Banshees Scream

Discuss DL 2009

I think it's impressive. I thought the selections would be much more conservative and it's obvious that DL has reached a new level. I really don't have much to criticize. I will say that even as Ronnie Biggs is the ultimate death tease I don't think he'll die this year. I'm a stubborn son of a bitch and Ronnie Biggs is one too.

It's all very creative and it's a top notch effort by the DL committee. Clap clap. It's impressive.

Quite a conservative list, which in my mind is no bad thing. There's no-one who jumps out as a ridiculous addition, and I think DL.net will do well this year. Bravo.

Interesting list, though not many names I am familiar with (except the obvious ones, e.g. Patrick Swayze, Ted Kennedy, and Robert Novak).

I wonder what 2009 will bring. I'm hoping Fidel Castro and Kim Jong-il will kick the bucket, that's for sure!

Intesesting list. The DL Committee did a good job in its selections.

I am encouraged by the selection of newcomers Novak, Atkins, Richard, Swayze. Kim Jong Il and Senator Kennedy. They were excellent choices!

Biggs has been in poor health for a long time, so I can understand him being very high on the list, but historically he has been a DL tease so it will be interesting to see if he meets his demise this year.

I'm too pissed to actually give a sh*t - I'll look tomorrow - but I do know you've copied some of mine so I'll take the credit.

Dunn should always be #50, though.

I agree. I like the Steinbrenner inclusion. Overall better then last year, I still would have likes to see Winehouse sneak in there instead of someone like Jake Lamotta pick. Biggs doesn't deserve the #1 slot. Robson would have been my pick. I like the Lockerbie guy No. 2.

Seve's link doesn't work and his name's spelt wrong.

Gazza and Henry Allingham are 2 omissions that spring to mind.

Well done for resisting the opportunity to include Obama.

I think you might be barking up the wrong tree with Thatcher, Mandela, Castro, Havel, Sharon etc. Big name country leaders have a habit of clinging on for a while longer than expected. Just look at Soeharto.

Seve's link doesn't work and his name's spelt wrong.

Well done for resisting the opportunity to include Obama.

I think you might be barking up the wrong tree with Thatcher, Mandela, Castro, Havel, Sharon etc. Big name country leaders have a habit of clinging on for a while longer than expected. Just look at Soeharto.

I agree with most of this although I would keep Castro. What is the deal with keeping Eli Wallach? I thought we determined that he was pretty healthy for a 94 year old.

I'm content with the decisions made by the committee. Al Megrahi fits the criteria to be in the second slot (even as I would have never guessed this) and what is most shocking is the amount of terminal illness compiled on here.

The best part of it is the committee screwed everybody out of their opinions. Swayze wasn't headlining anything.

Guest grigore

The only regard I have to make about this site is that the ages are mistaken often. Ronnie Biggs isn't 80, he is 79, you should match them with wikipedia.

Well, you lot have supprised me - not that it takes much!

At first glance:

Joáo Havelange - surely just old!

Susan Atkins - who? - now I've put down Manson himself 'cus he is evil and he should die - is she really famous enough!

George Steinbrenner - sorry, never heard of him - but then I'm a Mets fan.

Lodovic Kennedy - I thought he was dead!

Ravi Shanker - is he ill?

Pierre Cardin - ditto - he is on my long list (700 names) but I've not any illness or lifestyle issues for him, is he a smoker?

Robert Novak - not on my list - maybe he should be!

So I'm thinking its a fair list, but its not going to set the world alight with such as Eli Wallach, Christopher Lee and Chapman Pincher on it.

Guest Dead and Buried

I'm impressed with the list and look forward to this year. This is our year!

I'd love to see Teddy Kennedy kick it :old: ...I'm hoping that the Kennedy Curse comes through!

I'm glad to see the DL mega minds thinking along the same lines as me and not being swayed by the last minute blather about Wendy Richard and Dai Llewellyn getting better. I've put my faith in the pair of them. Some might moan about conservatism but the groans a year ago were aimed at a list that whittled itself down to 36 survivors. Personally, I think we could have included an odd obscure foreign pick, like Tolimir in place of one of the more conspiciously healthy Hollywood types. Micky Rooney might well see 100, I mean; he's so damn short it's not like his heart has a tough job on pumping blood to the extremities, is it?

But overall......respect!

Let battle commence, or summat. And please let that football lot with their alternative list return and pit their skills against the DL 50 again.

The only regard I have to make about this site is that the ages are mistaken often. Ronnie Biggs isn't 80, he is 79, you should match them with wikipedia.

Hello grigore, welcome to the club (you are going to join, aren't you?) If you take a closer look at the board, you'll see it states 'age this year'. As he will be 80 this year, the DL committee got it right.

As for Wiki, I wouldn't trust that site if my life depended on it.

Guest Tomath

A decent list, but you may regret dropping the likes of Olivia de Havilland, Vera Lynn and Ernest Borgnine. I might also have picked Robert Mugabe, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

A good list, I had forgot that Pierre Cardin was still alive

The only comment I have is that keeping on Eli Wallach is utterly, utterly foolish. But a good list all in all, I suppose.

A decent list, but you may regret dropping the likes of Olivia de Havilland, Vera Lynn and Ernest Borgnine. I might also have picked Robert Mugabe, but maybe that's wishful thinking.

I'd hardly call those regrets. All three are doing decently in spite of age; especially Borgnine.

Anyways, the list looks pretty good. I wonder if DeathList will ever learn when it comes to Eli Wallach. :lol:

Bit surprised Dickie Attenborough didn't make it...

I have just one comment.

WHERE IS CLIVE DUNN?

I would not be surprised if the old codger doesn't peg it this year just to spite you.

I have just one comment.

WHERE IS CLIVE DUNN?

I would not be surprised if the old codger doesn't peg it this year just to spite you.

He's number 48

Allingham doesn't qualify for the deathlist. He is only really famous for living so long.

My great grandfather fought in WW1 but I bet you don't know his name. The reason you don't know his name is that he died in 1953 when there were still thousands of great war veterans on the go.

So Allingham is only really famous for suffering from the most common terminal illness of all - old age.