Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Prolific Northern Irish actor Harry Towb has died aged 83.

Equally at home on stage and screen, he was recently seen in "Eastenders" as Janine Butcher's elderly fiancé. His widow is Diana Hoddinott, best known for her role as Jim Hacker's wife in "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister".

One of those familiar faces difficult to put a name to, I see he also made appearances in "Doctor Who" in 1969 and 1971.

Towb_Harryx6xKp4Z.jpg

He was in "The Seeds of Death", but better known in Who circles for suffocating in a plastic chair in "Terror of the Autons"...

Prolific Northern Irish actor Harry Towb

I remember him in Callan.

Chalk another one up to Jack the Dancer.

Guest Bob Loblah

25Jul09

The list of 2009 is still a long, long way off of predictions.

May God take care of those on the list and let them live ever longer.

Forever and Ever

Bob Loblah

Norbert Rondel. Not famous in any sense of the word, but he lived a colourful life which has produced a really good obituary from The Guardian.

Gladys Longbridge, better known as Lady Bustamente, or Lady B, widow of former Jamaican Prime Minister Sir Alexander Bustamente, has died aged 97.

Fair chance of a UK obit, as the Observer published an interview with her last year.

White 10, an osprey.

No firm evidence of death yet, you cannot claim DDP points. A bit like Steve Fossett last year.

Oh, and it's just a bird. Maybe I should put up a posting for the ant I killed in the kitchen?

White 10, an osprey.

No firm evidence of death yet, you cannot claim DDP points. A bit like Steve Fossett last year.

Oh, and it's just a bird. Maybe I should put up a posting for the ant I killed in the kitchen?

FFS!

1 - They won't find the evidence because I've just eaten it........YUM!!!!

2 - There are no DDP points available because the little FUC - chicks - KERS hadn't hatched when the DDP started.

White 10, an osprey.

Just a bird? Philistine. I have just been watching Ospreys in Scotland, The ones we watched on the river Cassley had just the one chick. Another nest about seven miles away was deserted when only one parent returned. That said the Ospreys generally are doing quite well and there are plenty about in Scotland, everywhere except Fraserborough. I'm on the move from nest to nest just now (Funchal today) hence sporadic posting. I can't help noticing there seems to have been an influx of dickheads on the forum. Oh well, I guess it's the silly season. Whoever you are, welcome dickheads but don't overstay and don't on any account upset our cherished regulars. I have noticed some rather rude comments directed at the gentle LFN, Lardy, Rotten Ali and the "mostly harmless" Honez to name just five. If just one dickhead could be converted in to a reasonably articulate poster I guess that would be a result. I'm not holding my breath.

White 10, an osprey.

Just a bird? Philistine. I have just been watching Ospreys in Scotland, The ones we watched on the river Cassley had just the one chick. Another nest about seven miles away was deserted when only one parent returned. That said the Ospreys generally are doing quite well and there are plenty about in Scotland, everywhere except Fraserborough. I'm on the move from nest to nest just now (Funchal today) hence sporadic posting. I can't help noticing there seems to have been an influx of dickheads on the forum. Oh well, I guess it's the silly season. Whoever you are, welcome dickheads but don't overstay and don't on any account upset our cherished regulars. I have noticed some rather rude comments directed at the gentle LFN, Lardy, Rotten Ali and the "mostly harmless" Honez to name just five. If just one dickhead could be converted in to a reasonably articulate poster I guess that would be a result. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Funchal would be one of the last cities in the Northern Hemisphere to succumb to radiation poisoning if a full scale nuclear war occurred. Something to do with it's lack of nearby targets and favourable air currents keeping the fallout away. I hope you sleep better for knowing this, Godot.

If I am meant to draw an inference that I am a dickhead, get a life. Some people obviously have no sense of humour.

If I am meant to draw an inference that I am a dickhead, get a life. Some people obviously have no sense of humour.

Oh dear, no Applecool, please don't draw that inference. Read the note. It said Philistine, not dickhead. You live in Australia so I'm not sure whether you are a Prisoner of Mother England or a genuine Aussie. But it must be tough there at the moment, living with the shame of defeat at Lords. You have my commiserations. I guess the ant was called Flintoff.

I slept well in my bunker DDT after a glass or two of chilled Madeira.

Oh dear, no Applecool, please don't draw that inference. Read the note. It said Philistine, not dickhead. You live in Australia so I'm not sure whether you are a Prisoner of Mother England or a genuine Aussie. But it must be tough there at the moment, living with the shame of defeat at Lords. You have my commiserations. I guess the ant was called Flintoff.

I slept well in my bunker DDT after a glass or two of chilled Madeira.

Yes, all ants here go by the names of English cricketers. It is so therapeutic. Roll on the 3rd Test...

I have noticed some rather rude comments directed at the gentle LFN, Lardy, Rotten Ali and the "mostly harmless" Honez to name just five.

By mostly harmless do you mean in the Douglas Adams sense?

Or is this a conundrum in the Mensa challenge mould? Viz: "gentle" is to Lord Fellatio Nelson, as "mostly harmless" is to...

I have noticed some rather rude comments directed at the gentle LFN, Lardy, Rotten Ali and the "mostly harmless" Honez to name just five.

Or is this a conundrum in the Mensa challenge mould? Viz: "gentle" is to Lord Fellatio Nelson, as "mostly harmless" is to...

Honez, I wouldn't have thought you needed to ask. Mostly harmless is to LFN as gentle is to Dylan Thomas. Simples!

Guest Fat Marlon Brando

Has anyone thought about Bob Barker the former host of The Price Is Right.

Bob hosted the show for 35 years before he retired.

He is now 86 years od.

Honez, I wouldn't have thought you needed to ask. Mostly harmless is to LFN as gentle is to Dylan Thomas. Simples!

Speaking of Dylan Thomas, his daughter Aeronwy has just died.

Richard Ferguson QC

One of Northern Ireland's most distinguished legal figures has died. Richard Ferguson QC, who practised in London, was 73.

He represented the likes of Brighton bomber Patrick Magee, Guinness boss Ernest Saunders and property tycoon Nicholas Van Hoogstraten.

Couldn't find a thread on royals so....

Gayatri Devi, an Indian royal has died aged 90. Apprantely she was listed in Vogue as one of the "10 most beautiful women in the world".... I don't think they were looking at the picture in that article when they listed her!

:ghost3::ghost3:
:ph34r:
South African philosopher Errol Harris died June 21st aged 101.

Problem?....

If sending obscene messages to me and childishly quoting my posts and putting random smilies next to them is your idea of pissing me off then I suggest you try harder :unsure:

:ghost3::ghost3:
:ph34r:
South African philosopher Errol Harris died June 21st aged 101.

Problem?....

If sending obscene messages to me and childishly quoting my posts and putting random smilies next to them is your idea of pissing me off then I suggest you try harder :unsure:

You are trolling, and that has nothing to do with recent dead celebrities. :ghost3: