Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Alan Kelly senior

Former Republic of Ireland goalkeeper (and briefly manager) has died aged 72. He was capped 47 times for Ireland between 1958 and 1973. He also made 514 appearances for Preston North End, a club record.

Probably not too famous but i remember being told about this chap in a school assembly back in the 70's :banghead:

Went to check to see if there was a pre-90th birthday announcement for Canadian ice hockey player Lude Check. You can more or less guess what I found instead.

I'm too tired and disappointed that I missed him for the CPDP to be clever, so feel free to make your own "cashed his check" joke and mock my feeble intellect. :banghead:

Sky New are reporting that British actress Lucy Gordon has been found dead in Paris. Suicide looks the likely cause

Sky New are reporting that British actress Lucy Gordon has been found dead in Paris. Suicide looks the likely cause

BBC link

It's a shame she died, she was pretty darn cute in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

perfumepic18.jpg

Famous Canadian architect Arthur Erickson passed away yesterday at 84.

Ken Gill TUC President from 1985 to 1986, has died aged 81.

Oh, and well done to Cooking Small Fish for a unique DDP pick!

Robert Furchgott Stiff at last*

[edit] *Just noticed CP posted this on the Nobel thread, sorry

Funeral delayed, they can't get the coffin lid down.

Haakon Lie, who was head of the Norwegian Labour Party from the 1940s until the late 60s has died aged 103.......

If Gordon Brown lives that long..... oh dear.....

Tim Fairhurst RAF type with a moustache who did brave 'derring do' kinda stuff in the war.

Ipswich Town legend Billy Baxter has died aged 70.

Ah! That's a proper footballer's name!

Peter Zezel, former NHL player (and a tremendous one at that) succumbed to hemolytic anemia 2 days ago. He was only 44 years of age.

It is not thought the two events are connected.

....unless Carol was found in a bath full of ice with a large incision in her back(?)

It is not thought the two events are connected.

....unless Carol was found in a bath full of ice with a large incision in her back(?)

Cause of death reportedly lung cancer, but no reports I've found have mentioned the lack of a large incision...

Is it just me, or have there not really been that many significant deaths this year so far? Compared to last year at least, or even the year before.

Name me one 'big' death this year so far. Have there even been any signifcant, predictable deaths this year that we did not get? (Apart from Jade Goody who should 100% definitely have been on the list this year).

Let's be realistic, Wendy Richard is a significant death but she's no Harold Pinter, Albert Hoffman, etc. in terms of her international fame.

Dai Llewellyn is a nobody in terms of worldwide recognition, although he was a well spotted choice for this year's list.

Is it just me, or have there not really been that many significant deaths this year so far? Compared to last year at least, or even the year before.

Name me one 'big' death this year so far. Have there even been any signifcant, predictable deaths this year that we did not get? (Apart from Jade Goody who should 100% definitely have been on the list this year).

Let's be realistic, Wendy Richard is a significant death but she's no Harold Pinter, Albert Hoffman, etc. in terms of her international fame.

Dai Llewellyn is a nobody in terms of worldwide recognition, although he was a well spotted choice for this year's list.

No it's not just you, you're absolutely right and as we're just over a day away from month 6, Deathlist is on the road to having one of its worst years yet... some pretty stupid picks this year and why Jade Goody wasn't selected despite several people suggesting her, beats me!

Dai was really a nobody - an unemployed bum with a difference - he had money. Enough to sit around on his botty and attend garden parties every so often. Wendy Richard was not internationally famous but she was highly respected and was quite a good actor... but fame wise they're not very notable. As for notable deaths, I think the most significant ones this year would be amongst actors such as Pat Hingle, Dom DeLuise and Ricardo Montalban, but they're no Patrick Swayzes if you get what I'm saying....

To be fair, a notable factor in deadpoolers picking newsworthy funeral-fodder this year has been the prognostications of a few lawyers all arguing their clients are a few heartbeats away from death. To date the - ahem - Lockerbie bomber, Susan Atkins and Ronnie Biggs are running rings round us. I'm not the only one who read between the lines wrongly where these people are concerned.

And I'll be quizzing Rotten Ali closely on his highly scientific deadpicking system in November, unless Tolimir and one or two others croak.

No it's not just you, you're absolutely right and as we're just over a day away from month 6, Deathlist is on the road to having one of its worst years yet... some pretty stupid picks this year and why Jade Goody wasn't selected despite several people suggesting her, beats me!

Dai was really a nobody - an unemployed bum with a difference - he had money. Enough to sit around on his botty and attend garden parties every so often. Wendy Richard was not internationally famous but she was highly respected and was quite a good actor... but fame wise they're not very notable. As for notable deaths, I think the most significant ones this year would be amongst actors such as Pat Hingle, Dom DeLuise and Ricardo Montalban, but they're no Patrick Swayzes if you get what I'm saying....

I quite agree. The standard of demise has dropped. To be fair, if we're picking Pat Hingle and Ricardo Montalban as significant (Dom DeLuise I'll accept grudgingly), then we're busily burrowing beneath the bottom of the barrel. It's about time a few notable grave-dodgers sstopped breathing my air. Kennedy, Reagan, Douglas - you know who I mean. Give it up. Now.

I quite agree. The standard of demise has dropped. To be fair, if we're picking Pat Hingle and Ricardo Montalban as significant (Dom DeLuise I'll accept grudgingly), then we're busily burrowing beneath the bottom of the barrel. It's about time a few notable grave-dodgers sstopped breathing my air. Kennedy, Reagan, Douglas - you know who I mean. Give it up. Now.

Apart from Jade and Tony Hart, I can't see too many glaring errors. No cnuts are dying, that seems to be the major problem here.