Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Guest Davy Jones' Locker
Don Lane, veteran US-born entertainer, long-time Aussie resident and arch enemy of James "The Amazing" Randi, dies aged 75.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainm...91022-hane.html

You beat me to it!

I am sure some of our British friends would love to see the Lane/Randi clash. A classic moment in Australian television. :)

Wonder if it is up on Youtube?

Funnyman Soupy Sales, a unique pick on the DDP, isn't laughing anymore. Had him on a previous DP and was considering him for next year's DDP... despite this not being the best deadpooling year for me, he is only the first person this year to die who was on a previous list of mine, but not a current one. :)

Versatile singer Clinton Ford has died aged 77.

I remember him from my childhood, when we had an LP (on vinyl) called 'Clinton the Clown', also featuring the talents of George Chisolm.

A flavour of what was on there "

".

Elizabeth Prophet new age flake/guru who had a thing about the end of the world but didn't seem so astute about the end of her life. For all the apparent following she was a marginal figure trailing a bunch of largely harmless cranks in her wake. Interesting she should get such a detailed broadsheet obit, bodes well for a few more notable nutters when their time is up.

Guest WEP
American architect Lawrence Halprin died at 93.

Is it just me or do architects seem to live for a very long time? :old:

Well...

Did you think of this guy?

Or that guy?

Iain Souter, father of Brian and Morag of Stagecoach fame, has died at the age of 92. :old:

Pity it was the father, and not the son.

Iain Souter, father of Brian and Morag of Stagecoach fame, has died at the age of 92. :old:

You don't have the misfortune to have met him. His sons Fraser and Scott go to Dollar Academy. Not at all like their pigheaded father. And I think you mean Ann, she's Brian's sister. Never met her. My parents claim she's a nice person and I constantly see her in the local paper for doing charity work but a lot of folk tell me she's a c**t.

American architect Lawrence Halprin died at 93.

Is it just me or do architects seem to live for a very long time? :old:

Well...

Did you think of this guy?

Or that guy?

Yes, I did think of them.... which is why I made the assessment that architects seem to live for a very long time. ^_^

But back on topic, Dee Anthony died. Who, you might ask? He was the manager of Humble Pie, Peter Frampton, Jethro Tull, Tony Bennet and Emerson, Lake and Palmer just to name a few. :o

You don't have the misfortune to have met him. His sons Fraser and Scott go to Dollar Academy. Not at all like their pigheaded father. And I think you mean Ann, she's Brian's sister. Never met her. My parents claim she's a nice person and I constantly see her in the local paper for doing charity work but a lot of folk tell me she's a c**t.

Yes - she is called Ann. I often call her Morag for some strange reason.

You seem well connected with the Souter family. Anything you wish to tell me?

Yes - she is called Ann. I often call her Morag for some strange reason.

You seem well connected with the Souter family. Anything you wish to tell me?

Haha no not quite.. they live in Perth. I reside in Dundee. I went to a private school though and a lot of the pupils were from the surrounding areas, including Perth so they knew a lot of people at Strathallan, Dollar, Perth High, Perth Academy and so I got to meet people at parties. I met Brian because of his links with one of my ex's.

Decided not to bring up Clause 28, his comments about Northerners ("council dwelling, boozed up, Labour-voting scum" or something along those lines) or the fact that Alex Salmond mysteriously dropped the policy to renationalise bus services after a £500,000 donation was handed to him by Mr. Souter... Just seemed like a tit when i was speaking to him TBH - I think he got lucky in life. A luck not shared by his sons, and not by his father anymore by the look of things ^_^

I've had a recurring dream recently that secret messages are being transmitted via The Archers. Every time I think I'm about to decipher what the messages mean and who they are intended for, I wake up. Now, when I am awake and listening to the programme, I'm drawn in to this strange twilight zone where Phil Archer's comments about his farm's milk yield warp in to some sort of rallying cry for the listening aliens to invade. The Sunday morning omnibus edition really isn't the relaxing experience it used to be. :o

Maybe the dreams will stop now. Norman Painting, who played Phil Archer has died.

RIP Norman, from an Archers fan. :(

Actress Michelle Triola Marvin, former partner of Lee Marvin and Dick Van Dyke, has died of lung cancer.

Guest Deebles
Professor Jerry Morris has died on Wednesday 28th October at the age of 99, the beneficial effects of exercise that he played a key role in proving to modern medical science having finally run out on him. No obits out yet, but that link has a pretty good bio.

Chinese space-pioneer Tsien Hsue-Shen or Qian Xuesen, 98, died. Couldn't find an English obit, but wiki is faster than diarrhea in a detoxing junkie.

There's about 40 on Google News, including the one I linked to, on this very site, about 2 hours before your post. Maybe this is why the Deathlist is allegedly dying as no-one bothers to use the search function any more..... :skull: