Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

One death from Boyzone is a tragedy, a death from Westlife is a statistic....

B)<_<:unsure:

What a shocker. Drugs is my guess.

Who is Stephen Gately? Isn't this more significant, death by gingervitis?

I always thought you got Gingervitis if you didnt wipe your arse properly.

I suppose Dickie Peterson, lead singer, bassist and founder member of American 60s psychadelic heavy metal pioneers Blue Cheer is probably too obscure as well. Which is a shame as someone has just announced on the band's forum that he has liver cancer.

....Dickie Peterson has died.

I suppose Dickie Peterson, lead singer, bassist and founder member of American 60s psychadelic heavy metal pioneers Blue Cheer is probably too obscure as well. Which is a shame as someone has just announced on the band's forum that he has liver cancer.

....Dickie Peterson has died.

That's nothing to cheer about....

I know where my coat is!

Bastard!

I LOVED Blue Cheer I did. Got a few of their albums, Best Of, Vincebus Eruptum and the 1990 comeback.

Belgian cyclist Frank Vandenbroucke has done a Stephen Gately and been found dead in his hotel room. He was currently banned for drug abuse, so you can draw your own conclusions there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ing/8304173.stm

A famous Belgian?

Scottish singer Ian Wallace has died at the age of 90. Picked on the DDP by three people, including once as a joker, but I won't mention the names of teams to spare myself another disapproving grimace from Yvonne. :skull:

Al Martino

"The American singer, Al Martino, who had Britain's first number one record has died at the age of 82.

The song, Here In My Heart, was top when the New Musical Express introduced its chart in November 1952.

Martino, who also played Johnny Fontane in the 1972 film The Godfather died on Tuesday at his childhood home in Philadelphia.

The former bricklayer's other hits included Spanish Eyes, Can't Help Falling in Love and Volare. "

William Wayne Justice, an appropriately named U.S. federal judge has died aged 89.

Lu Zhengcao, 104 and the last of China's first 57 generals in the Liberation Army has fought his last battle and lost.

William Wayne Justice. The judge who single handedly overhauled Texas criminal justice system, ordered Texas to desegregate its educational system and forced the US to educate the children of illegal aliens.

The man was controversial as hell, but he was quite a judge.

William Wayne Justice. ... The man was controversial as hell, but he was quite a judge.

My kind of guy. RIP WWJ.

I tried to find a book by him, but I don't think he's published any. Wiki has a list of biographies, though.

Funny SouthPark I saw last night. The Ghosts of Farrah Fawsett, Ed McM, Michael Jackson, DJ AM, Patrick Swayze, etc were haunting Ike. Most prominant ghost Billy Mays. :rolleyes:

Maurice Agis

The sculptor whose inflatable artwork blew away in strong winds in Cheter-le-Street in 2006, killing 2 women, has died at the age of 77.

Two artists side by side......is there some meaning in the cunning juxtapositioning of these two deaths or......

Coats on!

TV and Film producer Daniel Melnick has died aged 77.

Creator of 'Get Smart!', he also lists among his credits 'Straw Dogs', his first production, and 'Network'.

Vic Mizzy has died, aged 93.

"Who?" I hear you cry. Well only the composer of one of the most famous TV Themes ever.

Joseph Wiseman, who played Julius No in the first ever bond film, Dr. No has died aged 91. He was the last bond villain from the Sean Connery films :rolleyes:

What about this fat sh*te?

[For some reason I thought this was the 'Ideas and Possibilities' thread].

I was a little confused by your post, as I've had a wee dram, but I hope you'll excuse me if a make a slight amendment:

Joseph Wiseman, who played Julius No in the first ever bond film, Dr. No has died aged 91. He was the last surviving bond villain from the Sean Connery films :rolleyes:

Gawd, another one from my misspent youth...

Liam Maher, singer of baggy also-rans Flowered Up, has died according to the official Heavenly (former label) page on Facebook. I know he had a raging heroin habit back in the day but don't know if that is in any way connected with his death.

:lol: Nooooooooooooo. I saw Flowered Up live in Exeter once and they perfectly complimented whatever substances I had been taking that evening.

I'm off to find my vinyl single of "Take It" and give it a listen for the first time in well over a decade. RIP Liam :rolleyes:

Gawd, another one from my misspent youth...

Liam Maher, singer of baggy also-rans Flowered Up, has died according to the official Heavenly (former label) page on Facebook. I know he had a raging heroin habit back in the day but don't know if that is in any way connected with his death.

:lol: Nooooooooooooo. I saw Flowered Up live in Exeter once and they perfectly complimented whatever substances I had been taking that evening.

I'm off to find my vinyl single of "Take It" and give it a listen for the first time in well over a decade. RIP Liam :rolleyes:

From Flowered Up to pushing up daisies....