Al Molinaro

95 Today !

WHO IS THIS GUY?

THIS GUY SUCKS NOW

NEVERH EARD OF HIMMMMMMMMMM

WHO IS THIS GUY?

THIS GUY SUCKS NOW

Yeah well rest eternally knowing he ain't ever heard of you either!

Al Molinaro was a decent actor. No, make that an adequate actor. No, make that a gifted actor. He retired from the stage a few years ago, stopped doing television, movies and plays in his early 70s.

There'll never be another Al Molinaro (except for people given that name at birth I suppose).

Remember him always from his time as Murray The Cop on the Odd Couple (New Years Day marathon of the show on a local channel here :) followed then after by a run as Al on the long running series Happy Days (which had its pilot done on the show Love American Style...although there was no Al in that episode)

Must say I am hoping sincerely that he can hang on until at least 2020. Something interestingly charming while at the same time occasionally frightening about a man once he makes it past 100.

For old times sake (and because I enjoy employing the multi-quote feature) I've reposted below the post I made earlier about Al,

After seeing how badly Erin Moran (Joanie Cupckae Cunninghamm) aged, maybe Molinaro was smarter than most......20 some thing years makes people look OLD.

Forgot to mention before, back in the summer of 1979 I saw a man who looked like Molinaro on the subway train one night. Ity was the shuttle train that ran from Times Square to Grand Central. He looked forlorn and sad just like on the show....don't know if it was him but it looked like him even had that huge nose. Remember how on The Odd Couple Felix or Oscar would open the latch over the peephole and Murray the cop (Molinaros cahracter on the show) would put his nose through? Loved the Odd Couple, wonder why it went off the air.

Still wonder why the Odd Couple was sent off into the land of former programs. It could have held on at least another decade or two.

WHO IS THIS GUY?

THIS GUY SUCKS NOW

I think Al is a good pick 95 fat and looking frail in that recent pick of him and more obitable than some of the hits last year!

I think Al is a good pick 95 fat and looking frail in that recent pick of him and more obitable than some of the hits last year!

Hell yeah, which is surely the point. He's famous enough to count for the qualifying obit of every dead pool going - even RDP which presumes to have its own list of notable people and restrict the picks to them - recognises Al Molinaro. A bit like Mary Wilson (PM's widow) he's simply lasted so long that only people approaching middle age and beyond can remember him doing anything high profile.

Hell yeah, which is surely the point. He's famous enough to count for the qualifying obit of every dead pool going - even RDP which presumes to have its own list of notable people and restrict the picks to them - recognises Al Molinaro. A bit like Mary Wilson (PM's widow) he's simply lasted so long that only people approaching middle age and beyond can remember him doing anything high profile.

I did hear that Mary Wilson had a visit to the Parliament buildings last year, in which many old Lords and journalists claimed that even in her advanced 90s, she was still able to terrify people with a single glare!

• Like 1

Another "recent" photo of him (from a few months ago)

looking a little more spritely here than the previous image (by which I mean he's standing and smiling)

He looks frail but for a man who is almost 96 he is doing remarkably well wouldn't be surprised if he lived to be 100 which is remarkable considering he has always being a big bloke and fat people don't tend to live to a grand old age.

• Like 1

96 today :birthday::birthday2::birthday2: :birthday2: :birthday2::party:

• Like 1

looking a little more spritely here than the previous image (by which I mean he's standing and smiling)

Reasons to doubt it’s the REAL Al Molinaro...

1. The person in the picture is wearing glasses. As far as I’m concerned, Al Molinaro never wore any glasses.
  2. Look at the environment in which the photo is taken in. Hardly the type place that one would expect from an retired, experienced Hollywood actor with considerable wealth. Stars prefer luxurious surroundings, regardless of their age!
  3. It’s quite hard for a heavy guy to stand up at age 96. The previous hoax photo was more realistic in that aspect. The person in this image is obviously a younger man, i.e. Giovanni, 76.
  4. Normally, when you upload pictures of yourselves online, you don’t put fancy photo frames around them like Scott did here. What exactly is the frame trying to cover up from the original picture? Hmm.

1. The person in the picture is wearing glasses. As far as I’m concerned, Al Molinaro never wore any glasses.
  2. Look at the environment in which the photo is taken in. Hardly the type place that one would expect from an retired, experienced Hollywood actor with considerable wealth. Stars prefer luxurious surroundings, regardless of their age!
  3. It’s quite hard for a heavy guy to stand up at age 96. The previous hoax photo was more realistic in that aspect. The person in this image is obviously a younger man, i.e. Giovanni, 76.
  4. Normally, when you upload pictures of yourselves online, you don’t put fancy photo frames around them like Scott did here. What exactly is the frame trying to cover up from the original picture? Hmm.

