Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Iain Cuthbertson

Anybody heard how he is health-wise? Born in 1930 he's getting on a bit now.

Ah, Iain Cuthbertson, a fine underrated tv actor.

No news in the Glasgow press about him lately, so I'd assume that's good news. (They were quite vocal about Russel Hunter's ill health for example).

Also, having been in Doctor Who fandom and in episodes of The Children of the Stones and Doctor Who itself, there's no major news stories on his health coming up there.

So if there was any news or updates on his health we'd know about it - the Glasgow fandom would have found out, or the RCT, or the DWF. As it is, he seems to be doing ok.

Although it says otherwise, Im sure he is dead?

I could have sworn that he had died several years ago.

The last time I heard about him was when he was reprising his "Charles Endell" role in a, years later, spin off of the TV series Budgie.

It was cancelled after one or two episodes because, IIRC, he had suffered a Heart attack.

If he had a dodgy ticker 20 odd years ago, id be suprised if it was still ticking now...

Who?

Iain Cuthbertson.

Tall Scottish actor, best known for playing Charlie Endell (a sort of Scots proto-Arthur Daley character) in LWT's 1971 series 'Budgie'.

Also recognisable as the wrongly accused father in 'The Railway Children' (1970)

Who?

Iain Cuthbertson.

Tall Scottish actor, best known for playing Charlie Endell (a sort of Scots proto-Arthur Daley character) in LWT's 1971 series 'Budgie'.

Also recognisable as the wrongly accused father in 'The Railway Children' (1970)

ooh...yeah...forgot he was in The Railway Children !

But its the character he played in Budgie that we all remember.....Surely EVERYONE can do a Charlie Endell impersonation ? I know I can....but I haven't for about 30 odd years !

Although it says otherwise, Im sure he is dead?

I could have sworn that he had died several years ago.

The last time I heard about him was when he was reprising his "Charles Endell" role in a, years later, spin off of the TV series Budgie.

It was cancelled after one or two episodes because, IIRC, he had suffered a Heart attack.

If he had a dodgy ticker 20 odd years ago, id be suprised if it was still ticking now...

Well he was alive in 2006 - some of the DWFers saw him in a play then. And a few of them are members of Equity so if Cuthbertson died they'd hear about it in the monthly newsletter!

And who could forget "Sutherland's Law" - most of you obviously! That's what I most remember him for.

I too must admit I would have assumed him to be long gone, given that it's been so long since I've seen him in anything new. However, IMDB has his most recent appearance as the ghost in a 2003 version of "Hamlet".