weatherman90

Nancy Reagan

True! They were quite cool. Reagan tried to Openly talk about UFOs and the alien presence on Earth. Nancy was open to astrology and other alternative ways of looking at things.

That's one of those 'tomahto/tomayto' things. You call it cool, I call it daft.

regards,

Hein

• Like 5

Ron and Nancy were both actors and involved in Hollywood all their life. For example, Roland Reagan was even the roastee at a Dean Martin Roast while Governor of California.

Which is why I think they were cool as people. Not as politicians, though. If their fate depended on politics only, they'd probably trickle down to hell.

Ron and Nancy were both actors and involved in Hollywood all their life. For example, Roland Reagan was even the roastee at a Dean Martin Roast while Governor of California.

Which is why I think they were cool as people. Not as politicians, though. If their fate depended on politics only, they'd probably trickle down to hell.

Is Roland his brother? Probably not very cool if he was roasted.

Guest Guest

Nancy Reagan has now surpassed both the lifespan of her husband Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford, the latter milestone means she is now the third former first lady to have lived longer than any former President after Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson.

Also according to my calculations Ronald and Nancy Reagan are now the longest lived Presidential couple having recently surpassed the record held by Gerald and Betty Ford.

Gerald Ford 34,133 days+ Betty Ford 34,059 days=68,192 days

Ronald Reagan 34,088 days + Nancy Reagan 34,140 (still living and thus still counting)=68,228 as of December 25, 2014

I also looked up what the record is for First Lady longevity beyond the birth of her Presidential husband. Ronald Reagan would have been 103 years old today and Nancy Reagan is still alive. Edith Bolling Galt Wilson died on what would have been her husband Woodrow Wilson's 105th birthday and Frances Folsom Cleveland died when her husband Grover Cleveland would have been 110 years old. So that record is actually further away than I thought, Nancy Reagan would have to live to be 100 years old herself to best that one.

I think she'll last another 5 years or so

5 years - thanks - but that's just your view. Many peg out at a moments notice...

She won't last another 5 years.

Guest Guest

5 years - thanks - but that's just your view. Many peg out at a moments notice...

She won't last another 5 years.

Please remember her mother lived to 99 !

Guest awesome guest

How long do you all think she has left

Guest Guest

5 years

I reckon she will go in a few months.I will go for November 12th.

What's with all the sweepstakes the past few weeks?

I guess I'll go for September 1, 2015.

Guest awesome guest

BTW her profile is listing her as dead even though she clearly isn't

Ronnie is 11 years gone yesterday and Nancy is still alive and did her annual pilgrimage to his grave:

http://twitchy.com/2015/06/05/nancy-reagan-places-flowers-on-her-husbands-gravesite-to-commemorate-the-11th-anniversary-of-his-death-photos/

No good head shot of her but she is in a wheelchair, I wouldn't read much into her presence either way, I would bet it is her intention to be at his graveside for every anniversary either above ground or below lying next to Ronnie.

She will turn 94 on July 6th and aside from these visits is not really seen in public at all, we will have to see if she makes her usual rounds during the 2016 GOP primary cycle. Will they have another GOP Presidential debate at the Reagan library with Nancy in attendance? Will Nancy outlive George HW Bush? Could the deaths of both GHWB and Nancy Reagan before the 2016 GOP nomination create an unprecedented amount of nostalgia for Jeb Bush's Presidential prospects? Think about it, the pundits will say Jeb Bush is more like his father than his brother and the legacy of his father is that he was the immediate successor to Ronald Reagan the mythic GOP patron saint and Nancy's death would remind them of that even more (eerily enough at the bottom of the link to that article is a survey asking me if Jeb Bush should run for President!).

• Like 1

Ronnie is 11 years gone yesterday and Nancy is still alive and did her annual pilgrimage to his grave:

http://twitchy.com/2015/06/05/nancy-reagan-places-flowers-on-her-husbands-gravesite-to-commemorate-the-11th-anniversary-of-his-death-photos/

No good head shot of her but she is in a wheelchair, I wouldn't read much into her presence either way, I would bet it is her intention to be at his graveside for every anniversary either above ground or below lying next to Ronnie.

