maryportfuncity

Where Will The Next School Massacre Be?

Call the country  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, charon said:

18th school shooting of the year.

18th.

Welcome to 2018 - The Year of the School Shooting...following 2017 - The Year of the Celebrity Sex Scandal and 2016 - The Year of the Celebrity Death

3 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

He was apart of a white militia apparently.  Seems weird they would come out and try to tie themselves to him , usually they distance themselves. Unless they're like isis/al qaeda using this to gain publicity . Also 7 jews were killed , could be more according to some sources . Is it anti-Semitic attack? Whether they were his motives or not I have a feeling going forward this is what it will be labelled as. Though how you can tell the difference between white students and jewish students in the chaotic moment as they're running away from this loon is anyones guess.

Was also picced in a gasp, hammer and sickle shirt.

So trying to blame Russia and Trump? Lol.

You can go too far on theories with a 19 year old bam.

17 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

It's the best bigliest massacre under Trump though....

Now is not the time to talk about gun control...again...and again....

(I've never seen such tired, depressed medical professionals give an interview, basically saying "we do this all the time).

Gun Controll is bullshit. Just look at Austria or Switzerland. They don't have a problem with mass shootings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They don't, have a poululation of Americans tho.... Your point is moot........

Trump made a lengthy (by his standards) speech on television trying to reassure kids - no mention of gun control, mind.

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Trump made a lengthy (by his standards) speech on television trying to reassure kids - no mention of gun control, mind.

Yeah so far SO FAR this year kids,  believe me BELIEVE ME there have only been just 19 shootings, not all with killing mind, not all with killing, at schools and there have been 46 days and so you are more likely to be SAY..FE to TO MORROW, that's right you are, boys and girls, because these fine ladies and gentlemen at this school in Florida and the incredible men and women who work here, yes that's right, incredible, and anyhow, another thing, another thing we're going to spend a whole lot of money, A WHOLE lot of MON-EEY, making sure that we're going to take care of it and that's what we're going to do, believe me. That's all folks!!

"We have some bad hombres here, believe me, and we're going to get them some guns."

2 hours ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

The good ole' US of A (being sarcastic here) needs to give this little thing called GUN CONTROL a try and stop using the whole "ITS AGAINST MY CIVIL RIGHHTS!!" *said in southern accent* Because it has worked in EVERY COUNTRY IT HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED...Australia, Canada, UK, and many many more....COME ON AMERICA WAKE UP!

criminals don't give a shit about gun laws.

2 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Then why do we have any laws? Surely all the criminals are going to break them. Go anarchy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prophet said:

That's just assuming that all people who break the law do it intentionally. While there is no doubt that when the law is broken the law is broken, many of the the individuals who commit the crimes (especially with something such as murder) aren't in good mental health, and therefore have very poor judgement when committing the crime. Assuming that all criminals do it intentionally because they want to is fucking bullshit, and in fact I think many of these individuals would've still been a good citizen if the mental health system was actually good...

Sorry if already posted but : 

"From about 150 feet away, Nembhard watched as authorities handcuffed Cruz and put him into a police cruiser. 

A few minutes later, authorities took him out and put him into an ambulance"

:lol:  Good work for a change.

Why do criminals with guns not shoot up schools anywhere else?

Crims are crims. Everyone with access to a gun however is likely to use it. Sometimes I've wished to have one, and don't tell me I'm not alone.

Don't use the argument "the law won't deter people". It's worked. Except where everyone can buy one. This guy wasn't old enough to buy beer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Why do criminals with guns not shoot up schools anywhere else?

Crims are crims. Everyone with access to a gun however is likely to use it. Sometimes I've wished to have one, and don't tell me I'm not alone.

Don't use the argument "the law won't deter people". It's worked. Except where everyone can buy one. This guy wasn't old enough to buy beer.

,,,It's worked"

Yes, it works brilliant in Germany. No school massacres anymore. Oh... Wait...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pupil-15-arrested-stabbing-classmate-11899980

Any weapon is apparently unreasonable force if someone if is your home and you're asleep. FFS. 

Stabbers gonna stab. Difficult to stab 17 people in one go though.

Happens far too often.  Gotta be a completely good stabber to kill someone outright. Don't have to be particularly good to kill loads of people with automatic and semi-automatic weaponry though.

