The Miser

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

On 06/05/2020 at 21:34, roaming_comrade said:

The disease she has (cholezystitis) can be in fact deadly for frail people, so she might die yet.

Lets hope so...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 2

2 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Hospitalised with possible infection.

:cover_ears: Seven months, RBG, just hang on seven months...  :unsure: (God help them if he wins again, though) 

3 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Hospitalised with possible infection.

They are saying she should be in the hospital for “several days”. Honestly I think it is far more likely that she would die of coronavirus than of whatever infection she has. Obviously she is going to be one of the most protected people in the world, but it’s still pretty hard to  prevent the spread of something like covid.

I am not sure I am ready for the chaos that will ensue if she dies before January 2021, especially if Biden wins this November. 

I am praying for her.Please everyone do the same.You cannot die Ruth,Don't give the idiot in chief a chance to replace you.Please just hang on ! :facepalm::unsure:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

She's got to survive - the chaos would be too much.

Do you remember that the Republicans blocked Obama's replacement for Antonin Scalia, Merrick Garland, with the reason that presidents don't get to pick Supreme Court justices in their final year?

Do you think the republicans will follow that argument with Trump?

I think they won't. And then the issue of court-packing will come up again. It's going to be absolute drama.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I am praying for her.Please everyone do the same.You cannot die Ruth,Don't give the idiot in chief a chance to replace you.Please just hang on ! :facepalm::unsure:

Yeah that’ll make all the difference, well done silly bollocks.

If she did die, there probably wouldn’t be enough time for Trump to appoint a new justice.

Anyway, who cares? Why are there Brits on here getting their knickers in a twist about the political composition of a court in a foreign country? If that is what keeps you up at night, you must have life too easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

She's got to survive - the chaos would be too much.

Do you remember that the Republicans blocked Obama's replacement for Antonin Scalia, Merrick Garland, with the reason that presidents don't get to pick Supreme Court justices in their final year?

Do you think the republicans will follow that argument with Trump?

I think they won't. And then the issue of court-packing will come up again. It's going to be absolute drama.

The "I think" qualifier is being waaaaay too generous to the GOP.

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If she did die, there probably wouldn’t be enough time for Trump to appoint a new justice.

Anyway, who cares? Why are there Brits on here getting their knickers in a twist about the political composition of a court in a foreign country? If that is what keeps you up at night, you must have life too easy.

Thank you. I've been saying that to people I know who constantly nag about. We're europeans. Why the fuck would we care

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

News just in ...https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-discharged-from-hospital.html

She's done it again ! She's just winding Trump and his supporters up isn't she ! :lol:

Shame... Literally done nothing else but take the anti-Trump stance for the sake of being anti Trump, and fall asleep at work... I get it, Trump has made stupid decisions throughout his presidency, but actually bring something to the table. The constant anti-Trump verbal diarrhoea coming from the left and the MSM is actually WAY less tolerable than Trump himself - turning the west into a laughing stock etc...

This is why I admired Tulsi Gabbard, she actually called Trump out on all the other stuff that people were overlooking instead of the usual 'Trump is waycist' that is constantly being fed to idiots in order to brainwash them into voting Dem when Tulsi had actual change she was willing to bring to the table. Even Bernie Sanders offered real change...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"On May 19, I began a course of chemotherapy (gemcitabine) to treat a recurrence of cancer. A periodic scan in February followed by a biopsy revealed lesions on my liver. My recent hospitalizations to remove gall stones and treat an infection were unrelated to this recurrence.
Immunotherapy first essayed proved unsuccessful. The chemotherapy course, however, is yielding positive results. Satisfied that my treatment course is now clear, I am providing this information.
My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease. I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment. I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine. Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other Court work."

Bet she goes on election day.

So her recent infection could be a consequence of the chemotherapy. So actually, she's doing better now than she did two months ago - but we didn't know back then how badly she was.

But honestly, as soon as the treatment stops working, it's a matter of just a few weeks.

I don't care about the political things. She is fucking overdue!

• Like 1

She’s not making it 365 days, but the real question is will she make it to January?

She is on the list because the committee thought she was a good pick but now people want her to hang on until next year, just not cricket.

• Like 1

Whether people think someone is a good pick and whether people want folk to survive are two completely different things. Don’t equate the two together. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 15/07/2020 at 05:12, Ulitzer95 said:

The math is overwhelmingly in the Democrats favour for November. Biden is crushing Trump and the Democrats look to be taking back the senate through IA, NC, ME, AZ, and MT.

The Republicans know this and you be damn sure that they'll do everything in their power to force a new justice through even on the shortest of notices.

54 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

The math is overwhelmingly in the Democrats favour for November. Biden is crushing Trump and the Democrats look to be taking back the senate through IA, NC, ME, AZ, and MT.

The Republicans know this and you be damn sure that they'll do everything in their power to force a new justice through even on the shortest of notices.

Assuming RBG gives them the chance. 

This is the worst possible news.I am devastated by this to be honest. :(

If the worst does happen is there no way the Democrats can block a new justice till the new Congress and President is elected  like the Repubs did 4 years ago ?

PS I suppose you all know the numerical value of the word 'death' is 38.Could be a bad omen for RBG ! 

2 hours ago, Greenwald said:

If she holds on to January I suspect Merrick Garland will finally get his seat on the bench as her successor.

• Like 1