Saint Peter

Barack Obama

How Many Months  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

does England like Obama? Because over here in the US, I think most would be entertained by the thought of him in a cancerous uterus. I mean seriously, I dont know a white person who supports him. (You are English, right?)

I mean .. you don't know a white person who supports him? Where do you live son? A liberal forum like this would strongly assume that a young person like you would be in favour of Barack Obama. ..

Im in highschool - one with very few black people (all pro-Obama by the way.) Its also a catholic school. Thats a factor. There is ONE white person Ive heard of, but never talked to, who supports Obama. He's a junior. I remember he was so quick to leave a status on facebook bashing Glenn Beck for some little speech mistake he made. It just seems that he blindly follows the media, and has no reasoning.

And speaking of bashing... I got a warning from honez about my original Obama comment. He said that this forum doesnt tolerate political-motivated hatred. But, Ive read several posts that bash Margaret Thatcher. I think I remember reading one that said "I'll be first in line to piss on her grave". Why is my comment "intolerable"? Because he's in office?

does England like Obama? Because over here in the US, I think most would be entertained by the thought of him in a cancerous uterus. I mean seriously, I dont know a white person who supports him. (You are English, right?)

I mean .. you don't know a white person who supports him? Where do you live son? A liberal forum like this would strongly assume that a young person like you would be in favour of Barack Obama. ..

Im in highschool - one with very few black people (all pro-Obama by the way.) Its also a catholic school. Thats a factor. There is ONE white person Ive heard of, but never talked to, who supports Obama. He's a junior. I remember he was so quick to leave a status on facebook bashing Glenn Beck for some little speech mistake he made. It just seems that he blindly follows the media, and has no reasoning.

And speaking of bashing... I got a warning from honez about my original Obama comment. He said that this forum doesnt tolerate political-motivated hatred. But, Ive read several posts that bash Margaret Thatcher. I think I remember reading one that said "I'll be first in line to piss on her grave". Why is my comment "intolerable"? Because he's in office?

Or because you're a troll and/or a malignant narcissist masturbating all over your keyboard everytime someone replies.kleenexko1.jpgtrollnichtfuetterngruen.png

Alright son, I want you to listen very very closely. I have my Clint Eastwood voice on so you better listen well. I'm not going to be joining in on the hate parade coming your way so .. ughhh.

Environment influences judgment. Do you what that means? I'll repeat it once more, because you weren't listening. Environment influences judgment.

A Catholic school, huh? All those white Catholic kids wanted their heroic granddad to run the country with Mrs. small town moose burger over there. Mrs wink wink who never had the talk with that daughter of hers. Now I don't know what kinda hickery dickery town you come from, son. To be perfectly honest, I don't give a flying fuck. All that big game huntin' and ughhh. I have a headache.

Now you can either join the club and rock out with all those brain washed Catholic kids who think Obama is some kind of radical Halibut out for blood, or you can think for yourself ... and I'm not gonna decide for you.

And by the way, maybe you should read some of those Margaret Thatcher quotes before you become her little pet. You'll wonder too .. ohhh yeah.

Blah, blah, .....racist rant, whine etc..

Alright son, I want you to listen very very closely. I have my Clint Eastwood voice on so you better listen well. I'm not going to be joining in on the hate parade coming your way so .. ughhh.

Environment influences judgment. Do you what that means? I'll repeat it once more, because you weren't listening. Environment influences judgment. ................................................................................

Now you can either join the club and rock out with all those brain washed Catholic kids who think Obama is some kind of radical Halibut out for blood, or you can think for yourself ... and I'm not gonna decide for you.

And by the way, maybe you should read some of those Margaret Thatcher quotes before you become her little pet. You'll wonder too .. ohhh yeah.

^^

QFT

BUT THINK OF THE KITTENS

godkillskittentroll.jpg

At the end of Obama's time in office, what are the bets that we will look back this, on our over the top defence of him, with shame? :lol:

Well, he basically won the election based on the crumbling state of the economy and because the Republicans made a shambles out of their campaign with the McCain/Palin fiasco.

So I think it depends on if he can get elected for a second term because it's unlikely he'll be able to turn things around in just four years. If the economy hasn't improved significantly at the end of 2 terms, then people are going to be very disappointed.

'Shame' would be a word to describe my feelings if he did something on the Watergate level.

'Shame' would be a word to describe my feelings if he did something on the Watergate level.

I'm just saying that all politicians have a tendency to disappoint. Look at Blair - he was the dogs bollocks in 1997 but when he left office in 2007 9/10 Britons hated him.

I happen to think that Obama is doing a good job at the minute. I also think it is wrong to say he swept to power due to a faltering economy. We have just spoken of disgrace. George W. Bush disgraced the Republican Party - even by their usual standards.

I can assure you that Maggie Thatcher bashing is based largely on the way she decimated whole communities. They are not politically or racially motivated hate speech parroting right-wing propaganda. They are comments based on years of hardship, unemployment and social & infrastructure destruction as a direct consequence of her policies.