• Like 4

There's guns in Scotland, too. I know folk who love their guns, and are members of pistol clubs. Only thing, all of them under go checks to make sure they're not, say, nutters, and the guns are kept in controlled environments. And US style mass shootings are practically unheard of here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Stabbers gonna stab. Difficult to stab 17 people in one go though.

Happens far too often.  Gotta be a completely good stabber to kill someone outright. Don't have to be particularly good to kill loads of people with automatic and semi-automatic weaponry though.

Lots of knives and shit out there, though. Had a few close calls with them and I'm the most risk-adverse boring sod you could think of!

Londoners just give freely when a machete is wielded ime. In a surreal almost polite business-like exchange.

Not too bad a plan. Hassle free. Hospitals overcrowded etc

The problem in the US isn't guns, per se.  Its gun culture.

Why do we like fish and chips in the UK?  Is it because it is the most fantastic lovely amazing dish ever concocted?  Objectively, it isn't.  But there's a chippy on every corner and we've been brought up to eat it, so we do.

Guns are the US' fish and chips.  They don't know why they like them but by god they'll create a fuss if you tell them they're bad for them.

The whole 'criminals dont care about laws' argument is bunk.  We know its bunk because, as has been pointed out elsewhere in this thread, banning guns has been effecive in every country that has done it.

The reason behind it is simple; crims are business people.  I'm not talking about nutters.  Raoul Moat got his hands on a shooter easy enough through back channels but hankfully that's quite rare.  If a crim doesn't need to take a weapon on a job, they won't.  Sadly, the US model of everyone having a gun forces all crims to carry guns, with the consequences you see often.  In the UK, they rarely bother because the heat brought down upon crims who use guns isn't worth the effort.

With regard mass shootings, I'm not sure what else they expect in a country where a gun is no more extraordinary than a hammer.  Its not a big deal to get a gun.  Its not a big deal to carry it.  Why would it be a big deal to use it?

The 'I need it to be safe' argument is similarly bunk.  Statistically, a weapon owner is far more likely to be injured and killed than someone who goes without.  Unless you are highly trained and competent, you disproportionatly elevate your percieved threat level, without significantly elevating your actual offensive ability.  I've seen a lot of our American cousins talking online in the last 24 hours about how if everyone was armed, this could have been prevented.  It just demonstrated to me the ignorance that peole have towards their national obsession.  A few saturdays down the gun club does not a response officer make.  I've been highly trained, and by coincidence earned my 'Expert Combat Pistol Marksman' medal from the US Army during a joint exercise, and I wouldn't fancy my chances at safely removing the threat of an active shooter in a school.  Seems like every fat softbody idiot who paid $500 dollars for a concealed carry permit is now a FIBUA expert and a crack shot who could safely put two in the chest of a moving target at 50 meters.

Until they restore the respect that firearms deserve, this situation wont change.  While half the country thinks the answer is more guns, it wont change.  Its absolutely heartbreaking.

• Like 4

Lolololololol.

Remington are bust, filed for  bankruptcy.

Why? I hear you ask......

Patterns.... No cunto buys firearms under a Republican president, that's why. They only really purchase them under Democrats :D , its the fear that gun control may be brought in.

So under Obama there was gazzillions more guns bought than compared to Trump, hence Remington now about to go to the wall.

There are more guns than people in the USA. Only those law abiding citizens will hand them over. Also once guns become illegal it will just give the Mexican cartels another revenue stream.People forget Mexico has strict gun control and has nearly double the amount of deaths in 2017. I sure not all the 29000 deaths in Mexico were by a gun but surely its more than the 15000 in the USA.

Drugs are illegal and there is an epidemic in Mexico and USA they're  regularly smuggled over the border.  unless people who support gun control are willing to support the border wall aswell banning guns will just see the black market grow and flood illegal/ untraceable guns onto US streets.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/21/drug-violence-blamed-mexico-record-murders-2017

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

They are just going to bring up the "mental health" debate instead of getting rid of the fuckin guns

4 minutes ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

They are just going to bring up the "mental health" debate instead of getting rid of the fuckin guns

Aye, but that's - kind of ironic - mind. Don't recall any other president pushing that angle so hard, let alone one who's the subject of a book written by mental health professionals in his own country discussing whether he has mental health issues.

• Like 1

Reports of shots fired at Highline college in Washington State.