Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

According to many news sources, including Bloomberg, former German Economy Minister Otto Graf Lambsdorf has died. No BBC article yet.

Was he on anyone's list?

regards,

Hein

Yes, I believe he was on the german government's list of former Economy Ministers.

According to many news sources, including Bloomberg, former German Economy Minister Otto Graf Lambsdorf has died. No BBC article yet.

Was he on anyone's list?

regards,

Hein

Yes, I believe he was on the german government's list of former Economy Ministers.

I believe he was probably also on the Christmas list of his grandchildren. Hope they didn't do their Christmas shopping too early

Sam Salt captain of HMS Sheffield in 1982. One point the detailed Telelgraph obit fails to make is that he wouldn't have lived to have this obit if the Exocet missle that hit his ship had detonated properly.

I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought that I'd post it. Canadian singer Haydain Neale died on Nov. 22 from lung cancer.

Alan A'Court

Former Liverpool player who scored 63 goals in 381 appearances during the 50s and 60s has died at the age of 75.

Alan A'Court

Former Liverpool player who scored 63 goals in 381 appearances during the 50s and 60s has died at the age of 75.

Bloody hell, that' a bit of a shock. I swa on LFC TV last year and he seemed OK..

Russian liberal economist Yegor Gaidar, father of the market reforms in the early 1990s, died today at 53. This is an obit in The Economist for sure.

• Like 1

Russia's most famous body builder and TV/Radio host Vladimir Turchinsky has died following a 'blood rejuvenation' procedure.

If we learn nothing else this year we've learnt

1) Don't get a bum lift in Argentina.

2) Don't get your blood rejuvenated in Russia.

Don't get your blood rejuvenated in Russia.

Definitely not the destination for medical tourism.

Former South African health minister Manto Tshabalala-Msimang has died at the age of 69. She became infamous for her denial that HIV causes AIDS and gained the nickname Dr Garlic because of her insistence that garlic and other herbs could cure the condition. She was going to be on my 2010 DDP team, so I'll be interested to see if she gets a UK obit. It looks like Alex Higgins will get a reprieve as he'd been dropped in her favour.

Roy Disney, nephew of Walt, has died due to cancer aged 79 years.

Roy Disney, nephew of Walt, has died due to cancer aged 79 years.

He was a serious consideration for my DDP2009 team, although I didn't really consider him for DDP2010.

Perhaps I knew he was a goner and it would be too late...

Which brings to mind one of my favorite Wild Man Fischer songs; "Miss Jennifer Jones is Lying Dead On My Porch (Doo doo doo doo)".

Odd video but this is that legendary Fischer song.

Awesome!

Which brings to mind one of my favorite Wild Man Fischer songs; "Miss Jennifer Jones is Lying Dead On My Porch (Doo doo doo doo)".

Only just put Jennifer Jones into my spreadsheet this last week on account of her having made a suicide attempt on her own life at some time in the past (1944) and her being the 3rd oldest members of that club.

Leaving both Jacques Barzun & Mike Wallace even more out on their own.

She still never the less never quite got near my long list cut off point of stacking more than 120 points with just this info and her age. (taking her to 92.74 points)

Only just put Jennifer Jones into my spreadsheet this last week on account of her having made a suicide attempt on her own life at some time in the past (1944) and her being the 3rd oldest members of that club.

She still never the less never quite got near my long list cut off point of stacking more than 120 points with just this info and her age. (taking her to 92.74 points)

Well, who else's life would she attempt suicide on? :evil2::party:

<----- Thicko, point taken. Very good, thanks. At least I can spell "Jones".

Only just put Jennifer Jones into my spreadsheet this last week on account of her having made a suicide attempt on her own life at some time in the past (1944)[...]
<----- Thicko, point taken. Very good, thanks. At least I can spell "Jones".

She might have made a suicide attempt on, say, Hitler's life. Such things were quite popular in 1944.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

Death announced (and confirmed by agent) on The Sweeney forum of actor Garfield Morgan, best known as Frank Haskins (boss of Regan and Carter) in the Sweeney.