For a high school kid to compare right-wing dislike and mistrust of a recently elected President to the huge, very real and devastating historical impact Thatcher had on Britain highlights your total lack of comprehension of what you are talking about.

If Obama's policies financially and socially devastate something like 40 of the 50 US states, run down infrastructure everywhere, ensure that cities like Chicago, Detroit, Austin, etc. have 40-50% unemployment, destroy the manufacturing capability of the country, take the USA a huge number of pegs down in the world economy and influence, if there are riots in the streets, strikes, mass unemployment -- then maybe, just maybe, your comment might be justified.

That, son, is why there is somewhat of a difference between a throwaway racial/political hate comment like yours, and the genuine disgust of a large portion of the British population.

Windsor, I just saw 'The Queen' with Helen Mirren last night, and Tony Blair was portrayed as being this Golden Boy who could do no wrong, all shiny and bright. Then the Queen tells him to enjoy his popularity with the people while he can because it won't last. Of course that was before he became our president's pet poodle.

The last administration set the bar so low that I don't see Obama ever being hated by the world as much as George Bush was.

And I would like to believe that the election was a moral victory but if people had really believed in change, why are they so resistant to it now? That's why I think it was because Mr. Middle Class Average Guy had finally begun to feel the pinch of the recession. (Anyhow that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol: )

Politicians are always seen as failures because despite the public's outward cynicism, we expect too much from them.

Cynicsim is optimism in different clothes...

George W. Bush disgraced the Republican Party - even by their usual standards.

George W. Bush was a disgrace to humanity, to politics and to whatever university he allegedly attended, but he was a credit to the Republican party.

He was highly adept at doing all the stupid things Republicans like.

He may or may not have been a disgraceful president depending on whether Adam Smith was being cynical or not when he said that governments exist to protect rich people from poor people.

Obama is a disgrace as a president. He campaigned against off shore oil drilling and now is for it even though he got some votes because he said he was opposed to it.

Obama is a disgrace as a president. He campaigned against off shore oil drilling and now is for it even though he got some votes because he said he was opposed to it.

Well, I'm sure Obama will make many more mistakes - he's not the messiah! (He's a very naughty boy!)

I agree: pleasing the oil industry is about the same as selling your soul to satan, but the political reality might make it necessary. If Obama is not to make his health care reform a Pyrrhic victory, he'll have to give in to the republicans every now and then. There's many Americans like the racist highschool beau earlier on in this thread, who'd love to see Obama fail just because they don't want a charismatic young black politician to be right. Let's hope the reforms will turn out fruitful before his first term ends.

I won't vote in the poll because not for a moment do I believe that illiterate rightwing hatemongers will succeed in beating the optimism and compassion that Obama represents.

Banshee, you have done what I thought was impossible - you have written a post I agree with. Environment does, indeed, breed judgment, and frequently more.

EST, I am a white, natural born American citizen from Texas and I support Obama. My husband is also a white, natural born American citizen who supports Obama. My mother is a white, natural born American citizen who was educated in the Catholic church for 16 years (through college at an all female university) who support Obama even more strongly than my husband does (which is pretty rabidly). Both my sons are white, natural born...but you get the drift.

Oh well. A promise means nothing anymore.

promised to leave the country if Health Reform passed, and ..... he's still here! scoidk.gif

George W. Bush disgraced the Republican Party - even by their usual standards.

George W. Bush was a disgrace to humanity, to politics and to whatever university he allegedly attended, but he was a credit to the Republican party.

Yale.

I'd say he's right to point out that "this kind of violence" doesn't happen in other developed countries. But, somewhere down south, KKK member or not, there's a white guy who heard those comments yesterday and thought: "that N-word talks too much." And, I'm wondering if the final months of this presidency might just bring the man back onto our radar. Not something that would make me feel better about my life, frankly. What do our readers think?

Screen-Shot-2015-06-18-at-12.23.02-PM.jp

I'd say he's right to point out that "this kind of violence" doesn't happen in other developed countries. But, somewhere down south, KKK member or not, there's a white guy who heard those comments yesterday and thought: "that N-word talks too much." And, I'm wondering if the final months of this presidency might just bring the man back onto our radar. Not something that would make me feel better about my life, frankly. What do our readers think?

Screen-Shot-2015-06-18-at-12.23.02-PM.jp

I'm thinking 'that's an unfortunate time to screen-grab'.

• Like 3

tbh if nobody in the US has managed to get a clean shot on Barry or his predecessor considering the rage both of them inspire in 50% of the US populace, I think we're probably never going to see an American assassination ever again.

• Like 1

It would have to be some kind of sabotage, although his Secret Service seems incompetent enough. But I think someone would have to give the assassin access. But he's a duck getting lamer by the day, so why risk it?

Are any of the democratic candidates black because the campaign trail would be the opportunity "to send a message".

That was the reason Colin Powell didn't seek the Republican nomination.

I doubt he'd be assinated at all too much of a people pleaser and isn't taking chances like Lincoln and JFK were