She will turn 94 on July 6th and aside from these visits is not really seen in public at all, we will have to see if she makes her usual rounds during the 2016 GOP primary cycle. Will they have another GOP Presidential debate at the Reagan library with Nancy in attendance? Will Nancy outlive George HW Bush? Could the deaths of both GHWB and Nancy Reagan before the 2016 GOP nomination create an unprecedented amount of nostalgia for Jeb Bush's Presidential prospects? Think about it, the pundits will say Jeb Bush is more like his father than his brother and the legacy of his father is that he was the immediate successor to Ronald Reagan the mythic GOP patron saint and Nancy's death would remind them of that even more (eerily enough at the bottom of the link to that article is a survey asking me if Jeb Bush should run for President!).

I remeber suggesting that Nancy's death might be a benefit in the run-up to the 2012 presidential election but she keeps hanging in there.

I remeber suggesting that Nancy's death might be a benefit in the run-up to the 2012 presidential election but she keeps hanging in there.

so 2016 then?

Guest Guest

her mother lived to 99 or something so I fully expect her to do the same. in fact I think she'll live to 102 or something like that

her mother lived to 99 or something so I fully expect her to do the same. in fact I think she'll live to 102 or something like that

She looks very thin though and has done for about 3 years so I doubt she will live that long but you never know!

She looks very thin though and has done for about 3 years so I doubt she will live that long but you never know!

Big, fat women always die young, that's why the world is full of 'little old ladies'

• Like 1

Big, fat women always die young, that's why the world is full of 'little old ladies'

I was always fascinated by that concept. Apologies to any Italians but the three female stereotypes of Italians seem entirely contradictory

Beautiful young women with a high sense of fashion, Huge matriarchs and tiny little old ladies.

Nancy's been too frail for too long.

She probably won't live to find out who the next US president will be (*cough* even though it's obviously Hillary *cough*)

She probably won't live to find out who the next US president will be (*cough* even though it's obviously Hillary *cough*)

It could be fall either way, lots of people still have their knickers in a twist over the Benghazi incident.

• Like 1

It could be fall either way, lots of people still have their knickers in a twist over the Benghazi incident.

Funny how you mock Americans who are angry about 4 US citizens being killed by the obvious incompetence/neglect of their "leaders", and then being told to shut up about it with a shitewash senate committee report....

And yet, if four Halibuts had accidentally been served pork-flavoured crisps instead of cheese and onion by a US embassy vending machine in Benghazi in September 2012 the Democrats would probably be basing their entire 2016 campaign on the "outrage" of it.

Funny how you mock Americans who are angry about 4 US citizens being killed by the obvious incompetence/neglect of their "leaders", and then being told to shut up about it with a shitewash senate committee report....

And yet, if four Halibuts had accidentally been served pork-flavoured crisps instead of cheese and onion by a US embassy vending machine in Benghazi in September 2012 the Democrats would probably be basing their entire 2016 campaign on the "outrage" of it.

Smoky bacon flavour? The smoke obviously provided by the benghazi rioters .

I mock 'mercans who get upset about it claiming that Hilary and Obama watched it on a live feed who sat back with some popcorn, and say that Hilary killed those 4 who died, yet in the same breath will say that Obama didn't kill bin Laden, and yet they place no blame at George W Bush's door for the September 11th WTC attacks.

And if 4 Halibuts were accidentally served pork-flavoured crisps then it would have fallen under the Democrats jurisdiction so I'm sure people would have found a way to blaim Hilary over that too.

The same people who have their heckles raised about the whole Benghazi thing are the same ones who can't get over the whole Jane Fonda-Vietnam issue.

• Like 1

94 Today :party::birthday: !She is the third former first lady to reach 94 after Bess Truman and Lady Bird Johnson.