Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

The British composer Richard Arnell died on April 10th at the age of 92. One can only hope that some of his quite wonderful music might gain some exposure now he has started decomposing. The press may notice this when they realise that he was Boris Johnson's grandfather. Shame I dropped him from my DDP team for this year.

Low-temperature theoretical physicist Laszlo Tisza, 101, has just reached a low body temperature. He's an unique pick on DDP if he gets the suitable obit.

Former Governor of the Bank of England, Eddie George, has died of cancer aged 70...

Michael Martin Dwyer, one of those likely to become more famous after death than he ever was before it.

Unravelling what he was doing on the end of a bullet in Bolivia is likely to prove interesting.

Duke D'Mond, singer with the Barron Knights for 46 years, died on 9th April.

British novelist J.G. Ballard has died of prostate cancer aged 78. Congrats to the 10 teams who picked him on the DDP. :crossbone:

Trade Unionist Jack Jones has died aged 96...

DDP hits are like London buses...fares please.

I always liked Jack Jones, even if he was a scouser.

A former DL pick as well.

The Corporal still lives however.

Acting CFO of Freddie Mac, David Kellerman has commited suicide at the age of 41

Jack Cardiff has died aged 94 years.

He was a director according to that article....

The list of internationally famous Englishman dying continues - Ken Annakin, film director, and such a hero to George Lucas that Anakin Skywalker was named in his honour, has died, aged 94.

This now equals a record for most consecutive deaths of the same nationality on the DDP - in these multi-national picks days nowadays, that's some achievement. Site to be updated tonight - hopefully for Annakin too if an obit comes in time.

The list of internationally famous Englishman dying continues - Ken Annakin, film director, and such a hero to George Lucas that Anakin Skywalker was named in his honour, has died, aged 94.

This now equals a record for most consecutive deaths of the same nationality on the DDP - in these multi-national picks days nowadays, that's some achievement. Site to be updated tonight - hopefully for Annakin too if an obit comes in time.

I always thought it was the inspiration for Obi Wan Kenobi's name

BBC Obit

Duke D'Mond, Lead vocalist of The Barron Knights has died at the age of 66

Duke D'Mond, Lead vocalist of The Barron Knights has died at the age of 66

Poor bugger! That's twice he's died this month! :banghead:

I did a search, but nothing came up. Half the time this site doesn't load when I'm at work which sucks a lot of the time.

Oh well ;)

Prolific author John Michell has died aged 76. After Eton and Cambridge, he wrote books on, to quote Wikipedia, "Earth mysteries, pseudoscientific metrology, ley lines, sacred geometry, sacred sites, geomancy, gematria, archaeoastronomy, and Fortean phenomena".

He used to run a stall at the Glastonbury Festival, where I chatted to him once, while heavily under the influence of some sort of narcotic muffin (me, not him). I purchased a copy of his rather excellent "Eccentric Lives and Peculiar Notions", the back cover of which was used for roach material that afternoon, an act of vandalism I've regretted ever since.

Prolific author John Michell has died aged 76. After Eton and Cambridge, he wrote books on, to quote Wikipedia, "Earth mysteries, pseudoscientific metrology, ley lines, sacred geometry, sacred sites, geomancy, gematria, archaeoastronomy, and Fortean phenomena".

He used to run a stall at the Glastonbury Festival, where I chatted to him once, while heavily under the influence of some sort of narcotic muffin (me, not him). I purchased a copy of his rather excellent "Eccentric Lives and Peculiar Notions", the back cover of which was used for roach material that afternoon, an act of vandalism I've regretted ever since.

The best-selling View Over Atlantis was one of his, knocked it off in a day when I was about 14, and thought it total bollocks, but glorious bollocks also. I hope for his sake he was right about some of that mumbo jumbo. If so, he's in a better place now.

Guest sean

Actress Bea Arthur, star of TV's Golden Girls, has died, aged 86 - AP

Gives the coroner the chance to finally confirm those rumours about her...

Gives the coroner the chance to finally confirm those rumours about her...

Those rumours being?..... That she was a man?! :banghead: