The Miser

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Oh yeah, that will be the absolute catastrophe - in the sense that there is going to be something like a little civil war, or a breakdown of institutions and such

Just now, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Murkowski, Collins, and Romney I think will shoot it down, which makes it a 50-50 tie and Pence breaks it. Chuck Grassley might be receptive to postponing it, but I'm not sure.

Gardner might be worried about swing Colarado voters.

• Like 1

Is this the most unwelcome hit in deathlist history or what ? Just 4 more months and it would have been fine to go Ruth ! Not now ! :(

• Like 1

Amy Coney Barrett seems to be the favourite, has had bipartisan support in the past which might make it difficult for the Democrats to object without accepting McConnell's rationale for blocking Garland in 2016.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Does this make the "Biden Rule" (which the Democrats denied existed) official?

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Gardner might be worried about swing Colarado voters.

You would think, but Gardner never flips on anything, unfortunately.

For those thinking or maybe fearing Trump will appoint   a new supreme court justice before the election apparently Republician Senator  Susan Collins  is opposed to such a move so close to a presidential election. 

I knew this was gonna happen right before the election. I was surprised nobody on here seemed more attentive to the fact that she was in palative care. No matter your political opinions you have to admit this is going to be a sh*t show.

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

For those thinking or maybe fearing Trump will appoint   a new supreme court justice before the election apparently Republician Senator  Susan Collins  is opposed to such a move so close to a presidential election. 

She is of course in deep trouble in Maine and her vote for Kavanugh is a part of that - she won’t want to be seen as being too conservative as she needs Biden voters to vote for her.  (As Biden is very likely to win Maine)

• Like 1

Sad news indeed. This is the second year in a row I've gotten a DDP hit on my birthday, following Ricksen last year.

Shocking news. Republicans flip flopping on their own rules? Can't believe it: 

• Angry 2

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Shocking news. Republicans flip flopping on their own rules? Can't believe it: 

Not to mention a horrible degree of indecent haste on McConnells part.  Could  he not have waited 24 or 48 hours before tweeting this instead of being so vulgar and crass?

9 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Not to mention a horrible degree of indecent haste on McConnells part.  Could  he not have waited 24 or 48 hours before tweeting this instead of being so vulgar and crass?

In fairness, the woman chose to make her own death bed political with that last “wish”. You only get what you give.

Worth remembering that Ginsburg's first pancreatic cancer diagnosis happened while Obama was president and had control of the Senate. Pretty much a perfect opportunity to retire then and there.

This complete clusterfuck could've been avoided entirely.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

RBG is finally dead, I see the GOP is just as happy as I am - literally good for nothing apart from being anti-Trump for the sake of being anti-Trump. Another hit for me :^)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

RBG is finally dead, I see the GOP is just as happy as I am - literally good for nothing apart from being anti-Trump for the sake of being anti-Trump. Another hit for me :^)

Wait for everyone on here to attack you for that even though these same people celebrate every time a conservative dies. It’s gonna be fun seeing everyone ignoring the riots once she gets replaced :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Hah thats so funny, do you want to post that again? It might be funnier the 10th time

One thing to consider is that if Mark Kelly wins in Arizona, he should be seated on Nov. 30. This means the 3 dumbstkers (Romney, Collins and Murkowski) would be able to block a nomination. McConnell doesn't have much time.

48 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

In fairness, the woman chose to make her own death bed political with that last “wish”. You only get what you give.

Whilst you make a fair point and arguably  both are guilty of  some crassness  I do not believe  his tweet was a reaction to her deathbed wish. They were always going to do this. I  also think the statement you only get what you give in life  is absolutely total  illogical nonsense. 

Lots of lovely decent people in life have awful things visited upon them that they did  not and do not deserve and did nothing or gave nothing  to initiate a reaction for.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Wait for everyone on here to attack you for that even though these same people celebrate every time a conservative dies. It’s gonna be fun seeing everyone ignoring the riots once she gets replaced :)

My approach to politics is the Trey Parker/Matt Stone creed - "I hate conservatives but I really hate liberals