Saint Peter

Barack Obama

How Many Months  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I reckon Billy Bob and Cleatus are sharpening thier skills at the moment.

So lets take a straw poll on how many month's Mr Obama gets in office.

Another pool could be "How many days before our chums in the states realise he will not make a blind bit of difference and the feel good factor dissappears"

• Like 1

Another pool could be "How many days before or chums in the states realise he will not make a blind bit of difference and the feel good factor dissappears"

Haven't voted on this poll yet, but my answer to the second one would be about 5 years. For his first term, the mere fact that he's not Dubya will make anything he does look like pure gold, as it did during the campaign. He'll get re-elected and the people will then soon realize that he doesn't walk on water and that, surprise, surprise, he's just an overrated politician. I'll give him that he's not as bad as most of them, but he doesn't strike me as being particularly special. And this "comparing him to Lincoln" stuff is just BS. Someone truly great can stand on their own name. It's like when a TV show announces that it's "such and such" for a new age. The second the name gets dropped, it's almost certainly crap.

Forget a black president or a woman president. I'm not an atheist, but I'll be impressed when one becomes president in the States. Heck, I'll be impressed when a non-Christian becomes president. Look at the fuss they made back in the day about ol' Catholic Kennedy!

Another pool could be "How many days before or chums in the states realise he will not make a blind bit of difference and the feel good factor dissappears"

Haven't voted on this poll yet, but my answer to the second one would be about 5 years. For his first term, the mere fact that he's not Dubya will make anything he does look like pure gold, as it did during the campaign. He'll get re-elected and the people will then soon realize that he doesn't walk on water and that, surprise, surprise, he's just an overrated politician. I'll give him that he's not as bad as most of them, but he doesn't strike me as being particularly special. And this "comparing him to Lincoln" stuff is just BS. Someone truly great can stand on their own name. It's like when a TV show announces that it's "such and such" for a new age. The second the name gets dropped, it's almost certainly crap.

Forget a black president or a woman president. I'm not an atheist, but I'll be impressed when one becomes president in the States. Heck, I'll be impressed when a non-Christian becomes president. Look at the fuss they made back in the day about ol' Catholic Kennedy!

Sound familiar? The Blair PM project II anyone?

I'll stand by my "all politicians are a crock of sh*t". I guess it must be a human nature factor too. As soon as someone puts their head above the crowd into celebritydom, I use the word lightly (Kerry Katona, Jady Goody, Carlton Palmer etc), it's human nature to criticise and find fault. Perhaps it is intrinsic jealousy? Or perhaps there are those who unfortunately are born into crock of sh*t birthing pools.

Even taking Obama's abilities out of the question, no one could stand up to the hype that surrounds him.

• Like 1

Sound familiar? The Blair PM project II anyone?

The good news for the Americans is that he can only stand in one more election.

Unless he uses his ultra-popularity to change the constitution (and I don't think he is that popular).

Even taking Obama's abilities out of the question, no one could stand up to the hype that surrounds him.

I could. I'm even better than my hype.

When U2 sang Even better than the real thing they were referring to me.

I'm looking forward to Obama's first state visit to the UK. He has a dislike for us Brits as we tortured his granda in Kenya. The Queen was, ofcourse, Queen of Kenya from 1952-1964.

I'll bet Prince Philip is looking forward to the state visit too. A new DL competition perhaps? What will Prince Philip say to offend Obama?

According to the BEEB News his big impact on day one hardly lived to it's hype.

Some of the spin doctors will need to get some Brasso out to shine the tarnish.

There was a great quote "This the second thing he has ever headed up, the first was his presidential campaign". So he has the perfect CV with not even had run a 2 pence raffle before. Unless he carries out some serious hard hitting policies the US is going to slide into a financial and foriegn policy melt down. I won't hold my breath. :pop:

I'll bet Prince Philip is looking forward to the state visit too. A new DL competition perhaps? What will Prince Philip say to offend Obama?

Were you one of the Fuzzy Wuzzies in the film "Zulu" ?

