Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

The biggest and most well known and beloved pro wrestler has passed away......

.....in Japan anyway.

Friend of mine from Japan e-mailed me the "untimely passing" of the biggest wrestling legend in Japan, Mitsuharu Misawa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4258830

Doubt anybody here knows who he is, but my friend from Japan mentions that imagine if The Rock died. He's a big time celebrity in Japan and his passing is akin to the death of John Lennon(!)

Oh he's massive in Japan. Sold out arenas in six continents. Widely regarded as one of the greatest wrestlers to have ever lived. It's one of the biggest tragedies to hit world wrestling since...well...ages.

Didn't think anyone on here would really care though.

Patrick Farrow sculptor and brother of Mia. And his death looks suspicious, apparently.

For the sake of DDPers... a suitable obituary for Jean Dausset was produced by The Independent today... link

A sad day for acid techno fans. Ian Loveday - better known as Eon - has died of pneumonia at an unspecified, but not very advanced age.

I have happy, hazy memories of his best known tune "Spice", which was a staple of the rave scene in the early 90s (well, it was in Devon anyway)

21.gif

Horsey types are mourning the loss of Douglas Bunn, owner and founder of Hickstead.

:D

Three faults for a refusal at the last fence!

A sad day for acid techno fans. Ian Loveday - better known as Eon - has died of pneumonia at an unspecified, but not very advanced age.

I have happy, hazy memories of his best known tune "Spice", which was a staple of the rave scene in the early 90s (well, it was in Devon anyway)

21.gif

Hearing that again brought on a not entirely pleasant Proustian nostalgia, er, rush of endless hours of

, massive shouts going out and nocturnal pharmaceutically-enhanced wanderings around the highways and byways of Crouch End.

If 1992 was Brenda's annus horribilis, I can safely say it was my annus mongedoutis.

Horsey types are mourning the loss of Douglas Bunn, owner and founder of Hickstead.

If memory serves, he was the intended recipient of Harvey Smith's famous V gesture.

If memory serves, he was the intended recipient of Harvey Smith's famous V gesture.

He was indeed, as I found when I googled him last night - this article has a full explanation.

Bunn in the oven? :party:

RIP Gary...You were a good guy... :D

Channel 6 ABC Philadelphia is mourning the loss of Action News Sports Director Gary Papa, who passed away Friday, June 19, 2009.

Gary died at 2:57 p.m. at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania after a long fight with prostate cancer. He was 54 years old.

[Edit] Post moved. Not sure he was famous enough to have his own thread - HCW

I know there's a Dad's Army thread somewhere, but I can't find it.

Colin Bean, who played Private Sponge, has died at the age of 82.

Flossie Lane, hardly a major death but a notable obit if only to show the increasing willingness of the broadsheets to cover people who'd fall into the 'famous for being famous' category.

Is Winnie Langley still alive?

Flossie Lane, hardly a major death but a notable obit if only to show the increasing willingness of the broadsheets to cover people who'd fall into the 'famous for being famous' category.

She is indeed!

I think The Telegraph have always given obits to those who fall outside the realms of the famous. I was very pleased to see that Cyril Freezer got one as well.

Shame about Flossie. There is a very similar pub in Devon, The Luppitt Inn, which, for all it's charm, is locally rumoured to be a hotbed of Satanism.

I know there's a Dad's Army thread somewhere, but I can't find it.

Colin Bean, who played Private Sponge, has died at the age of 82.

Pukka Obit...

Steve Race, an iconic figure in British music over the last 50+ years, has died at 88 (aptly enough for a pianist). Who can forget his sublime and challenging quasi-Hazlehurstian audio-visual collaboration with Patsy Kensit for Birds Eye peas, Sweet as the Moment when the Pod went Pop?

Race is run.

She is indeed!

Thanks for that. Still getting coverage too. I reckon The Sun would run it if she died, so a possible DDP scorer. The bitch let me down last year by surviving, so I'm not sure I'll risk another pick.

Grrr, why couldn't ED have been on the list... :blink: oh well, on to the next wait...

Grrr, why couldn't ED have been on the list... :blink: oh well, on to the next wait...

Hopefully that'll stop BCAlum 'moaning' for a while.

Additionally, McMahon is the third The Simpsons guest star to die this year... perhaps I'll create a mundane thread about it.

I doubt it very much.

McMahon, Arundell & Bean - that's 3 of my 2010 DDP team gone & I can't think of many decent replacements. Might be a bit of a crap team being entered....

I doubt it very much.

McMahon, Arundell & Bean - that's 3 of my 2010 DDP team gone & I can't think of many decent replacements. Might be a bit of a crap team being entered....

There'll be some decent replacements cropping up later in the year.

It's taking a while for an obit for Arundell to come through

I doubt it very much.

If Arundell gets an obit you'll be in the points in 2009. If he doesn't, then it was best not to pick him for 2010.

If you're short of a few names. I've got a few knocking around...:blink: