The Miser

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

25 minutes ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

When you feel hopeless, hurt or suicidal, getting told to "get help" or "talk to someone" (in other words, having to actively initiate a conversation with some stranger who doesn't really care about you specifically) is of very little help. Just an observation.

I agree completely, though I'm not having a go at the previous poster. The last thing you want, or are likely, to do when your mind is scrambled enough to be seriously considering suicide is call some well-meaning person who's going to, at best, spout platitudes that are unlikely to be relevant to how you're thinking at that moment - even if they've been through it themselves. It's even hard to contact friends during that mindset, however sensible you know ultimately is. I'm not going to try and give solutions or answers, because I don't have any. 

On 12/10/2020 at 18:30, CoffinLodger said:

I am so convinced that Joe Biden will win this election that I have promised on twitter that I will commit suicide live on twitter if he doesn;t ! And I fully intend to stick to it! Lets face it if Trump wins there is no point in living anyway.Well not for me anyway.

Dont you think politics is starting to send you crazy? You've got to learn to let go of it and slowly come to the realisation that all of it is bullshit. Both sides hate us and are only running because they have some corporate level bigwigs pulling their strings. Plus we all survived G.W.Bush, I think we can survive Trump if he wins again. 

But yeah I think you should probably clarify you're not serious about the suicide thing as you do seem to have a particularly bad case of Trump derangement syndrome. Get dosed up on some painkillers and/or anti depressants, only problem is that you wont be able to laugh or jizz for a few months.

On 11/10/2020 at 19:37, CoffinLodger said:

Come on man! Never let politics influence who you are and never let it control you. If you’re  serious I hope you get help regardless of the outcome.

Hmm I’m trying to figure out who Rached is - alt name for sure.

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Hmm I’m trying to figure out who Rached is - alt name for sure.

Yep, another pathetic alt. I’ve a good idea who. Their most used account is a sad twat who’s only here to stir shit, too.

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yep, another pathetic alt. I’ve a good idea who. Their most used account is a sad twat who’s only here to stir shit, too.

No alt account you twat

2 hours ago, Nurse Rached said:

No alt account you twat

Zorders, it's you!!!!! :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Zorders, it's you!!!!! :D

I don’t know who that is, you guys are way off

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the Supreme Court justice who fought for women’s rights for more than a half-century before her death in 2020, will have a U.S. Navy ship named after her, military officials said Thursday.

The USNS Ruth Bader Ginsburg (T-AO 212), which has not yet been constructed, will be a John Lewis-class replenishment oiler ship designed to carry fuel to the Navy’s operating carrier strike groups, the Navy said in a news release.

SC

Pretty ironic given she was a liberal icon during her lifetime that RBG helped bring about the reversal of Roe Vs Wade by refusing to retire under Obama despite several battles with cancer, ultimately allowing Trump to replace her with Amy Coney Barrett upon her death and consolidate the conservative majority on the bench.

2 hours ago, dodrade said:

Pretty ironic given she was a liberal icon during her lifetime that RBG helped bring about the reversal of Roe Vs Wade by refusing to retire under Obama despite several battles with cancer, ultimately allowing Trump to replace her with Amy Coney Barrett upon her death and consolidate the conservative majority on the bench.

Liberal hubris, which seems to happen too often. They let the perfect be the enemy of the good. They cram all they want into huge bills which then get taken apart bit by bit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dodrade said:

Ignoring what happened with Scalia? 

Death can happen at any moment. I don't blame RBG, it's a life appointment. Roe v Wade was under threat since it was first ruled. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

Ignoring what happened with Scalia? 

Death can happen at any moment. I don't blame RBG, it's a life appointment. Roe v Wade was under threat since it was first ruled. 

Indeed, it all started with Merrick Garland. Wonder how many Bernie fans out there are regretting their refusal to back Clinton in 2016. Perfect? No, but compared to Trump with a liberal majority on the line? Suicide. Garland confirmed, Ginsburg dies or retires, that's 5 liberal justices whether Kennedy retired or not (the Democrats wouldn't have pushed him out the way the Republicans did). 6-3 Conservative now, likely to only lose Clarence Thomas in the next decade or so on the Conservative side and Stephen Breyer is the only other Justice left from pre-2000. Could be at least another 50 years until this is reversed.

6 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Indeed, it all started with Merrick Garland. Wonder how many Bernie fans out there are regretting their refusal to back Clinton in 2016. Perfect? No, but compared to Trump with a liberal majority on the line? Suicide. Garland confirmed, Ginsburg dies or retires, that's 5 liberal justices whether Kennedy retired or not (the Democrats wouldn't have pushed him out the way the Republicans did). 6-3 Conservative now, likely to only lose Clarence Thomas in the next decade or so on the Conservative side and Stephen Breyer is the only other Justice left from pre-2000. Could be at least another 50 years until this is reversed.

While I agree with the prognosis, I'd just like to counter a popular net myth and point out that post election exit polls had around 90% of Sanders voters voting Clinton, an eben higher number than Clinton voters in 2008 who voted Obama!

Those interested enough to vote in a primary held up. Its the less interested in politics types who had voted Democratic in 2012 but didn't in 2016.

I know Twitter distorts this. 

Ginsburg should have retired in 2009ish but tbf I think McConnell's intransigence since took them by surprise, like how the Democratic Senates distrust of Obama knocked the wind out of his sails.

I don't see how any of this is reversible now. You'd need new parties and frankly new voters.

• Like 1

She was recklessly stubborn for not retiring under Obama when she had already had cancer twice including of the pancreas.Yes there are others to  blame like Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell but her hubris really got the better of her.When you have a life time appointment that has huge consequences you should look at the bigger longer term picture.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's almost like SCOTUS is inherently flawed..

Blaming RBG ignores the larger picture IMO

• Like 1

Oh don't get me wrong It is but it was a mistake that could easily have been foreseen given her health and age. Pancreatic cancer is a stubborn nemesis that often re_occurs as it did in her case.She did remarkably well to survive 11 years after her first bout of pancreatic cancer.I am sure it haunted her on her deathbed and many people criticizing her now were not overly vocal when she was alive. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Oh don't get me wrong It is but it was a mistake that could easily have been foreseen given her health and age. Pancreatic cancer is a stubborn nemesis that often re_occurs as it did in her case.She did remarkably well to survive 11 years after her first bout of pancreatic cancer. I am sure it haunted her on her deathbed and many people criticizing her now were not overly vocal when she was alive. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though .

She probably intended to step down sometime after the 2016 election but then Trump unexpectedly won so tried to hang on another four years only to run out of time four months short.

Apparently she had misgivings about Roe V Wade herself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/us/ruth-bader-ginsburg-roe-v-wade.html

Her misgivings were about the shaky foundation of the law.She thought it shaky and vulnerable to interpretation.