The Miser

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

On 18/07/2020 at 00:20, RoverAndOut said:

There would be poetic justice in this, but equally RBG is proper liberal, Garland was purposefully someone who could command bipartisan support, so more middle of the road with liberal leanings, making him more obviously confirmable to highlight how disingenuous the Senate were being. If @Greenwald above is correct (and I haven't looked into the electoral picture in a little while and after 2016 don't really trust it anyway) and the Dems win both the White House and Senate, I can see them picking someone more akin to a 40-year-old RBG than 67-year-old Merrick Garland - why settle for 20-25 years on the court when you could get 50?

Perhaps, but the Democrats may feel they owe Garland given he wasn't even given the courtesy of a confirmation hearing. 

On 17/07/2020 at 21:28, Greenwald said:

Also June.

Further proving my point that Biden is a strong candidate, while Hillary's lead was deteriorating before July even hit.

A strong candidate hahahaha! The only thing the Democratic Party has done right is kept him from talking. The man is dead silent with dementia.

The man has serious allegations of sexual harassment against him compared to the fake ones made up about Trump.

The man couldn’t even win a primary to save himself and was considered dead until the Democratic Party got so scared of Bernie getting the nomination that they had a bunch of people who were effectively ahead of him pull out. 

Whose watch did the George Floyd fall underneath Amy Klobachur who let his attackers off in a Democratic state.

The Democratic Party is a racist party that runs on promoting fear and mass hysteria in an illusion that they are going to fix something, but design systems meant to keep people down.

No modern day president has had to deal with something like Covid and once things go back to normal you should look at where the country was before that hit lowest unemployment rates in years and great economy. Trump can’t get blamed for the results of Covid.

The man is going to win despite what the media wants you to think

Joe Biden is not America’s choice he is the Democratic Party’s choice in fear of Sanders

Edited by benderdalek
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Oddly I think a SCOTUS vacancy opening up would probably help Trump, to an extent that it's not impossible the GOP would conveniently 'fail' to confirm a nominee. With a Justice on the line the pitch to conservative Christians becomes - hold your nose, vote for me, and Roe v Wade gets overturned. My evidence is that that was the pitch in 2016 too: https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/19/trump-ill-appoint-supreme-court-justices-to-overturn-roe-v-wade-abortion-case.html .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, benderdalek said:

A strong candidate hahahaha! The only thing the Democratic Party has done right is kept him from talking. The man is dead silent with dementia.

The man has serious allegations of sexual harassment against him compared to the fake ones made up about Trump.

The man couldn’t even win a primary to save himself and was considered dead until the Democratic Party got so scared of Bernie getting the nomination that they had a bunch of people who were effectively ahead of him pull out. 

Whose watch did the George Floyd fall underneath Amy Klobachur who let his attackers off in a Democratic state.

The Democratic Party is a racist party that runs on promoting fear and mass hysteria in an illusion that they are going to fix something, but design systems meant to keep people down.

No modern day president has had to deal with something like Covid and once things go back to normal you should look at where the country was before that hit lowest unemployment rates in years and great economy. Trump can’t get blamed for the results of Covid.

Joe Biden is not America’s choice he is the Democratic Party’s choice in fear of Sanders

Fiction can be fun.  

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

Well, John Lewis was supposedly "resting comfortably" and was dead in a week...

Either that, or knowing her she'll probably get discharged within 24 hours.

Apparently the hospitalization was to remove that bile duct stent, so unless she develops further complications in the hospital I wouldn’t worry about it. 

On 17/07/2020 at 18:56, Nurse Rached said:

I Agree, Garland was old when Obama selected him. Obama also need to get a justice through a Republican Senate, a liberal had less than zero chance. Look for Democrats to appoint a 32 year old communist if they control the Senate. 

But if you recall Hillary was up 14 points on Trump at this point in 2016. NYT even had Hillary 99.9% chance of winning at 7pm on election night. How did that work out for that murdering bitch? Biden can’t even debate Trump who I admit is high functioning on the spectrum, because Biden might forget what nation he’s for president. Hell by November Biden might think he’s the queen of England. I’m sure Biden team will come up with some lame excuses not to debate trump and if they’re smart they will because Trump will destroy Biden.

Senates another story could easily flip will see.

Don't kid yourself, that fucking cunt who runs the senate would never have let an Obama-appointed judge through even if it was Kavanaugh. That's their whole playbook. Republicans solely exist to oppose liberal stances. Garland was also considered a center candidate and many liberals opposed his nomination. BTW a fucking communist is better than a drunk rapist on the bench you knob.

Trump was stumped by the easiest of questions by a conservative interviewer. As demented as Biden is, Trump has 0 legs to stand on and almost any response against him suffices. 

On 17/07/2020 at 23:20, Nurse Rached said:

I guess CNN lied, probably not worth sourcing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/06/14/politics/poll-hillary-clinton-leads-donald-trump/index.html

if you want to go full banana republic and add Supreme Court justices be my guest, but just expect the other side to do the same when they get power back. Eventually we can have 1000s of justices.

