The Miser

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

I've picked her for my first and only DDP team. A big mistake. I should have picked Bernard Tapie whose cancer has spread. (However, he is my pick in AO DP)

10 hours ago, deadsox said:

The phrase "cancer free" has come back so many times to bite so many people that I really wonder why people still use it.

Yep-I've seen this with a few people on the list on previous years where the celebrity says they are "cancer free" and then end up becoming a hit before the year has ended.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2020 at 09:13, Deathtreat23 said:

Yep-I've seen this with a few people on the list on previous years where the celebrity says they are "cancer free" and then end up becoming a hit before the year has ended.

You can have a recurrence of your cancer as late as 45 years after it was first diagnosed - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30730329 , and probably even later.

The only way you can really be declared 'cancer free' is if they were able to look at every cell within your body under a microscope... probably at autopsy.  And even then, a significant proportion of (otherwise 'healthy') people have microscopic occult cancer that was never diagnosed during their lifetime at autopsy.  No evidence of disease is not the same as having no disease.

• Like 2

On 09/01/2020 at 12:28, Nurse Rached said:

Pancreatic cancer has a 5% success rate.

It depends what you define as 'success'.  Merely being alive, even if your body is still riddled with cancer, at 5 years is deemed 'surviving' it.

I found a study a while back, which looked at the 20 year survival rate for various cancers, and pancreatic cancer only had a 0.8% 20 year-survival (the lowest of any site).  So of that 5% who 'survive' 5-years, about 80% of them will still die from it within the next 15 years anyway.  It's a killer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, natquen said:

It depends what you define as 'success'.  Merely being alive, even if your body is still riddled with cancer, at 5 years is deemed 'surviving' it.

I found a study a while back, which looked at the 20 year survival rate for various cancers, and pancreatic cancer only had a 0.8% 20 year-survival (the lowest of any site).  So of that 5% who 'survive' 5-years, about 80% of them will still die from it within the next 15 years anyway.  It's a killer.

Who says that all of that 80% are dying of pancreatic cancer? Those who had operable tumours etc might very well die of something else in the space of 15 years. For instance, age alone makes RBG unlikely to live that long, regardless of cancer status.

No argument here that it's a killer, however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Who says that all of that 80% are dying of pancreatic cancer? Those who had operable tumours etc might very well die of something else in the space of 15 years. For instance, age alone makes RBG unlikely to live that long, regardless of cancer status. 

No argument here that it's a killer, however.

Yes, especially if you consider that 70% of all people with Pancreatic Cancer are over 65.

On 24/01/2020 at 04:04, paddyfool said:

I'm pretty sure this study reported disease-specific survival.

Having 'operable' pancreatic cancer does not, in itself, make it a curable disease for patients with operable disease.  Most of them will still die from it, eventually; just, they'll be likely to stay alive with it for longer than those with inoperable disease.

Dear Coronavirus,

Stay the fuck away from the Notorious RBG.

From, 

95% of Americans

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DeathClock said:

Dear Coronavirus,

Stay the fuck away from the Notorious RBG.

From, 

95% of Americans

I just realized that the implication is not wanting her to die not just supporting her. You’re right my bad

On 21/02/2020 at 20:50, TheKing said:

I hope she dies soon. 

A physically fit tiny Ashkenazi Jewish woman like RBG will probably live long enough to see President PewDiePie or Willow Smith

• Haha 2

I always have a heart attack whenever I see someone post on this thread or tweet her name. Please God don't let Donald Trump appoint another Supreme Court Justice ! :facepalm:

• Like 1

On 12/03/2020 at 12:15, CoffinLodger said:

I always have a heart attack whenever I see someone post on this thread or tweet her name. Please God don't let Donald Trump appoint another Supreme Court Justice ! :facepalm:

Don't worry Coffin, it's just her 87th birthday today! :birthday:

• Like 4

Hopefully very soon. I am hoping for sometime this year .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

Panc cancer often affects the gallbladder but she is a medical enigma.

Expected to still be at work via phone link tommrow.

19 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Panc cancer often affects the gallbladder but she is a medical enigma.

Expected to still be at work via phone link tommrow.

Nobody wants to be in hospital during the pandemic though esp a frail 87 year old ...

The disease she has (cholezystitis) can be in fact deadly for frail people, so she might die yet.

6 minutes ago, Jasper de Havilland said:

She looks how is she?

Fine she is now she.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jasper de Havilland said:

She looks how is she?

Cruising for a ban, is you?

• Like 1

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is the one person I do not want to die ! The sight of Donald Trump gloating over being able to pick a far right Supreme court Justice would just be too much for me. It cannot happen ! 

• Angry 1