Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Chinese space-pioneer Tsien Hsue-Shen or Qian Xuesen, 98, died. Couldn't find an English obit, but wiki is faster than diarrhea in a detoxing junkie.

There's about 40 on Google News, including the one I linked to, on this very site, about 2 hours before your post. Maybe this is why the Deathlist is allegedly dying as no-one bothers to use the search function any more..... :skull:

I feel pretty blond right know, but I still can't find any footage on DL... Google has two obits on the first page, one dutch and one on english.pravda.ru, which is in English, obviously, but doesn't sound as a reliable source.

But anyhow, as I have posted more in the last week than in the six months before that, due to a renewed interest in anything morbid (and me desiring a good reason to distract me from work), I'm doing my best to revitalize Deathlist. 10 miligrams of epi, all clear!

I feel pretty blond right know, but I still can't find any footage on DL... Google has two obits on the first page, one dutch and one on english.pravda.ru, which is in English, obviously, but doesn't sound as a reliable source.

It's in the Deathlist 2010 thread- it's a sticky & there's not been a post since mine.I'd say the same if MPFC, Phantom, BC Alum or anyone else had posted the original post - why can't people use the search facility?

As for a reliable English language obit? Well try the 115 - that's right 115 obits on Gogle News;

here, or here or here or even here in the Sun!!

Plus it is also on Yahoo news and all of these have had the story for some 12 hours.

Oh before you "claim" you can't find it on DL - http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...0&start=440

Goodnight all, that's all I can cope with for one night!

It's in the Deathlist 2010 thread- it's a sticky & there's not been a post since mine.I'd say the same if MPFC, Phantom, BC Alum or anyone else had posted the original post - why can't people use the search facility?

As for a reliable English language obit? Well try the 115 - that's right 115 obits on Gogle News;

here, or here or here or even here in the Sun!!

Plus it is also on Yahoo news and all of these have had the story for some 12 hours.

Oh before you "claim" you can't find it on DL - http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...0&start=440

Goodnight all, that's all I can cope with for one night!

Ah, the DL 2010 thread... Why can't wise guys like you post things in the threads that are made for it? I probably searched for 'Qian' or something like that... sue me! I think it's more likely that cynicism like yours is chasing DL-contributors away than my faux pas in this matter.

My google-toolbar links to www.google.nl, that's probably the reason why I still can't find those obits within the first three pages of hits. And for an obscure Chinese's death I couldn't be bothered to look in depth...

Gavin Hodge celebrity crimper and larger than life type, years ahead of his time, or summat.

Australian quadriplegic June Middleton, 82, who is today having a party to "celebrate" sixty years in an iron lung, longer than anyone else in the world.

June Middleton has died.

Lovely pictures in the link above, so she spent sixty years inside a sandwich toaster, right?

Billy Ingham

Burnley footballer known as "the Ginger Pele" has died following a long illness.

"The tenacious midfielder, who played 266 times for Burnley between 1972 and 1980, scoring 31 goals, died on Saturday, aged 57"

When Burnley were contesting the play-offs earlier this year, a local bakery made gingerbread men in his image (sort of)!

Jimmy Hoseason

The man who turned his family boating holiday firm into a hugely successful holiday and leisure company has died aged 82.

I always thought "Hoseason" was a made up name (something to do with Holidays and Seasons?) - shows what I know!

Jimmy Hoseason

The man who turned his family boating holiday firm into a hugely successful holiday and leisure company has died aged 82.

I always thought "Hoseason" was a made up name (something to do with Holidays and Seasons?) - shows what I know!

Rather embarassingly, so did I. I say embarrassingly as I used to work with them quite a fair bit (as I work in the travel industry) & always thought the same as you...

Guest Deebles
Vitaly Ginzberg, Nobel laureate and one of the fathers of the Soviet atomic bomb, has died aged 93

Jimmy Hoseason

Rather embarassingly, so did I. I say embarrassingly as I used to work with them quite a fair bit (as I work in the travel industry) & always thought the same as you...

I thought it was a holiday brochure for prostitutes...

I know where my coat is...

A bit late but worth mentioning...

Actor Timothy Bateson has died aged 83.

He has a place in sitcom history as he played the character that would become Basil Fawlty in an episode of Doctor in the House in 1971,

written by John Cleese...

A bit late but worth mentioning...

Actor Timothy Bateson has died aged 83.

He has a place in sitcom history as he played the character that would become Basil Fawlty in an episode of Doctor in the House in 1971,

written by John Cleese...

A great shame! Always wonderful to watch, but even more so to hear his wonderfully distinctive "crackling voice that belied a lack of training" (as the Guardian put it in their obituary). Always understated and underrated in mostly cameo roles, such as the guy putting up the screen in Margo's garden in "The Good Life".

(Corrected from earlier, when I said he was the guy delivering the Christmas tree - that was of course the equally wonderful and droll David Battley, who sadly is no longer with us too)

John J. O'Connor III, the husband of the retired Sandra Day O'Connor, has died at the age of 79 after a 20 year battle with Alzheimer's disease. I had been scouting him out as a unique for my DDP team next year.. but I might as well forget about that now. :)

John J. O'Connor III, the husband of the retired Sandra Day O'Connor, has died at the age of 79 after a 20 year battle with Alzheimer's disease. I had been scouting him out as a unique for my DDP team next year.. but I might as well forget about that now. :)

Nah, stick him on your team. You never know.

David Lloyd

No, not that one or that one, this one

"David Lloyd, the Emmy-winning writer whose credits include Taxi, Cheers and Frasier, has died of prostate cancer at the age of 75"

Also the father of Christopher Lloyd ("Taxi", "Back to the Future")

How is this possible when Christopher Lloyd is 71?

different Christopher Lloyd...

David Lloyd

No, not that one or that one, this one

"David Lloyd, the Emmy-winning writer whose credits include Taxi, Cheers and Frasier, has died of prostate cancer at the age of 75"

Also the father of Christopher Lloyd ("Taxi", "Back to the Future")

How is this possible when Christopher Lloyd is 71?

different Christopher Lloyd...

Mea culpa! Didn't check - just made the connection in my head that David Lloyd worked on "Taxi" in which the more famous Christopher Lloyd starred, so that was the Christopher Lloyd being reffered to in the article. It didn't occur to me that he too is a senior citizen these days!