The Miser

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

40 minutes ago, dodrade said:

If she holds on to January I suspect Merrick Garland will finally get his seat on the bench as her successor.

There would be poetic justice in this, but equally RBG is proper liberal, Garland was purposefully someone who could command bipartisan support, so more middle of the road with liberal leanings, making him more obviously confirmable to highlight how disingenuous the Senate were being. If @Greenwald above is correct (and I haven't looked into the electoral picture in a little while and after 2016 don't really trust it anyway) and the Dems win both the White House and Senate, I can see them picking someone more akin to a 40-year-old RBG than 67-year-old Merrick Garland - why settle for 20-25 years on the court when you could get 50?

• Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 19:28, Nurse Rached said:

Pancreatic cancer has a 5% success rate. I doubt that old bat is cancer free, she’s just buying for time. 
Her death will be this elections October surprise.

Pancreatic and now liver cancer, I think she’s also had 15 other types of cancer.  You’re fired Ruth!

I still stand by my earlier prediction, Dead by October. Senate will fill her vacancy 1 day before the election. 

MAGA!

26 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

There would be poetic justice in this, but equally RBG is proper liberal, Garland was purposefully someone who could command bipartisan support, so more middle of the road with liberal leanings, making him more obviously confirmable to highlight how disingenuous the Senate were being. If @Greenwald above is correct (and I haven't looked into the electoral picture in a little while and after 2016 don't really trust it anyway) and the Dems win both the White House and Senate, I can see them picking someone more akin to a 40-year-old RBG than 67-year-old Merrick Garland - why settle for 20-25 years on the court when you could get 50?

I Agree, Garland was old when Obama selected him. Obama also need to get a justice through a Republican Senate, a liberal had less than zero chance. Look for Democrats to appoint a 32 year old communist if they control the Senate. 

But if you recall Hillary was up 14 points on Trump at this point in 2016. NYT even had Hillary 99.9% chance of winning at 7pm on election night. How did that work out for that murdering bitch? Biden can’t even debate Trump who I admit is high functioning on the spectrum, because Biden might forget what nation he’s for president. Hell by November Biden might think he’s the queen of England. I’m sure Biden team will come up with some lame excuses not to debate trump and if they’re smart they will because Trump will destroy Biden.

Senates another story could easily flip will see.

3 hours ago, Nurse Rached said:

I Agree, Garland was old when Obama selected him. Obama also need to get a justice through a Republican Senate, a liberal had less than zero chance. Look for Democrats to appoint a 32 year old communist if they control the Senate. 

But if you recall Hillary was up 14 points on Trump at this point in 2016. NYT even had Hillary 99.9% chance of winning at 7pm on election night. How did that work out for that murdering bitch? Biden can’t even debate Trump who I admit is high functioning on the spectrum, because Biden might forget what nation he’s for president. Hell by November Biden might think he’s the queen of England. I’m sure Biden team will come up with some lame excuses not to debate trump and if they’re smart they will because Trump will destroy Biden.

Senates another story could easily flip will see.

RCP Average 

July 17th 2016: Clinton + 4.5
July 17th 2020: Biden + 8.6

Highest and Lowest Poll for the Month of July
Clinton: Clinton + 9/Trump + 5
Biden: Biden + 15/Biden + 3

You're statement isn't true and your assumptions won't become reality. Biden is far stronger than Hillary, he's almost definitely going to win in this climate.

Trust me, this thread should be focusing on whether or not RBG can make it to January when Biden is sworn in, that's what matters.

Edited by Greenwald
Accidentally pressed enter too early.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

RCP Average 

You're statement isn't true and your assumptions won't become reality. Biden is far stronger than Hillary, he's almost definitely going to win in this climate.

Trust me, this thread should be focusing on whether or not RBG can make it to January when Biden is sworn in, that's what matters.

If RBG dies before Election Day (or even after that but before the inauguration), in the event of a Biden win, and if the GOP pushes through a conservative Justice to SCOTUS--in light of how they blocked Garland--the Democrats would have no choice but to pack the Court if they control the Senate.  I think McConnell would probably be better served to just keep the 5-4 conservative majority as it is.  Yes, I want Biden to win, but I'm trying to objectively think about what makes the most sense.  McConnell is a lot of things, but he's not a stupid person.  

8 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

If RBG dies before Election Day (or even after that but before the inauguration), in the event of a Biden win, and if the GOP pushes through a conservative Justice to SCOTUS--in light of how they blocked Garland--the Democrats would have no choice but to pack the Court if they control the Senate.  I think McConnell would probably be better served to just keep the 5-4 conservative majority as it is.  Yes, I want Biden to win, but I'm trying to objectively think about what makes the most sense.  McConnell is a lot of things, but he's not a stupid person.  

As much as I'd want them to do so, I don't think a Chuck Schumer controlled Senate would do something so radical.

1 minute ago, Greenwald said:

As much as I'd want them to do so, I don't think a Chuck Schumer controlled Senate would do something so radical.

I disagree.  If the Republicans so blatantly and hypocritically pushed a Justice through like that, you have to respond in kind.  You just have to, assuming you control the chamber.  I also question whether or not Schumer would be the majority leader.  Plenty of Democrats aren't exactly thrilled with his leadership.  Regardless, I think it would happen, I really do.  I could be wrong but that's my feeling.

