football_fan

Birthdays, Births, Anniversaries, etc... for 2009

The 20th January 2009. I'm told that we have ditch hello today, and instead greet people by saying 'Happy Obama Day'!

So...Happy Obama Day, everyone! ;)

I don't mean to ruin this momentous occassion, but is anyone else puzzled why Obama has centred his inauguration on Lincoln? Surely he is tempting fate? The other two people compared to Obama have been John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jnr.

Is that the nice way of hinting that he's going to be shot in the head?

I'm less concerned that Obama is here only that Dubya will be gone... ;)

Happy Birthday Canadian Paul.

Happy Birthday CP

Happy Birthday, CP!

Happy Birthday Ukrainian-Aquarian-Canadian Paul!canadacake8bbc08ht3.jpg

Happy Birthday Canadian Paul...

I can't believe you're only 23, you young whipper snapper!

Happy Birthday you hoser!

The 20th January 2009. I'm told that we have ditch hello today, and instead greet people by saying 'Happy Obama Day'!

So...Happy Obama Day, everyone! :unsure:

I don't mean to ruin this momentous occassion, but is anyone else puzzled why Obama has centred his inauguration on Lincoln? Surely he is tempting fate? The other two people compared to Obama have been John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jnr.

I don't see it that way, W. The connection is that Abraham Lincoln was the president who freed African American slaves and Barack Obama's election has provided another milestone in the struggle for equal rights. It's the same reason that Martin Luther King Jr. used Father Abraham as a backdrop for his "I have a dream" speech.

So...Happy Obama Day, everyone! :unsure:

I don't see it that way, W. The connection is that Abraham Lincoln was the president who freed African American slaves and Barack Obama's election has provided another milestone in the struggle for equal rights. It's the same reason that Martin Luther King Jr. used Father Abraham as a backdrop for his "I have a dream" speech.

Yes, yes, yes - I was only kidding.

Not that there is anything funny about being assassinated like...

Happy Birthday CP!

So...Happy Obama Day, everyone! :rolleyes:

Yes, yes, yes - I was only kidding.

Not that there is anything funny about being assassinated like...

My apologies, W old boy. Ha ha.

All the best CP! Have a few pints.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! The bar right next to my apartment has put my favourite beer of all time on tap, which was something previously only done in San Diego. That, along with finding out that Robert Rodriguez, the director of my favourite film of all time, will be speaking at my commencement is pretty much one of the best birthday gifts ever.

That film is From Dusk till Dawn, by the way. As noted in another thread, I'm usually not amongst the cultural elite when it comes to films that I enjoy. Let me use this as another opportunity to mention how much I hated 2001: A Space Odyssey. :blink:

Happy Birthday DDT - you have remarkable typing skills for one so young. :)

Happy Birthday DDT - you have remarkable typing skills for one so young. ;)

Happy Birthday Champ! :)

Happy Birthday DDT - you have remarkable typing skills for one so young. ;)

Happy Birthday Champ! :)

What they said? /\ Have a good one!

Not checked this thread for so long and now I have, I find its our "big heap done well" DDT that is due a:

Happy Birthday

To the many I've missed (lastly CP) I extend my belated greetings and trust that you lot forgive my many over sights.

Happy Birthday DDT!

All the best DDT!