Hmm, Scott Baio... can the recently diagnosed brain cancer of his wife be worked into the story somehow?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/scott-baios-wife-renee-diagnosed-with-brain-tumor-2015186

If there is a clue there then it will be in determining whether Scott Baio in 2015 looks like the Scott Baio in that picture and, from what ive seen, he does. Where the pic was taken isn't relevant, they could be at the opening to something or anything, Al Molinaro is a successful businessman in his own right but it doesn't mean that he will necessarily flaunt his wealth.

The frame around the pic could have been added by a third party and proves nowt.

So it could be Al in 2015..................or it could be 1998 or summat.

If there is a clue there then it will be in determining whether Scott Baio in 2015 looks like the Scott Baio in that picture and, from what ive seen, he does. Where the pic was taken isn't relevant, they could be at the opening to something or anything, Al Molinaro is a successful businessman in his own right but it doesn't mean that he will necessarily flaunt his wealth.

The frame around the pic could have been added by a third party and proves nowt.

So it could be Al in 2015..................or it could be 1998 or summat.

Those were my thoughts exactly. I've had a look through Scott Baio's twitter feed and it was posted as a TBT, which means 'throwback Thursday'. This certainly indicates that the photo is indeed an old one.

The picture is obviously a few years old. Looks like year 2000 or some shit.

It's Al, ya nut. All 250 irrelevant pounds of him!

Hell yeah, on the basis that no other human being so readily combined sharp features and general corpulence, I concur with the good Dr Zorders.

Hell yeah, on the basis that no other human being so readily combined sharp features and general corpulence, I concur with the good Dr Zorders.

It's good luck for him he was born in Wisconsin cos if he'd been in Europe with that nose when he was 20...... y'know. Sheesh.

It's good luck for him he was born in Wisconsin cos if he'd been in Europe with that nose when he was 20...... y'know. Sheesh.

Please don't disrespect the deceased...

• Like 1

Please don't disrespect the deceased...
I tried to dig up the Internet for information on Al Molinaro's religion, but couldn't find anything that would prove that he is a Jew (well, besides his nose and the fact that he played a Jewish cop on The Odd Couple).

But one thing is for certain: his parents emigrated from Italy. So it'd be interesting to ask, what would have happened to poor Al if he had born in Italy to Jewish parents. Benito Mussolini, the Duce was Hitler's main European ally during WW2 and they did discriminate against Jews and put them into concentration camps. But it was also a religious country with a Pope that condemned anti-semitism, so til 1943 they stopped short of exterminating them or sending them to death camps (like the Germans did in the areas under their control). This only changed after the coup against Mussolini when the Germans had to invade northern Italy to prevent them from switching sides. But they didn't have enough time to finish the job and the majority of Italian Jews survived the Holocaust. And Al Murray's ancestors came from Calabria (southern Italy) that was occupied by the Allied forces before the coup, so he could have had even better chances than most other Italian Jews...

• The person in the picture is wearing glasses. As far as I’m concerned, Al Molinaro never wore any glasses.
  • Look at the environment in which the photo is taken in. Hardly the type place that one would expect from an retired, experienced Hollywood actor with considerable wealth. Stars prefer luxurious surroundings, regardless of their age!
  • It’s quite hard for a heavy guy to stand up at age 96. The previous hoax photo was more realistic in that aspect. The person in this image is obviously a younger man, i.e. Giovanni, 76.
  • Normally, when you upload pictures of yourselves online, you don’t put fancy photo frames around them like Scott did here. What exactly is the frame trying to cover up from the original picture? Hmm.
Hmm, Scott Baio... can the recently diagnosed brain cancer of his wife be worked into the story somehow?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/scott-baios-wife-renee-diagnosed-with-brain-tumor-2015186

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Happy Days was axed decades ago

Is he dead yet?

no

Is he dead yet?

no
*facepalm*

Is he dead yet?

no
*facepalm*

No really, he's alive. ;)

If you guys are rooting for someone to die, why not just go for the evil guys (Mugabe, Castro), or at least those who are terminal or just zombies anyways (like Crowe or Gabor)?

Is he dead yet?

no
*facepalm*

No really, he's alive. ;)

If you guys are rooting for someone to die, why not just go for the evil guys (Mugabe, Castro), or at least those who are terminal or just zombies anyways (like Crowe or Gabor)?

Who's 'rooting' for him to die?