The Miser

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Sadly I feel like it’s likely her last battle with it, as much as I want her to survive. That’ll be the Supreme Court completely fucked for decades then... 

DLs #1 slot filled for 2020

It's pretty unlucky for it to come back 10 years later. Her health is already pretty unusual so surviving this would not surprise anyone.

Think she would need to be known to be terminally ill to be made N.1 and by then she might have left  the court so less of a name.

They are saying there is no further treatment scheduled at this time. Most people think this means the cancer is under control and not that serious. But, the pessimist that I am thinks there is no further treatment scheduled, because she’s close to death.

Tbh, I won’t be surprised if I hear about her passing tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

"Interests: Music
Politics 
Community Service"

@DeathClock your profile says you are interested in community service.  After reading this take, you would serve the DL community well by sending a letter to one of the site Admins asking that your profile be deleted.

• Haha 3

We can't deny it- this is the worst possible news at her age and frailty.I sadly cannot see how she can possibly stay to the end of Trumps first term  now - he will get his 3rd Supreme Court pick.God  help America ! 

4 hours ago, DeathClock said:

They are saying there is no further treatment scheduled at this time. Most people think this means the cancer is under control and not that serious. But, the pessimist that I am thinks there is no further treatment scheduled, because she’s close to death.

She just finished radiation. They don’t even know IF any more treatment is necessary and they probably won’t know for a few days at less. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeathClock said:

I doubt she will die tomorrow or this month.It will take weeks to know if the treatment has worked or not.

8 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

It's pretty unlucky for it to come back 10 years later. Her health is already pretty unusual so surviving this would not surprise anyone.

Think she would need to be known to be terminally ill to be made N.1 and by then she might have left  the court so less of a name.

This is her 4th battle with cancer.She has also had lung and bowel cancer.Pancreatic cancer when it re-occurs is very nearly always fatal within months.

If she retired tomorrow she would still be worthy of Number 1 on the Deathlist.

Makes a public appearance: 

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Makes a public appearance: 

Need to photoshop a 5-pound can of coffee in her hands.

Uh oh... 

• Haha 1

On 13/11/2019 at 19:14, Joey Russ said:

Uh oh... 

Hang on in there Ruth.Just a year to go ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

Hang on in there Ruth.Just a year to go ! 

Or 5 :blink:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DeathClock said:

Because of a fever and expected to be discharged today. Nothing to worry about, the old hag will be fine.

As far as I'm concerned she's proof that's it's possible to live on nothing but spite and will-power.

I want to be RBG when I grow up, living purely to spite half a country.

55 minutes ago, CastAway said:

As far as I'm concerned she's proof that's it's possible to live on nothing but spite and will-power.

I want to be RBG when I grow up, living purely to spite half a country.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the state of The Union these days.  The country is  irreconcilably divided in half. Both halves are responsible,  but can only blame the other, with ever increasing rage and futility. 

c7S0ucsdLzSvchaOdW.gif

Looks like this year's coffee is staying on the shelf :P