Sorry, but the democratic party doesn't really have much of a backbone as shown by the minimal opposition to Trump when they held the house. Also Schumer will be leader until he retires/gets primaried. He's a safe choice for dems to get corporate money. 

40 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

RCP Average 

I guess CNN lied, probably not worth sourcing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/06/14/politics/poll-hillary-clinton-leads-donald-trump/index.html

if you want to go full banana republic and add Supreme Court justices be my guest, but just expect the other side to do the same when they get power back. Eventually we can have 1000s of justices.

8 minutes ago, Nurse Rached said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/06/14/politics/poll-hillary-clinton-leads-donald-trump/index.html

if you want to go full banana republic and add Supreme Court justices be my guest, but just expect the other side to do the same when they get power back. Eventually we can have 1000s of justices.

Here’s a poll 68% Hillary 28% Trump probably just more fake news

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll

6 minutes ago, Nurse Rached said:

That poll was from June, not "this time last cycle"

3 minutes ago, Nurse Rached said:

Here’s a poll 68% Hillary 28% Trump probably just more fake news

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_pa_071520/

"The poll also finds that Biden racks up a huge margin in four large counties that went solidly for Hillary Clinton in 2016 (68% to 26%)"

???

This is just 4 counties in PA, not the whole damn country.

One other thing to note is that the factors of this election is very different from 2016. In 2016 Hillary was despised and Trump portrayed himself as the antiestablishment candidate, which when running against someone like Hillary would work. Now, Trump is the establishment, he’s campaigning on social issues rather than the populism that lead to his victory, and he did such an abysmal job on the Covid response. Plus, Joe Biden is not really that hated by most people. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greenwald said:

That poll was from June, not "this time last cycle"

"The poll also finds that Biden racks up a huge margin in four large counties that went solidly for Hillary Clinton in 2016 (68% to 26%)"

???

This is just 4 counties in PA, not the whole damn country.

Hillary august poll 10% Must be that she dipped 6 points in July while she was busy bleaching Government hard drives and you know l”like smashing them with a hammer?”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/4466391/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-quinnipiac-poll/%3famp=true

Wait until the debates Biden can’t even remember what century he currently in, Tump May be high A functioning Retard, but even he will trash Biden

Just now, Nurse Rached said:

Hillary august poll 10% Must be that she dipped 6 points in July while she was busy bleaching Government hard drives and you know l”like smashing them with a hammer?”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/4466391/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-quinnipiac-poll/%3famp=true

Wait until the debates Biden can’t even remember what century he currently in, Tump May be high A functioning Retard, but even he will trash Biden

August isn't this time last year. Outliers also exist. 

Stop moving the goal posts, it's past your bed time.

• Like 1

Don't worry.Trump is toast.He will almost certainly say something offensive about the late great John Lewis on or before the day of his (state?) funeral  and ensure 99% of black people register to vote Biden.Trump is in a big deep hole and he just keeps on digging, day after day after day. It's probably allready too late to dig himself back o ut of the hole even if he wanted to which he doesn't because he thinks he'll be able to rig the election and win that way .  I can confirm that Joe Biden will win the biggest landslide in American history ! I have never been more confident  of a prediction in my entire life!

I now refer to Joe Biden as President elect Biden, I'm that certain of it!  Put all your life savings on it ! 

PS sorry this post is totally off topic but was just responding to the previous posts in the thread. I dare say one of the mods can feel free to move us all to the Donald Trump thread or something ! 

4 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

I now refer to Joe Biden as President elect Biden, I'm that certain of it!  Put all your life savings on it ! 

As certain as you were about Prince Philip being airlifted to hospital via helicopter the other week?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Don't worry. Trump is toast.

How dare you.  :bat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I'm afraid I have some very bad news for those hoping and praying she will survive much longer.The CNN top medical expert has said she is effectively dying. She is getting palliative care rather than curative care.That essentially  means treating the symptoms of her cancer.It can no longer be cured. So she is going to die of this cancer.The only question is how l ong it will be. I hope and pray she will last another 6 months, but it looks as if it will be very difficult for her.I am sorry I don't have better news. :(

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I'm afraid I have some very bad news for those hoping and praying she will survive much longer.The CNN top medical expert has said she is effectively dying. She is getting palliative care rather than curative care.That essentially  means treating the symptoms of her cancer.It can no longer be cured. So she is going to die of this cancer.The only question is how l ong it will be. I hope and pray she will last another 6 months, but it looks as if it will be very difficult for her.I am sorry I don't have better news. :(

She's very old & had a fulfilled life. No reason to wail because of her.

Trump can nominate whoever he wants, but time is running short & the Democrats will delay the procedure, if necessary.

Besides, Trump's judges did not exactly vote the way he hoped they would. So Democrats have no reason to tear their hair out.

36 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

She is getting palliative care rather than curative care.  That essentially  means treating the symptoms of her cancer.  It can no longer be cured.

Wow, thank you, Doctor.  Learn something new every day [/sarcasm]

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Idk, I kinda enjoy watching SJWs tearing their hair out. I mean the presidency isnt gonna get much worse so fuck it, lets get the popcorn and let the national triggering commence when she pops her clogs...

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1