Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Former women's basketball coach for North Carolina Kay Yow has died at the age of 66. She also coached the women's olympic team to a gold medal in 1988

correction - she was coach at North Carolina State, a different university and rival of North Carolina.

Senegal's first Prime Minister Mamadou Dia, has died aged 99.

I think he was a pick in this years DDP.

Yes. A unique hit for FH Reverends if he gets a UK obit.

Legendary Boxing commentator Reg Gutteridge has finally been KO'd at 84...

Artist Eamonn Murphy - dunno how famous he really was since the events of his death are newsworthy in themselves - but, s'cuse the pun; it's snow joke!

Trisha Goddard escaped the Grim Reaper, but she hasn't escaped the axe at Channel 5.

Former women's basketball coach for North Carolina Kay Yow has died at the age of 66. She also coached the women's olympic team to a gold medal in 1988

I TOLD you there was something wrong with the water. -Jim Valvano

Avraham Ravitz, Israeli politician and member of the knesset since 1988, has died of a heart attack aged 75.

John Updike has died at the age of 76 from lung cancer

Noone had on DDP. Wow

Noone had on DDP. Wow

Yeah. Him and Gutteridge: two big misses in a week. We don't get everyone...

I bet Octopus is happy though. After a new year rush, it's been quiet on the DDP death front recently, unlike last year

when it was death after death...mostly for me! ;)

Humanist writer H. J. Blackham, 105 years old. Two picks on DDP.

Acceptable obituary for DDP points (I think).

John McCarthy

The singer for '80s Boston punk metal pioneers Post Mortem, has died at age 40.

Never heard of them personally, but I think it's quite interesting to read down the post and see some of the comments people have made speculating as to how he might have died...

Oh, and you may wish to check out their Wikipedia entry and see what former member Seth Putnam is up to these days. Think I might take my dear grandmother to see his latest band play...

Emmy Award-winning writer Sharat Sardana, who created comedy series "Goodness Gracious Me" and went on to help write "The Kumars At No.42", has died of an infection aged only 40.

The cricket statistician and Bearded Wonder Bill Frindall has died at the age 69 after contracting Legionnaire's Disease.

The cricket statistician and Bearded Wonder Bill Frindall has died at the age 69 after contracting Legionnaire's Disease.

I pipped you at the post, old bean.

Perhaps, but IMHO he belongs here rather than in some extra-curricular backwater. The man was a living legend, and besides, having checked the records, he is the first scorer to have died of Legionnaire's Disease in a January since Maurice Stump-Oliphant in 1873.

Perhaps, but IMHO he belongs here rather than in some extra-curricular backwater. The man was a living legend, and besides, having checked the records, he is the first scorer to have died of Legionnaire's Disease in a January since Maurice Stump-Oliphant in 1873.

Without intending to have a pop at a fine poster such as yourself, TT, this thread is a glorified wikipedia deaths page for those too lazy or unimaginative to acquaint themselves with and utilise these fora's infinitely interesting highways and byways. IMHO.

Long live the 'backwaters' and down with The Dead - the spiritual home of iain.

Without intending to have a pop at a fine poster such as yourself, TT, this thread is a glorified wikipedia deaths page for those too lazy or unimaginative to acquaint themselves with and utilise these fora's infinitely interesting highways and byways. IMHO.

:blink:

I quite like having both options, it all adds to the prevailing sense of anarchy.

Hmmmm...I can tell that my weak attempts at humour have failed you, and I feel as though I have never been damned with fainter praise. By the way, if you are going to use Latin (the use of fora, which I applaud), you may wish to acquaint yourself with English and the correct use of the possessive pronoun. You should, of course, have said foras'. This may not have translated easily, so perhaps a better suggestion would have been "the highways and byways of these fora". Not that I wish to be pedantic - just that I am by nature.

Hmmmm...I can tell that my weak attempts at humour have failed you, and I feel as though I have never been damned with fainter praise. By the way, if you are going to use Latin (the use of fora, which I applaud), you may wish to acquaint yourself with English and the correct use of the possessive pronoun. You should, of course, have said foras'. This may not have translated easily, so perhaps a better suggestion would have been "the highways and byways of these fora". Not that I wish to be pedantic - just that I am by nature.

Nothing wrong with a little pedantry and I feel sure that your inability to spell politician and surprisingly was merely the result of haste or carelessness. The humour in your post was crystal clear and appreciated, although the reference book I use claims that Stump-Oliphant passed away in 1874.

I agree I may have phrased it clumsily, but since fora is a plural then foras' doesn't appear to be correct. This doesn't shed much light on the matter, but it's interesting all the same.

Maybe honez has an opinion or maybe he'll just bang our heads together.

Guest He who enlightens

It seems to me that Twelvetrees and Harry Mcsally are really making a scene out of something which has little "if any" relative importance. Oh, and by the way, isn't this the Dead Thread? I preferably enjoy to see obituaries instead of a outrageously boring debate about words and how they are properly spelled. Come on gentleman, let's not make this a show and tell. If you want to put on a little debate there is a "Drunk\Bored" thread which exists for this purpose...