Do conservatives not understand how poles work? What do polers gain by lying about the poles? 

Also, stfu you partisan hack. "expect the other side to do the same when they get power back", republicans have no room to complain about anything democrats do for the next couple decades after the shit they pulled in the last 4 years. 

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Well, John Lewis was supposedly "resting comfortably" and was dead in a week...

Either that, or knowing her she'll probably get discharged within 24 hours.

She is the perfect deathlist candidate being in and out of hospital and surviving numerous aliments while still working longer than most.

Am I the only one who has a panic attack every time I see someone has posted on this thread ! :unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Am I the only one who has a panic attack every time I see someone has posted on this thread ! :unsure:

Am I the only one who has a panic attack every time I see you’ve posted something somewhere ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Am I the only one who has a panic attack every time I see you’ve posted anything anywhere ?

Awwwww, sets your heart racing whenever he appears :P

I suppose the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg could help the Democrats win the election since it would highlight the danger of Trump to abortion rights etc. with a 6-3 conservative majority on the Supreme Court.Would be a high price to pay just to get Trump out though ! 

1 hour ago, Whitehouse said:

Last time she was discharged from hospital I was happy, but now I feel differentely.I'm worried that her hospitalisations are becoming more and more frequent. I fear she might be nearer the end than we all thought.Trump might get that 3rd Supreme Court nominee after all...:facepalm:

39 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Last time she was discharged from hospital I was happy, but now I feel differentely.I'm worried that her hospitalisations are becoming more and more frequent. I fear she might be nearer the end than we all thought.Trump might get that 3rd Supreme Court nominee after all...:facepalm:

This clock should run down before she dies.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

She could die on Election Day and they would still have enough time to replace her.

Won't make a difference, because the Democrats made it clear that they have the intention to pack the courts. 

6 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Won't make a difference, because the Democrats made it clear that they have the intention to pack the courts. 

I dont think it would make a difference in any scenario. Trump's picks for the court arent exactly doing his bidding anyway...

• Like 1

On 02/08/2020 at 04:40, ThePrematureBurial said:

I think you overestimate what the Dem's will do. Sinema,Tester and Manchin are pretty Moderate and a Narrow Democratic Senate Majority would still need them to sign off on anything.  That's why if RBG died in the last few weeks of the year I don't think the GOP would try and rush through a judge in the Lameduck session because they wouldn't want to give Democrats the political capital to add judges

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

I think you overestimate what the Dem's will do. Sinema,Tester and Manchin are pretty Moderate and a Narrow Democratic Senate Majority would still need them to sign off on anything.  That's why if RBG died in the last few weeks of the year I don't think the GOP would try and rush through a judge in the Lameduck session because they wouldn't want to give Democrats the political capital to add judges

I agree with you.  If they hypocritically try to replace RBG like that after what they did to Merrick Garland, a Democratically-controlled Senate would have no choice but to pack the Court, and McConnell knows it.  He's ruthless but he's not stupid.  They are better off just keeping their current majority and letting the Democrats replace RBG with another liberal justice. 

On 30/07/2020 at 02:19, Banana said:

Don't kid yourself, that fucking cunt who runs the senate would never have let an Obama-appointed judge through even if it was Kavanaugh. That's their whole playbook. Republicans solely exist to oppose liberal stances. Garland was also considered a center candidate and many liberals opposed his nomination. BTW a fucking communist is better than a drunk rapist on the bench you knob.

Trump was stumped by the easiest of questions by a conservative interviewer. As demented as Biden is, Trump has 0 legs to stand on and almost any response against him suffices. 

Do conservatives not understand how poles work? What do polers gain by lying about the poles? 

Also, stfu you partisan hack. "expect the other side to do the same when they get power back", republicans have no room to complain about anything democrats do for the next couple decades after the shit they pulled in the last 4 years. 

I use poles to prop thing up.

But what do I know I’m just a right wing partisan hack

4 hours ago, Nurse Rached said:

Dead by October 

If she can just hang on to November 3 we should be safe .Trump can't appoint a new SCJ after the election if the Democrats have just won the Presidency and possibly both houses. Even though he technically still could until the new Congress takes over in early January politically it would be untenableJust 88 more days Ruth. You can do it! 

PS if she did die and Trump tried to replace her with  an extreme right winger before the election it could of course help the Democrats win .Maybe in Trumps political interest not to fill any vacancy before the election?

On 26/07/2020 at 19:02, benderdalek said:

Agreed. I think Joe Biden has a good chance of winning due to Trump's shortcomings in his presidency. Trump was blocked on pretty much everything he tried to do by supreme court, so his presidency isnt exactly full of accomplishments...

Might be worth waiting until the debates, maybe people might realise that Biden is completely clueless and incompetent - more so than Trump.