past Mr. Watt has gone through a main electricity cable with a spade whilst gardening, almost shot himself in the head, was almost swept away by a river, and on one occassion ran himself over with his own car. Was quite amusing.

The joys of the Fraserburgh Herald...

After all, the most exciting news story in Aylesbury for aeons has been the man who lived in a house of rubbish - it even made The Sun - gazooks!

The top story in the Fraserburgh Hearld this week: Marconi Road to be renanmed despite protests.

The secondary story was about a local man under the headline 'Is this Britain's unluckiest man?'. He was nearly killed last week when a slate slid from a roof and went through his car sun-roof whilst he was in the vehicle. He said it was his 9th brush with death. In the past Mr. Watt has gone through a main electricity cable with a spade whilst gardening, almost shot himself in the head, was almost swept away by a river, and on one occassion ran himself over with his own car. Was quite amusing.

Damn, I was hoping the headline was going to be 'Local Baglady Freezes to Death Whilst Sucking Off A Tramp'.

Damn, I was hoping the headline was going to be 'Local Baglady Freezes to Death Whilst Sucking Off A Tramp'.

Haha. I'll keep you informed anything of that nature should appear.

BTW - the story has been taken on by the regional paper - Link.

The Fraserburgh Herald yesterday, the Press and Journal today, tomorrow - who knows?...