Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Broadcaster Donald MacCormick, a recognisable face from British television in the 80s and 90s, has died of a heart attack at 70. Probably best known for presenting Newsnight and filling in for Robin Day on Question Time.

Historian, linguist and writer, Ji Xianlin, 97, one of China's leading intellectuals - according to his Wiki page "he currently lives in semi-seclusion in a military hospital." Here's an article about him.

Jian Xianlin has died.

:unsure: To bad...who is he? :blush:

That sounds very uncaring. I am sure his mother is most distraught...

Broadcaster Donald MacCormick, a recognisable face from British television in the 80s and 90s, has died of a heart attack at 70. Probably best known for presenting Newsnight and filling in for Robin Day on Question Time.

That's a shame. I saw him in a programme in March about the day Callaghan's government fell in a Confidence Motion vote and he seemed OK, if a little older...

RIP Donald...

:unsure: I demand to wind and rain

will always remain without answer

and the night for me hides

has been light for the blind

in my eyes

nonsense for stupid in my voice

street sounds of beethoven

in my ears

a streetlight late for the drunk

in me to lead search

anemones for the man without olfactory organs

women affected place

free for children without sentences

(for the toothless gulls in my tongue

a pitfall lightship rain cloud)

I always drift back to me

I myself always to top

I always fight with my eyes open

flat with the hands spread falling

grazes to elbows

Google translator :blush:

Is this Banshees writing poetry again?

Simon will be sadly missed. He was a national treasure. He never concealed his affection for drug use. He never made it a secret he loved to smoke some pot. He considered himself to be the oldest hippie in the Netherlands.

A great advocate to legalizing pot. He wás the Netherlands.

(sure, a direct translation of that last poem makes it look like gibberish, but in Dutch it makes sense.)

(Then again, maybe he was high on pot....)

Dr. Michael Day, not worldwide famous, but in the news as having died from swine flu, the first doctor to do so.

Why do I mention this so?

Because Dr. Day used to be our family doctor for nearly 10 years when we lived in Dunstable. When I read the news on BBC Ceefax News.. I was more shocked to read that piece of news than I was Michael Jackson & Natasha Richardson combined...

Report & the good man himself.

:crossbone: He was a good doctor & a very sensitive & caring man.

Dr. Michael Day, not worldwide famous, but in the news as having died from swine flu, the first doctor to do so.

Because Dr. Day used to be our family doctor for nearly 10 years when we lived in Dunstable. When I read the news on BBC Ceefax News.. I was more shocked to read that piece of news than I was Michael Jackson & Natasha Richardson combined...

Is anything known about other factors that could have contributed to his death? (for instants an history of ba health/ a failing immune system)

I am still curious on how serious this Swine Flu is.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/h...icle6694046.ece

i am to worried about how dangerous shine flu is , though you wonder if Baxter the company with the vaccine created swine flu in the first place. I don't think i will be getting the compulsory injections either. The fact that they rushed the vaccine though safety checks (check link) doesn't make me want to run out and get it neither.

Not getting vaccine: 50% chance of getting ill

getting vaccine 100% chance of getting ill. check out all the mass vaccine programs including 1976 swine flu vaccine left 27 people dead more than the actual flu itself.

then there is the formaldehyde case !!!

end of rant :P

Is anything known about other factors that could have contributed to his death? (for instants an history of ba health/ a failing immune system)

I am still curious on how serious this Swine Flu is.

Well, as far as Dr Day's health - no, not as far as I know, but then I guess I am much in the dark with that as anyone else.

To the best of most people's knowledge, he was healthy & still working until last week. If I hear anything more, I'll post it in the bird flu thread.

Seconded, also my doctor for 3 years when I lived in Dunstable.

Sir Edward Downes, a British Composer, has killed himself in a Swiss clinic. His wife also took her own life.

The actress Zena Marshall, who played Miss Taro in the first James Bond film "Dr No", has died at the age of 84.

I read about Sir Edwards Downes.

It's so sweet.

Him and his wife died togather holding hands, with their children at their bedsit.

Thats how I want to die!

World's 'oldest mother' has died at the age of 69.

She had her child in 2006 aged 66.

I read about Sir Edwards Downes.

It's so sweet.

Him and his wife died togather holding hands, with their children at their bedsit.

Thats how I want to die!

Beats dying by yourself in a bedsit i suppose!

Hey up, Tony Hart is dead.

Two Tony Harts in one year? Now that's just greedy. Does that count as double points though?

*bedside!

Oops!

Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara: I can only imagine under what letter OoO would have placed this on the DDP. :referee:

Actually, I feel like she was on the DDP or the HDP in some year past... maybe not...

Hey up, Tony Hart is dead.

Two Tony Harts in one year? Now that's just greedy. Does that count as double points though?

Both from Kent as well, and both having spent significant career time in Maidstone.

Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara: I can only imagine under what letter OoO would have placed this on the DDP. :referee:

Actually, I feel like she was on the DDP or the HDP in some year past... maybe not...

She was picked this year & was under letter D :)

Slightly annoyed as she was a backup for my Spanish CPDP team... but never mind...

She was picked this year & was under letter D :)

Slightly annoyed as she was a backup for my Spanish CPDP team... but never mind...

She was on my DDP last year. God knows why I didn't put her in my top 50 this year.

Why is NOBODY dying!!! URGH I hate this! Why do you get days where 15 people die and then days where absolutely nobody dies! :referee:

Why is NOBODY dying!!! URGH I hate this! Why do you get days where 15 people die and then days where absolutely nobody dies! :referee:

You're starting to piss me off now.