Sign in to follow this  
Windsor

Dominick Dunne

Thought I would start a thread on Dominick Dunne as I can't seem to find an existing one.

Dunne is 83 years old and suffering from bladder cancer. He is a writer and investigative journalist.

There was an article published recently where he said that the 2009 Oscars would probably be the last ones he'll see.

It was also a Times source, so it looks like he will get a proper obit when he pops his clogs.

I think there is a possibility that he may last into next year as he is still attending functions. He is, however, on my DDP...

To follow up on the above, Dunne claims that he'll soon be getting back to work after his treatment.

Out of all the people I decided not to pick, it would be nice if more than just Seve survived the year. <_<

His DL Deadline writes itself.

Unless first he happens to be convicted of some concealed crime just as he dies, in which case the deadline might be Dominick Undunne. I know, but I'm bored.

Unless first he happens to be convicted of some concealed crime just as he dies, in which case the deadline might be Dominick Undunne. I know, but I'm bored.

And if his crime is uncovered just before he takes his last flight, which then crashes in flames, the deadline could be: "Dominick flies Undunne."

Dominick Dunne isn't done battling. His son describes him as both upbeat and positive, and he is also seeing Farrah Fawcett's doctor in Germany.

That seems to have done wonders for Farrah.

Haha - excellent. Two in one day again!

Thats cheered me up...

Well done to Meet Your Maker AKA Football Fan, who has scored three DDP hits in one day; Kennedy, Al-Hakin and Dunne. 2.gif

Well done to Meet Your Maker AKA Football Fan, who has scored three DDP hits in one day; Kennedy, Al-Hakin and Dunne. 2.gif

Indeed. Congratulations. <_<

:P

Indeed. Congratulations. <_<

:P

Yes, he seems to be right back in the hunt...

Weirdly, I was just doing a bit of research and came across Dominick Dunne a few minutes ago, only to be told he's just died!

Thats cheered me up...

Not quite two in one day, Kennedy died on the 25th and Dunne died today.

But still good going

Thats cheered me up...

But still good going

Ok ok...two in 24 hours...

Three for ff...

Thats cheered me up...

But still good going

Three for ff...

Well I had both on my family dead pool. If Dunne had gone sooner or Kennedy had hung on another day, I would have picked up a bonus point

Thats cheered me up...

But still good going

Three for ff...

Well I had both on my family dead pool. If Dunne had gone sooner or Kennedy had hung on another day, I would have picked up a bonus point

My head is spinning. Three hits in 29 hours. I was under the impression Dunne initially was not interested in having treatment, then later turning up in Germany looking for some new treatment plan. I slipped him down from the top ten on my list till he was in position about 200th out of about 950 and then he curls up his toes and dies!

My 7th RDP hit.

I think picking Pete Burns was very wide of the mark. What were you thinking? 98% chance you can't get 10 out of 10. Atkins and Swayze are good even way bets to get both of us to 9 out 10. I'm sure Starch on 8/10 is looking at his choice of Norman Wisdom with growing treapidation too. I may have three more to get too, but I'd sooner have Ariel Sharon on the team, even after three years of unresponsive coma.

Good thing the DDP doesn't have relegation as I'd be peering over the trapdoor after a miserable state of affairs all summer... <_<

Well done to everyone who picked the three - Impaled on the Antlers I think is now 2nd?

If all goes well - I will try & do the update tonight, otherwise it will be at the weekend. Normally, I'd wait but three big uns probably deserve a quicker update.

BBC Obit for Dominick Dunne.

BBC Obit for Dominick Dunne.

Well I never knew till now: His son is Griffin Dunne, who starred in Martin Scorsese's underrated 'After Hours' (1985)...

My 7th RDP hit.

I think picking Pete Burns was very wide of the mark. What were you thinking? 98% chance you can't get 10 out of 10. Atkins and Swayze are good even way bets to get both of us to 9 out 10. I'm sure Starch on 8/10 is looking at his choice of Norman Wisdom with growing treapidation too. I may have three more to get too, but I'd sooner have Ariel Sharon on the team, even after three years of unresponsive coma.

Yeah, that was a poor decision on my part. <_< But ah well.

Good thing the DDP doesn't have relegation as I'd be peering over the trapdoor after a miserable state of affairs all summer... <_<

Well done to everyone who picked the three - Impaled on the Antlers I think is now 2nd?

If all goes well - I will try & do the update tonight, otherwise it will be at the weekend. Normally, I'd wait but three big uns probably deserve a quicker update.

Yep, thanks for noticing Mr. O. :P DD & Teddy push me up to 2nd and only one point off the top... but that's reached my high tide mark, I think.

My remaining picks are all either very popular choices or relatively healthy (or both). Unless (e.g.) Maggie suddenly carks or Melissa Bell* steps under a bus, I'm goes to start plummeting down the rankings as soon as Swayze & Biggs keel over.

* [Jeez. Melissa Bell? What was I thinking? Should I pick Jade Goody or Patrick Swayze - who had real, diagnosed illnesses? Nooo, let's pick someone who's just "a bit unwell". *slaps head*]