Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

New Orleans jazz and blues pianist and singer Eddie Bo has died of a massive heart attack aged 79.

Oh No, Bo Goes

Perhaps he drove a dalek.

I don't think so. He can't be a minicab driver and I don't believe a dalek would fit the headroom for a taxicab either. :)

G'Day Everyone.

This is my first post and I know this is a bit out of date, but I only discovered this site last week.

On Feb 7th the tragic bushfire that swept across Victoria Australia claimed the lives of esteemed former news reader Brian Naylor (78) and his wife Moiree. They died trying to save their home.

Also victim of the fire was actor Reg Evens (80) and his wife Angela Brunton, who also died trying to save their home. Evens is best remembered for his role as the station master in the Mad Max films.

Victoria usually copes with an annual bushfire, despite the state government ban on high country cattle grazing which causes the dry undergrowth to become fuel for the fire, but this year the fires were so fast (people only had 5 minutes to react) and devastating that it claimed over 200 lives. Tragically, forensics has only identified roughly 60 of the bodies, a work in progress. I know that Reg and Brian may be unknown to most of you, but they were celebrities here in Australia and I thought it a fitting tribute to include them alongside fellow celebrities.

You'll have to forgive me for not including pictures and links as I'm still getting used to this site. any advice?

Also I think I may have started a new thread unintentionally, whoops.

Actor Derek Benfield, a Dr.Who stalwart, and in a heap of other programmes - but perhaps best known recently for his role in Hetty Wainthrop Investigates has died, according to this Dr Who blog

Benfield for those who can't quite place him:

derek3.jpg

Can't place him in Doctor Who either and I'm a fan!

Me too. What episodes was he in?

Perhaps he drove a dalek.

Derek Benfield was in Catch 1782, one of the Big Finish Dr Who audios.

He also had a long running role on Coronation Street, Rumpole of the Bailey and played Mr Scrimshaw in First of the Summer Wine (the prequel series to Last, which didn't Last too long).

Welcome bodysnatcher44. Good to have another Melbourne contributor.

"On Feb 7th the tragic bushfire that swept across Victoria Australia claimed the lives of esteemed former news reader Brian Naylor (78) and his wife Moiree. They died trying to save their home."

Already mentioned a day or two after the event in this thread.

Khadijeh Saqafi, widow of the late Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran, has died aged 93.

She was known as the "mother of the Islamic revolution."

I'm sure her and JG will have lots to chat about!

Khadijeh Saqafi, widow of the late Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran, has died aged 93.

She was known as the "mother of the Islamic revolution."

I'm sure her and JG will have lots to chat about!

She was mentioned on the ideas for 2009 thread. I was sure I picked her on either the DDP, the CPDP or the HDP, but upon checking, it looks like I forgot.

Welcome bodysnatcher44. Good to have another Melbourne contributor.

"On Feb 7th the tragic bushfire that swept across Victoria Australia claimed the lives of esteemed former news reader Brian Naylor (78) and his wife Moiree. They died trying to save their home."

Already mentioned a day or two after the event in this thread.

G'Day fellow Melbournian.

Yeah I figured you guys may have already mentioned Brian. But I thought I needed something to break the ice.

Marie Moore of Sinn Fein has died aged 72.

:D

Former ITN newsreader and Conservative MP Tim Brinton, has died aged 79.

He accidentally becoming the first nude newscaster on television following a programme about Turkish baths.

Former ITN newsreader and Conservative MP Tim Brinton, has died aged 79.

He accidentally becoming the first nude newscaster on television following a programme about Turkish baths.

He was also the presenter on the infamous 'Alternative 3' in 1977, a mocumentary purporting to show the Moon landings were a sham and there was life on Mars.

Giovanni Parisi

Former Olympic and World Boxing title holder has died in a car crash in Italy aged 41.

Singer Dan Seals, one half of the pop duo England Dan and John Ford Coley, is suffering from lymphoma. Not too sure about his UK obit chances though...

Dan Seals will bark no more.

Singer Dan Seals, one half of the pop duo England Dan and John Ford Coley, is suffering from lymphoma. Not too sure about his UK obit chances though...

I needed that in my other league.

Shame, I'd really like to see him tonight.

John W. Wrench Jr, the first man to calculate the value of pi to more than 100 000 decimal places, has died aged 97.6481455548669871354478554767498645.

Le Parisien is reporting the death of Maurice Jarre, the French film composer - most well-known for the score to 'Lawrence of Arabia' - and father of Jean-Michel, at the age of 84 in Los Angeles.

Sulim Yamadayev, an unique pick for No Noose Is Good Noose on the DDP, has died, aged c. 36. Yamadayev was shot in an attack in Dubai, of all places.

If this is confirmed & he gets a UK obit, it's 16 points for NNIGN.

Yamadayev, by the way, was a former Chechen warlord & not much liked - as proved by his shooting, no doubt.

Sulim Yamadayev, an unique pick for No Noose Is Good Noose on the DDP, has died, aged c. 36. Yamadayev was shot in an attack in Dubai, of all places.

If this is confirmed & he gets a UK obit, it's 16 points for NNIGN.

Yamadayev, by the way, was a former Chechen warlord & not much liked - as proved by his shooting, no doubt.

And can NNIGN prove his/her whereabouts on said occasion? :lol: