Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Lennie Bennett takes the lucky ladder to the stars

A real shame this - he was cheesy, but likeable.

He, like Paton as a DDP pick & rather an inspired unique one - fingers crossed, this Easter long weekend (I'm working some of it, but am off the Tuesday after) will see mass DDP updating....

He, like Paton as a DDP pick & rather an inspired unique one - fingers crossed, this Easter long weekend (I'm working some of it, but am off the Tuesday after) will see mass DDP updating....

I liked watching Lucky Ladders and also when he was on The Comedians. I always thought that Frank Carson or Russ Abbott would go before Lennie

I liked watching Lucky Ladders and also when he was on The Comedians. I always thought that Frank Carson or Russ Abbott would go before Lennie

70 is a bit young to have the perennial 'fall at home' isn't it?

Maybe he's been ill for a while. I remember him from the eighties when he was popular but didn't understand why... :(

Maybe he's been ill for a while. I remember him from the eighties when he was popular but didn't understand why... :(

I wondered that, but then Derek Nimmo was only 68 when he died as a result of a fall. I have to confess I quite liked Bennet too, I remember Lucky Ladders had a bit of a cult following at school, though one of my most vivid childhood memories is being violently sick after watching an episode of Punchlines.

I take in Jerry Stevens is dead?

I wondered that, but then Derek Nimmo was only 68 when he died as a result of a fall. I have to confess I quite liked Bennet too, I remember either Lucky Ladders or Chain Letters (not sure which) had a bit of a cult following at school, though one of my most vivid childhood memories is being violently sick after watching an episode of Punchlines.

He suffered from a very serious heart attack in 1994 and had suffered health problems ever since. People with a weak heart are more likely to suffer from giddy spells and falls due to the reduced blood flow to the brain. Dodgy tickers don't tend to react very well to the trauma of falling and ending up in hospital either.

The Queen's former private secretary Philip Brian Cecil Moore, The Baron Moore of Wolvercote, GCB, GCVO, CMG, QSO, PC, has died aged 88. He was once Peter Gabriel's father in law.

So?

Well, I just thought I'd throw in that snippet of information. Do you think it might have been a tad unnecessary? :(

The Queen's former private secretary Philip Brian Cecil Moore, The Baron Moore of Wolvercote, GCB, GCVO, CMG, QSO, PC, has died aged 88. He was once Peter Gabriel's father in law.

So?

Well, I just thought I'd throw in that snippet of information. Do you think it might have been a tad unnecessary? :(

Who is Peter Gabriel? :banghead:

So?

Perhaps you need the gag sledgehammering into you. Don't give up...:banghead:

So?

He lives down the road from me, and his accountant used to come in my local. So there.

So?

He lives down the road from me, and his accountant used to come in my local. So there.

Consider yourself truly enlightened, Windsor.

So?

DDP, you missed the point. "So?" was a Peter Gabriel album.

Guest NP

Death announced of Colin Jordan, veteran British neo-nazi. Politically active since 1943. Should get an obit in some of the broadsheets, as he was extremely notorious in the early 1960s.

Death announced of Colin Jordan, veteran British neo-nazi. Politically active since 1943. Should get an obit in some of the broadsheets, as he was extremely notorious in the early 1960s.

Very interesting to see the ways in which people are reacting to his death...

Unsurprisingly the twisted neo-Nazis at the vnn forum (who like to spend most of their time bragging about how they beat black people up and making anti-semitic jokes) are reporting it as "Sad News" and are calling him a "brave warrior" blah blah blah

On the other hand Kirklees Unity hope that he rots in hell!

Spain's most prolific and widely-read author, Corin Tellado, has died of kidney failure at the age of 82. By all accounts she was a one woman Mills & Boon, writing 4000 romance novels in her career, sometimes producing one book a week, perhaps a bit like Barbara Cartland on speed.

Guest outraged of TW

So kind of you CP. Now how long have you been a twat? Oh, just 3,734 "quality" posts. Keep it up.

Feeling a little insecure Godot? Worried that I might overtake you in the pedantry department? It's okay, I forgive you.

As an infrequent visitor to these hallowed pages I am a tad behind the times on personality traits............. Is Godot really as complete a knobber as he appears to be or is he merely a misunderstood superior mind amongst the DL community??

Jimmy Neighbour, long-term pro footballer, heart attack after a hip replacement. They took the trouble to announce this on The Championship on ITV this morning.

Judith Krug founder of Banned Books Week has died at the age of 69