Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

John Holmes, Rugby League international, dead at 57.

'Drunk' Japan minister found dead

A former Japanese finance minister who stepped down after appearing to be drunk at an overseas news conference has been found dead at his home.

Tokyo police said Shoichi Nakagawa's body was found by his wife in the bedroom of their home.

Mr Nakagawa, 56, caused uproar when he appeared to be drunk at a news conference during a meeting of Group of Seven financial leaders in Rome in February. Later, at a Vatican museum, he touched exhibits and set off an alarm after entering an off-limits area.

One nip too many???? <_<

.......I'll get me kimono.

John Brady, high profile dissident Irish republican, died suddenly in a police station. Uh-oh......we haven't heard the last of this one.

Kevin McGee

"Matt Lucas's former boyfriend, Kevin McGee, has hanged himself – 10 months after the Little Britain comedian divorced him ... Mr McGee, 32, who married Lucas in a civil ceremony in December 2006, was found dead at his flat in Edinburgh on Monday after leaving a suicide note on the social networking website Facebook"

Kevin McGee

"Matt Lucas's former boyfriend, Kevin McGee, has hanged himself – 10 months after the Little Britain comedian divorced him ... Mr McGee, 32, who married Lucas in a civil ceremony in December 2006, was found dead at his flat in Edinburgh on Monday after leaving a suicide note on the social networking website Facebook"

Bloody hell...

For Ethnic Cleansing though, what an inspired pick!

That's 16 points heading his way....and into 5th place!

"The star, who is currently starring in the West End play Prick Up Your Ears, told a newspaper last month that their break up had been difficult."

Well it's a good thing for Lucas that he left him, otherwise McGee could have done a Halliwell on our routund star, and what news that would have been...

lucasPA180608_450x300.jpg002366-AP50.jpg

Lucas + McGee = William Hague

I couldn't help thinking, looking at that picture of the couple in happier times, that if you superimposed McGee's features on those of Matt Lucas you would get the picture above.

Kevin McGee

Bloody hell...

For Ethnic Cleansing though, what an inspired pick!

That's 16 points heading his way....and into 5th place!

"The star, who is currently starring in the West End play Prick Up Your Ears, told a newspaper last month that their break up had been difficult."

Well it's a good thing for Lucas that he left him, otherwise McGee could have done a Halliwell on our routund star, and what news that would have been...

Inspired! That's awesome deadpooling, did the guy have a track record of depression and threatening suicide......or is Ethnic Cleansing Kevin McGee?

Pick of the year as far as I'm concerned.

MPFC, I remember clarifying with Ethnic Cleansing which Kevin McGee he meant & EC came back & said "Matt Lucas' ex-partner. Bit of a gamble but I've read reports of depression & drugs. So you never know....."

When I investigated McGee more for his profile, I did note that McGee had "depression" & said "he couldn't live without Lucas" but I put it down to celebrity media blurb rather than anything substantial. Seems I, and everyone other than EC, was wrong.

MPFC, I remember clarifying with Ethnic Cleansing which Kevin McGee he meant & EC came back & said "Matt Lucas' ex-partner. Bit of a gamble but I've read reports of depression & drugs. So you never know....."

When I investigated McGee more for his profile, I did note that McGee had "depression" & said "he couldn't live without Lucas" but I put it down to celebrity media blurb rather than anything substantial. Seems I, and everyone other than EC, was wrong.

Well done Ethnic Cleansing, top work. I wonder if he read the brain tumour report on DL last year?

I do think that leaving a suicide note on Facebook is a tiny bit...tacky.

[Mods, I reckon McGee deserves his own thread]

Well done Ethnic Cleansing, top work. I wonder if he read the brain tumour report on DL last year?

I do think that leaving a suicide note on Facebook is a tiny bit...tacky.

[Mods, I reckon McGee deserves his own thread]

A bit late to change anything now, death is a one way ticket.

I think it might be a more appropriate thread for Matt Lucas, seeing as he's still with us. I knew about the brain tumour but then heard nothing more

about it. Then when I read that they got 'divorced', I speculated that it might have been a bit of porkies from McGee to save the marriage. He did seem a bit of an oddball I must admit...

German World War II ace Gunther Rall has died of a heart attack at the age of 91. Some decent points on the CPDP if he manages to get any English-language obituary from a proper news source.

Barry Letts, Doctor Who producer from 1969-1974, has died aged 84. No exact details of what he died of but he had been battling cancer for quite a while, though had been in remission lately.

Whilst very sad news, he was going to be on my 2010 list...

Barry Letts, Doctor Who producer from 1969-1974, has died aged 84. No exact details of what he died of but he had been battling cancer for quite a while, though had been in remission lately.

Whilst very sad news, he was going to be on my 2010 list...

And mine too. I was watching a Dr Who DVD feature and he looked very ill.

Shame, by all accounts he was a lovely man (my brother met him and can confirm that!) and a good producer. I think the Pertwee era

has become the most underrated period in Dr Who history...

Oh, and lets not forget that he made the greatest decision ever made a producer of the show. It was he who appointed Tom Baker as the 4th Doctor!

RIP Barry....

barryletts.jpg

German World War II ace Gunther Rall has died of a heart attack at the age of 91. Some decent points on the CPDP if he manages to get any English-language obituary from a proper news source.

Obituary from the Liverpool Daily Post. Can't say I've ever heard of them before, but looks good enough for Theme Team points, which means I'll update the CPDP later today.

Don't know if anybody saw the new episode of South Park that aired last night... very controversial but absolutely hilarious. The episode was titled "Dead Celebrities" and featured quite a few of celebrities who have died in the first nine months of 2009. For anybody that's interested in watching the episode, you can watch it in full here.

Basically the deceased celebs can't get to the afterlife and are stuck in purgatory because one of the passengers on their plane (Michael Jackson) won't come to terms with the fact that he's died.

Featured in the episode were: Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Ted Kennedy, Walter Cronkite, Ed McMahon, Patrick Swayze, Bea Arthur, Ricardo Montalban, John Hughes, Steve McNair, DJ AM, Les Paul, Oscar Mayer Jr, Billy Mays, David Carradine, Dom DeLuise, Natasha Richardson and Arturo Gatti. (Pity the only Brit featured was Richardson, would've loved to have seen South Park do Keith Floyd, Wendy Richard and Jade Goody but I guess they were all relatively minor names in the U.S.).

Worth a watch if you didn't see it!

What a shocker. Drugs is my guess.

Who is Stephen Gately? Isn't this more significant, death by gingervitis?

He was the gay one..

Well, as Stalin might have said: One death from Boyzone is a tragedy, a death from Westlife is a statistic....