themaninblack

Death Anniversary Thread

It's also the 64th anniversary of VE Day, not sure if that really counts in this thread but if mpfc can slip in St. Jimmy's day then I think this can be mentioned.

An ex-colleague who now works in France (and incidentally happens to be French) popped in today, keen to mention he was on a bank holiday. He mentioned how they'd teased their German colleague telling him he still had to go to work!

• Like 1

Sorry to be priggish, but this is not a general anniversary thread, but to do with deaths.

So VE day no, Battle of the Somme yes!

For instance, today is the anniversary of the murder of the former Italian PM Aldo Moro, by the Red Brigades in 1978...

user_39_aldo_moro_corpo_nel_bagagliaio.jpg

Ex-Prime Ministers getting murdered by terrorists? Could happen. If I was Mr Bliar, I'd be very careful.. :blink:

Sorry to be priggish, but this is not a general anniversary thread, but to do with deaths.

For instance, today is the anniversary of the murder of the former Italian PM Aldo Moro, by the Red Brigades in 1978...

Ex-Prime Ministers getting murdered by terrorists? Could happen. If I was Mr Bliar, I'd be very careful.. :blink:

Fair enough TMIB, but if you read my post properly you would see that I did say that I wasn't sure if this was the correct thread. I'm very disappointed that you singled out my post and completely ignored mpfc's which surely has far less relevance here, what has Carlisle winning promotion got to do with 'death' anniversaries? At least VE day is the anniversary of the end of the European part of a conflict that caused an estimated 72 million deaths.

Fair enough TMIB, but if you read my post properly you would see that I did say that I wasn't sure if this was the correct thread. I'm very disappointed that you singled out my post and completely ignored mpfc's which surely has far less relevance here, what has Carlisle winning promotion got to do with 'death' anniversaries? At least VE day is the anniversary of the end of the European part of a conflict that caused an estimated 72 million deaths.

I meant in general LG. The VE reference was an example, but MPFC's Carlisle celebration is duly noted.

I think you got on your high horse by mentioning this World War business. Don't you know Jimmy Glass's goal was the most important event in history?

Guest This site used to be funny
Don't you know Jimmy Glass's goal was the most important event in history?

I think you need a new history book, or is this just (as the reply stats would suggest) your personal thread to trawl up whatever you find on wiki?

rgn_wikipedia_wideweb__470x458,2.jpg

Don't you know Jimmy Glass's goal was the most important event in history?

I think you need a new history book, or is this just (as the reply stats would suggest) your personal thread to trawl up whatever you find on wiki?

rgn_wikipedia_wideweb__470x458,2.jpg

Actually much of the info I flinch is from NNDB, which dedicates itself to famous or noted people popping their clogs..

What's it to you anyway, fuckface?

Ex-Prime Ministers getting murdered by terrorists? Could happen. If I was Mr Bliar, I'd be very careful.. ;)

I meant in general LG and I didn't single you out. You are not mentioned or quoted. Maybe you should read my post properly...:blink:

I know I was not mentioned nor quoted TMIB, but you did choose my post about 'VE Day' and not 'VE Day and St. Jimmy's Day' , I specifically mentioned that I only posted VE Day because of the 'St. Jimmy's Day', that was the point I was trying to make, it was out of place in here so why shouldn't I post something not specific to a person too.

Ex-Prime Ministers getting murdered by terrorists? Could happen. If I was Mr Bliar, I'd be very careful.. ;)

I meant in general LG and I didn't single you out. You are not mentioned or quoted. Maybe you should read my post properly...:blink:

I know I was not mentioned nor quoted TMIB, but you did choose my post about 'VE Day' and not 'VE Day and St. Jimmy's Day' , I specifically mentioned that I only posted VE Day because of the 'St. Jimmy's Day', that was the point I was trying to make, it was out of place in here so why shouldn't I post something not specific to a person too.

Forget it.

I start a thread with good intentions, spread a bit of knowledge around and I get picked at from all sides, from members to cunty cowardly snipers or 'Guests' as we call them.

Wish I hadn't f****n' bothered now...

Calm down, calm down.

I like this thread - so that should be enough justification for its continuation.

Where else on this forum would we have been able to have such an interesting slanging match about Oliver Cromwell?

Calm down, calm down.

I like this thread - so that should be enough justification for its continuation.

Where else on this forum would we have been able to have such an interesting slanging match about Oliver Cromwell?

I agree. I'm learning much on this thread. People are so pissy on here lately. I'm almost missing Banshees.

Speaking as somebody who has got on my high horse on more than a few occasions ( Lardy has to use a Pony), it should be mandatory that, once in a while, we all do it.

We all get pissed off about things and can be seriously snappy, Im as guilty as anybody.

Lets all feel the love people, perhaps arrange a bonding session ( a bondage session for BS) and understand that life really is too short.

Feel the love.

Speaking as somebody who has got on my high horse on more than a few occasions ( Lardy has to use a Pony), it should be mandatory that, once in a while, we all do it.

We all get pissed off about things and can be seriously snappy, Im as guilty as anybody.

Lets all feel the love people, perhaps arrange a bonding session ( a bondage session for BS) and understand that life really is too short.

Feel the love.

f**k off you lanky Norfolk twat <_<

Feel the love.

Not so much of the Norfolk, I aint got webbed fingers.

Feel the love.

Not so much of the Norfolk, I aint got webbed fingers.

Yer but I do believe that you're married to your own sister's goat.

Former Labour leader

JOHN_SMITH_PORTRAIT.JPG

John Smith QC, died 15 years ago today.

One year ago today since 'he twists, he turns, he's' Tommy Burns passed on to join the likes of Jimmy Johnstone, Patsy Gallacher, Charlie Tully and Jock Stein in the other 'Paradise'.

for you OoO, now I know why you are off to Norway, you knew I'd post this :rolleyes: .

Don Revie died 20 years ago today. Having just read The Damned United I think they should have given Clough longer at the club but Revie's presence was so strong he never had a chance. Still, that team should have won a lot more than it did and Clough had the last laugh at Notts Forest. I wonder if the good times will ever come back. It's a travesty a city such as Leeds should be in the old third division, like Newcastle in the second, not that I give a stuff any more.

Robert Kennedy was assassinated today in 1968...

RFK%20conspiracy%20test.jpg

I remember it well. I was going round a zoo in Derbyshire when they broke the news. I remember thinking "f*ck it, another one," well probably a milder exclamation since I was a kid. I can't remember what kids were using for exclamations of shock 40 years ago. It was probably "oh!"

I remember it well. I was going round a zoo in Derbyshire when they broke the news. I remember thinking "f*ck it, another one," well probably a milder exclamation since I was a kid. I can't remember what kids were using for exclamations of shock 40 years ago. It was probably "oh!"

Bit of useless trivia for you, when Karen Carpenter was 18 she was being driven past the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles at the exact moment Robert Kennedy was shot.

George Reeves, television's first Superman, died in rather suspicious circumstances 50 years ago today...

Young%20George%20Reeves.JPG

George Reeves, television's first Superman, died in rather suspicious circumstances 50 years ago today...

Young%20George%20Reeves.JPG

Not faster than a speeding bullet!

Fred Astaire died today in 1987...

fred1.jpg

Fred Astaire died today >snip

So did Judy Garland, (in 1969???) but I cant be arsed looking for a pic

• Like 1