Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

According to the website of Belgian paper La Libre Belgian Prince Alexander died today.

I didn't even know he was born. :)

regards,

Hein

I've no idea who he is either, however it merits a national holiday day of mourning in my book! I'd quite like Friday off.

You might be up for another one soon.

Continuing the dead royals theme, Princess Ferial of Egypt, is no more.

Continuing, but slightly deviating from the horse/s in song titles theme, Eric Boswell, who wrote popular Christmas carol 'Little Donkey', has died. Also, rather oddly as I only mentioned her in passing on DL 48hours ago, American singer Q Lazzarus, responsible for the glorious 80s gem

(which appeared on The Silence Of The Lambs soundtrack), died on Nov 26th according to her Wiki page, not that I can find any other confirmation of this sad news. She wouldn't have been very old.

Asim Butt

Lahore-born cricketer who played 5 one day internationals for Scotland and featured regularly for them in the B&H Cup and other competitions, has died in his sleep aged 42.

Maggie Jones - Blanche from Coronation Street - has died aged 75.

Maggie Jones was reportedly getting better, but she had now died at 75...

As you can now see above...

Anyway, on the subject or Corrie, Liz Dawn appeared on Family Fortunes the other week looking as alive as anybody can when standing next to Vernon Kay.

As newsworthy as Maggie Jones's death is, Teletext goes with 'Robbie's hairdresser dies'.

He previously worked at the appropriately named 'Knock-em-Dead' salon in Swindon.

Oh how we'll miss Teletext when it goes.

As newsworthy as Maggie Jones's death is, Teletext goes with 'Robbie's hairdresser dies'.

He previously worked at the appropriately named 'Knock-em-Dead' salon in Swindon.

Could be significant...didn't Mr Williams get engaged last week...

No! No he didn't! She's just his friend, it's all lies, I tell you, DAMN LIES!

Well its in Hello! that it was all a joke, so that settles that argument.

Told you. Robbie would never betray me like that. He loves me. That's what he said when he found me hiding in the bushes at his mansion. At least, I'm sure that's what he meant when he shouted 'get off my fucking land before I call the police and have you sectioned' :skull:

I can't believe Blanche from coronation street is :skull: ,i don't know who she is but i still can't believe it.

Eric Woolfson, 64, singer, songwriter, co-founder of the Alan Parsons Project and enthusiastic writer of musicals.

Told you. Robbie would never betray me like that. He loves me. That's what he said when he found me hiding in the bushes at his mansion. At least, I'm sure that's what he meant when he shouted 'get off my fucking land before I call the police and have you sectioned' :skull:

Did you kill the hair stylist as well? Seeing him as a potential love rival?

David Tree, actor in a host of films in the 1930's & 1940's. He was on my DDP longlist, but never really towards the top 20 as it was difficult to find much about him. Obit from the Independent.

Aaron Schroeder

The songwriter has died aged 84. He wrote "It's Now or Never" for Elvis Presley.

"He is also credited with helping launch the careers of Randy Newman, Jimi Hendrix and Barry White as a record producer, as well as writing the theme song for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!"

I'll have to remember that one for pub-quiz purposes if the question of a connection between Elvis Preseley with Scooby Doo ever comes up!

I can't believe Blanche from coronation street is :skull: ,i don't know who she is but i still can't believe it.

I can't believe it's not Betty! (maybe we should have that as a new topic tag line for a Coronation Street thread until Ms. Driver / Turpin finally cooks her last hot-pot (yes I know she's got her own thread!).

Aaron Schroeder

The songwriter has died aged 84. He wrote "It's Now or Never" for Elvis Presley.

"He is also credited with helping launch the careers of Randy Newman, Jimi Hendrix and Barry White as a record producer, as well as writing the theme song for Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!"

I'll have to remember that one for pub-quiz purposes if the question of a connection between Elvis Preseley with Scooby Doo ever comes up!

Scooby dooby dispute - was it written by Schroeder or Raleigh & Mook? Schroeder might've gotten away with it if it weren't for them meddlin' deathlisters ... {cue furious argument at the Dog and Duck}

Also, I think a certain Eduardo de Capua can take at least some of the credit for It's Now or Never.

Aaron Schroeder

Scooby dooby dispute - was it written by Schroeder or Raleigh & Mook? {cue furious argument at the Dog and Duck}

Also, I think a certain Eduardo de Capua can take at least some of the credit for It's Now or Never.

From what I can gather looking at various sites, it appears Schroeder was the "music director" for Scooby Doo (and also "The Banana Splits") and Raleigh and Mook worked under him.

Yes, granted de Capua wrote "O Sole Mio" (where the "sun" he is referring to is actually his home city of Naples), but Schroeder can claim the credit for the Presley song, albeit he was apparently inspired by another song "There's No Tomorrow" which itself was based on Capua's tune.

Kenyan athlete Patrick Konchellah, brother of the more famous Billy has died of cancer aged 41.

He won the 800m in the 1994 Commonwealth Games.