maryportfuncity

Where Will The Next School Massacre Be?

Call the country  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dunno about you but I get that tingle of anticipation when I hear the music introducing the news and find myself thinking: I wonder where a lonely nutcase will strike today?

So I've lined up 50 nations with one notion; call the venue from the menu and feel made up when others get slayed up.

Seriously though folks, where do you think the lonely and rejected world tour will touch down next?

• Like 1

Somewhere in Texas...

Oi, I lined up a poll with 50 options on it, where did it go?

I reckon.......Mexico.

Oh, goody, another sweepstake. :)

(see what I did there)

I voted for Norway - their thriving death metal scene and extended hours of darkness must have created a few candidates who'd tick all the right boxes for this sort of thing.

It's odd to think that some somewhere out there a youth with mental health problems and access to firearms is probably planning his big day out right now.

Pioneering school spree killer Brenda "I Don't Like Mondays" Spencer is up for parole this year. In the interests of equality, it is worth pointing out that these days the activity of gunning down one's school peers is almost exclusively a male hobby. Maybe the next massacre might do something to redress this regrettable imbalance.

Iceland.

Deep resentment with the current economic climate, worries about the weather climate, all that cold, then all that midnight sun, a lesbian PM that isn't a PM any more if I'd read DDT's post correctly... it all adds up to angst.

Either that or Cumbria where there is nothing worth living for. :)

USA definitely

You didn't include Guernsey in your list? I think it'll be in some sleepy town where people want to escape from and where people go a bit stir crazy, so out of those listed I went for Switzerland. If I had a second choice, Estonia.

USA its logical and a soft option.

Besides having just been beaten on the same day by the Germans the read necks have something to prove.

Razor

Can I have Andorra?

Besides having just been beaten on the same day by the Germans the read necks have something to prove.

Razor

That's sort of my reason for Switzerland too, the Austrians have their perverts in the cellar, the Germans have had their school shootings, some Swiss person is bound to want to prove that sh*t happens there too.

$witz€r£and has lots of guns. Those who carry out their annual two week holiday military service in a capacity that requires gun use actually keep their guns all throughout the year. Then again they are probably all safely locked up in the gold vaults that come with every house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_coun...y_gun_ownership

I null voted out of curiosity for the scores.

Razor

What the hell is a "read" neck?

Either that or Cumbria where there is nothing worth living for.

Oooh, dunno, it's party time of a night in the Miner's Arms. We gather round the telly, watch the latest news about devastation and depression in the once prosperous south the England, raise our glasses and shout.....Y-E-E-S-S-S-S!!!

Why bring this topic into existence? I don't get it.

Just because, BS, just because.

Re getting it, which school did you say you were currently attending?

Razor

What the hell is a "read" neck?

Rednecks that go to school? :)

Either that or Cumbria where there is nothing worth living for.

Oooh, dunno, it's party time of a night in the Miner's Arms. We gather round the telly, watch the latest news about devastation and depression in the once prosperous south the England, raise our glasses and shout.....Y-E-E-S-S-S-S!!!

Is that the village telly? :)

As my first choice, Iraq, isn't on the list, I'll go for Canada. How many do there have to be for it to qualify for massacre status? Four or more?

<--- punt on South Africa and note that some one else did too! I know its bad for gun crime at the moment so just feel it won't be long before one of these mindless mass killings happens down there.

I'm currently the only one voting Hungary......a very western member of the former Eastern Block, economy in freefall and people who - within living memory - were guaranteed work, now out on the streets for lack of a workable welfare service. You'd resent those happy kids if the wandered past your furniture in an alley.

The United States, simply because they think that there are quick fixes (ban guns on university campuses, take away video games etc.) to problems that have deep social and cultural roots of hierarchy and exclusion that no one in charge in the USA seems to want to admit to. In most other countries, it's either a copy-cat or a lone nut, but the American schools these days are structured around a system that all but breeds the shooty types.

I'm not just trashing on the U.S.; Canada is a very fair possibility as well.

• Like 1