Banshees Scream

The Dead Of 2009

Since nobody is posting anything may as well give these guys a mention:

Two Luftwaffe fighter pilots:

April 29: Günther Bahr, 87

May 17: Adolf Dickfeld, 99

I think there's still a few dozen about though.. but perhaps the Luftwaffe is worthy of a new topic?

I think there's still a few dozen about though.. but perhaps the Luftwaffe is worthy of a new topic?

I've been felled by a few dicks in my time :referee:

I've been felled by a few dicks in my time :referee:

Beautiful, simply beautiful. :ph34r:

Felled being a metaphor for what exactly? :referee:

Gordon Lennon

The 26 year old captain of this year's Scottish Third Division champions Dumbarton has been killed in a car crash.

Gordon Lennon

The 26 year old captain of this year's Scottish Third Division champions Dumbarton has been killed in a car crash.

You know, next time I join a deadpool, one of my choices will be 'Any one Scottish League footballer'...

Soft Machine bassist Hugh Hopper has hopped off. Mentioned last year by MPFC on the ideas thread, nobody took the plunge and picked him for the DDP.

Soft Machine bassist Hugh Hopper has hopped off. Mentioned last year by MPFC on the ideas thread, nobody took the plunge and picked him for the DDP.

That's a shame. Coincidentially I've just been listening to former SM bass player Kevin Ayers. Hopper didn't look too good when I saw in in a documentary about Robert Wyatt a couple of years back...

Bob Dylan collaborator Kenny Rankin has died aged 69.

Peter Townsend. Not the Who guitarist, but the renowned professor of sociology and founder of Child Povery Action.

Fondly remembered by me, as I plagiarised a bit of one of his papers for my A level coursework. I got a really good mark as well, but the guilt still lingers on. :ghost3:

Peter Townsend. Not the Who guitarist, but the renowned professor of sociology and founder of Child Povery Action.

Fondly remembered by me, as I plagiarised a bit of one of his papers for my A level coursework. I got a really good mark as well, but the guilt still lingers on. :ghost3:

I think Pete Townshend, not the not The Who guitarist also did his bit for Child Peverty Action. He was on their register, had the credit card bill to prove it.

Two entertainment related deaths to report (as y'all can tell, that's my niche):

Actor Michael Roof has died under unknown circumstances. He was just 32 years old. Don't know him? He had supporting roles as a minor character actor in a few movies including Black Hawk Down, The Dukes of Hazard, and xXx. I actually remember his face (though not his name) as the gadget guy in the xXx movies (the films starred Vin Diesel and Ice Cube as ex-cons who become government operatives).

http://www.ocala.com/article/20090610/ARTI...-confirms-death

Grindhouse legend Don Edmonds has died at the age of 72. He is most infamous for directing the exploitation classic Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS. He has directed several other notorious exploitation flicks.

http://www.fangoriaonline.com/home/news/15...on-edmonds.html

Huey Long, singer, guitarist and last surviving member of pioneering American band "The Ink Spots", has died at the rather un rock'n'roll age of 105.

Huey Long, singer, guitarist and last surviving member of pioneering American band "The Ink Spots", has died at the rather un rock'n'roll age of 105.

Huey doesn't look a day over 95.

he didn't want to set the world on fire he just wanted to start a flame in your heart. :ghost3:

The actor (and Church of England Minister) Tenniel Evans Tenniel Evans, best remembered - by those old enough - for BBC Radio series The Navy Lark, as well as many TV appearances, has died at the age of 83.

The actor (and Church of England Minister) Tenniel Evans Tenniel Evans, best remembered - by those old enough - for BBC Radio series The Navy Lark, as well as many TV appearances, has died at the age of 83.

It was he who encouraged Jon Pertwee to take up the part of Doctor Who don't you know...

RIP Tenniel....

It was he who encouraged Jon Pertwee to take up the part of Doctor Who don't you know...

RIP Tenniel....

Jumping Jehosaphat!

Any word from "the Captain" yet?

From the website of football statto Tony Kempster

by Tony Kempster on Thu 23 Apr 2009 08:43 BST

"Saw my consultant yesterday for the results of my scan and, as I expected, the tumour on my liver has shown worthless growth. It is now deteriorating quite quickly and the consultant told me that it is very unlikely that I will survive into 2010. In fact, it will probably be sooner than that.

Sorry to put this as bluntly as I have but there really is no other way of saying it.

I am currently still feeling good as I am on the steroids and we will make the most of each day as it comes before the deterioration sets in.

As for my football site, I will be freezing it at the end of the current season and there will be no more updates after that.

Not a lot more to say really."

Tony Kempster died today. :o

"Saw my consultant yesterday for the results of my scan and, as I expected, the tumour on my liver has shown worthless growth. ................"

Once again the Swear Filter rears its ugly head.

"Saw my consultant yesterday for the results of my scan and, as I expected, the tumour on my liver has shown worthless growth. ................"

Once again the Swear Filter rears its ugly head.

Swear filter? Other websites with this quote all have 's.i.g.n.i.f.i.c.a.n.t' growth. At least downunder, this is not a swear word.

That's what I said.

worthless.

Interestingly enough, the swear filter has nonetheless managed to correct Kempster's misspelling of "consultant".

The biggest and most well known and beloved pro wrestler has passed away......

.....in Japan anyway.

Friend of mine from Japan e-mailed me the "untimely passing" of the biggest wrestling legend in Japan, Mitsuharu Misawa.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4258830

Doubt anybody here knows who he is, but my friend from Japan mentions that imagine if The Rock died. He's a big time celebrity in Japan and his passing is akin to the death of John Lennon(!)