Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Not quite, still got the Biggie to go.

And another of Thatcher's old muckers has died. This time it's Sir Alan Walters.

It really is the death of Thatcherism now, isn't it?

True, but they're all falling one by one...

Carl Pohlad, owner of the Minnesota Twins baseball team has died at the age of 93

Ron Asheton aka Rock Action, Guitarist from Detroits' finest sons, The Stooges has died aged 60 of suspected heart attack.

Balls.

He was f*****g excellent.

Ron Asheton, guitarist with the Stooges has gone on a death trip. Looks like it was a heart attack.

EDIT: Gah, beaten to it... :referee:

Dr. Richard Sharpe, the cross-dressing Gloucester dermatologist serving life in prison for killing his estranged wife, was found dead Monday night in his cell at the state prison in Norfolk, according to a spokeswoman for the Department of Correction.

Sharpe was discovered hanging by a bed sheet by his cellmate at 7:26 p.m., said spokeswoman Diane Wiffin.

"An emergency medical response was initiated," Wiffin said. "He was transported to Norwood Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 8:11 p.m."

The department's emergency response procedures were followed, Wiffin said. State Police attached to the Norfolk district attorney's office are investigating Sharpe's death as a matter of protocol, according to spokesman David Traub.

The state medical examiner is expected to perform an autopsy today to determine a cause and manner of death. More information is expected to be released today, Traub said in a statement.

Sharpe was sentenced in 2001 to life in prison without the possibility of parole for the murder of his estranged wife, Karen, to keep her away from his $5 million in assets. The case drew national media attention when photographs of Sharpe wearing slinky dresses and fishnet stockings were widely published after his arrest.

Sharpe was later accused of hiring a hitman from behind bars to kill Robert Weiner, the former Essex first assistant district attorney who sent him to prison. A Norfolk Superior Court jury acquitted Sharpe of those charges in 2007.

Lisa McMurray, she had rabies you know. I told you she was ill, a while back.

Hardly a notable death

Hardly a notable death

Notable in that it's Rabies I suppose...

lets hope this year turns out better for me, considering no-one on my list died last year. :party: {even tho I coulda sworn I had Killer Kowalski on it, but, alas, I didn't. :/ }

Hardly a notable death

Notable in that it's Rabies I suppose...

Put it this way, she's a unique pick on the Deathrace and she got BBC news coverage, so fair play to the novice deadpooler who had the gumption to pick her and snag 359 points. I didn't recognise the name when I logged her and I was kicking myself later when I realised who she was. The news people ran the story with her name omitted in early December, which I posted on DL. But I checked today and she'd been named by the local press in late December so this near-certain death of a 35 year old was there for the taking for any experienced deadpooler with gumption. Did anyone of us experienced types nominate her for the DDP? Did we hell.

lets hope this year turns out better for me, considering no-one on my list died last year. :party: {even tho I coulda sworn I had Killer Kowalski on it, but, alas, I didn't. :/ }

What did your 2008 list consist of???

You didn't have Charlton Heston or Sydney Pollack on your list???? DUDE!! DUDE!!!

Anyway, so what is this Top 100 thing you have on your signature?

Actor Pat Hingle, Commissioner Gordon in the Batman movies, has died aged 84.

I think that's a hit for our very own OoO.

Hard to say since the DDP board just shows white pages for the current game.

:party: @ OoO, I know it's a lot of work. Better you than moi, mon ami.

I think he's on his list, which he posted on the DDP 09 thread. I only remember because at first I thought he meant Madge Hindle and she didn't seem like an OoO pick at all.

That's three Batman related deaths in less than a year, with Heath Ledger, Eartha Kitt, and now the old Commish!

By 'eck!

Geoff Seymour, the bloke that wrote the classic 70s "Hovis" ad, has died

By 'eck!

Classic, the have to start his funeral procession by pushing the coffin uphill on a cobbled street whilst it lays on top of a bicycle.

By 'eck!

He's brown bread.

Racist thug William Devereux Zantzinger, 69, who drunkenly attacked and killed a barmaid in 1963, has died. The barmaid he killed was called Hattie Carroll and the incident inspired Bob Dylan's song "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll".

Zantzinger was sentenced to a grand total of six months in jail and a fine of $500. The judges considerately deferred the start of the jail sentence to give Zantzinger time to harvest his tobacco crop.

Joanne Evans dies at 24. Master Mind will need to counter this in the long run.

Well at least that's out of the way...

God! That was a bit callous...

lets hope this year turns out better for me, considering no-one on my list died last year. :ph34r: {even tho I coulda sworn I had Killer Kowalski on it, but, alas, I didn't. :/ }

You didn't have Charlton Heston or Sydney Pollack on your list???? DUDE!! DUDE!!!

I had 50 wrestlers in my signature/ on my list last year, & none of them died, but the top 100 are those I choose this year. ;)

Ahhhh...I see. Very bold list to say the least. I don't think you're going to score many points this year though.

Is King Kong even still alive??

Anyway, I have two entertainment related deaths to report:

First, actor Don Galloway, best known for starring alongside Raymond Burr in the TV series Ironside, has died at the age of 71.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...3c73e733792ecbb

Second, legendary underground filmmaker Ray Dennis Steckler has stopped living and became a mixed up zombie!!! He was 70 years old. His death has been announced on his own webpage.

http://www.raydennissteckler.com/

lets hope this year turns out better for me, considering no-one on my list died last year. :ph34r: {even tho I coulda sworn I had Killer Kowalski on it, but, alas, I didn't. :/ }

I had 50 wrestlers in my signature/ on my list last year, & none of them died, but the top 100 are those I choose this year. ;)

Is King Kong even still alive??

This King Kong died in 1987, but he was a wrestler. Ah! 4 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon - memories! Then I'd switch back to the Beeb to get the final scores in their better version.

Dave Dee now very dozy indeed.

Damn, I opted for Peter MacBeth. Even though MacBeth has been given a couple of years to live, I figured with the combination of terminal cancer of the larynx and that he's in prison that he's health might go downhill somewhat quicker than most.