I would like to see what the release from Buck House was explaining his cheeky gaff !!!

I hear he's visitin London for this G20 s**te. It might be worth a visit down south, armed with a camcorder, cos if i'm in the right place at the right time I could get his assassination on film, like that geezer did with the Kennedy shooting and make an absolute shed load of dosh by selling it to the highest bidder....

I hear he's visitin London for this G20 s**te. It might be worth a visit down south, armed with a camcorder, cos if i'm in the right place at the right time I could get his assassination on film, like that geezer did with the Kennedy shooting and make an absolute shed load of dosh by selling it to the highest bidder....

They had a thing on his car in one of the papers at the weekend. It's basically a tank made to look like a limousine. I doubt very much that Obama is going to be driven around London with the top down, on account of the weather and all.

There wasn't an option to vote for 96 months, so I went for 48.

They had a thing on his car in one of the papers at the weekend. It's basically a tank made to look like a limousine. I doubt very much that Obama is going to be driven around London with the top down, on account of the weather and all.

I went for 24

I would go for never... but it's not an option :lol:

I reckon Billy Bob and Cleatus are sharpening thier skills at the moment.

So lets take a straw poll on how many month's Mr Obama gets in office.

Another pool could be "How many days before our chums in the states realise he will not make a blind bit of difference and the feel good factor dissappears"

Pretty harsh, people. Unfortunately, assassination was the first thing I thought of when he announced his candidacy, and give the number of true loonies in my country, I'm surprised that he lasted this long. The feds have already caught some yahoo with a shotgun in his pickup truck circling the white house. His comment was that he had a package for Obama.

He has to leave this tank at some point or other, or will they hold this meeting inside the tank ? Knowing the yanks it will be a pretty big tank of sorts....

Oh well, wishful thinking, will find another 'Get rich quick scheme'...LOL

I think its symbolic that Barack Obama's mother died of uterine cancer. Meaning he was born from a cancerous womb.

• Like 1

I think its symbolic that Barack Obama's mother died of uterine cancer. Meaning he was born from a cancerous womb.

That's a rather nasty thing to say....

Which means you either came from a big cunt, or were born of blood, knife and drugs.

Neither of which would serve to describe most people, nor Obama.

I'm not getting the symbolism here, as his mother was healthy at the time of his birth. It's a moot point anyway because children are often born healthy even if the parents are sick.

For instance, it's quite possible that your own offspring will be perfectly normal.

@Madame Defargenot

I wasnt referring to the time that he was born.

@themaninblack

does England like Obama? Because over here in the US, I think most would be entertained by the thought of him in a cancerous uterus. I mean seriously, I dont know a white person who supports him. (You are English, right?)

@themaninblack

does England like Obama? Because over here in the US, I think most would be entertained by the thought of him in a cancerous uterus. I mean seriously, I dont know a white person who supports him. (You are English, right?)

He is certainly more popular than Bush ever was.

But then we in the United Kingdom don't see providing health care to our population as particularly evil.

• Like 1

@themaninblack

EST, just for the record, I am white, English, living in the U.S. and I support Obama and the healthcare issue.

He is certainly more popular than Bush ever was.

But then we in the United Kingdom don't see providing health care to our population as particularly evil.

It seems to me, (this is an observation by an Englishman living in the U.S.) that the only ones who don't like Obama are Replublicans who throw their toys out of the pram because their candidate didn't win and are therefore opposed to anything Obama wants to pass through either house.

I think the irony would be more applicable if one who was most opposed to health care reform being affected by a family member who falls seriously / terminally ill and then gets dropped by their healthcare insurance company.

You can probably guarentee that if a republican government follows this one, they will run it into the ground in the same manner that Thatcher did in the early 80s. Just so that they can turn around and say 'see! it doesn't work".

@Madame Defargenot

I wasnt referring to the time that he was born.

@themaninblack

The only cancer in America is Republicanism...

I mean .. you don't know a white person who supports him? Where do you live son? A liberal forum like this would strongly assume that a young person like you would be in favour of Barack Obama. ..