maryportfuncity

Where Will The Next School Massacre Be?

Call the country  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A local story for Sir Creep (about 12 miles from the homestead)

15-year-old Oxford High School (Michigan) sophomore, armed with a semiautomatic handgun, is accused of a shooting at his school Tuesday afternoon, killing three students and injuring six others, including a teacher. 
SC

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

A local story for Sir Creep (about 12 miles from the homestead)

15-year-old Oxford High School (Michigan) sophomore, armed with a semiautomatic handgun, is accused of a shooting at his school Tuesday afternoon, killing three students and injuring six others, including a teacher. 
SC

Should note that this seems to have been expected by the students (though neither the school nor the cops did anything):

"Robin Redding said her son, Treshan Bryant, is a 12th grader at the school but stayed home on Tuesday. She said he had heard threats of a shooting at the school"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/30/michigan-school-shooting-oxford 

Murica GIFs | Tenor

Not a massacre, but there was a shooting at a school in Richfield, Minnesota that left one student dead and another in a critical condition.

On 05/02/2022 at 03:23, TheCemetaryMan said:

Judging from the past - USA. 

However - the violence in eastern Canada is growing rapidly. 

USA is almost definite lmao

South Africa is a good contender too.

South Africa has 58 murders a day, Is that a massacre?

1 hour ago, Deadboy999 said:

South Africa has 58 murders a day, Is that a massacre?

Are they school shootings? 

Texas has a proud history of protecting rights of unborn children so that they can be used as target practice once they reach elementary age. 15 dead including the shooter in the most recent incident.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Oh well, time to post the evergreen headline again: 

• Like 1

Joe Garcia, husband of teacher Irma Garcia, killed in the Texas school shooting, has subsequently died of a heart attack, according to the Scottish Scum.

• Sad 2

So, saw this posted online by one of the leading lights of ASSAP (Association for the Scientific Study of Anamalous Phenomena) - not pleasant reading but highly interesting and it puts the current criticism of the Texas police into context: 

I don't often talk about this (you can find it on my timeline if you search though) but some years ago I ploughed through a research project on school shootings. I read the reports, crunched the data and what I found was even sadder than I expected.
Because it is not discussed much and there is never a good time to raise it, I'm going to mention it now despite the raw tragedy. The average school shooting seems to last 5 to 8 minutes. Your chance of survival is high if you are more than seven minutes from the entrance. Any kind of locked door or barricade seems to help.
School shooters appear to grow despondent, sick of killing and realise what they have done very quickly. It is an anticlimax. From that point on they only kill if fired upon, and then tend to target the police, aiming at suicide by cop, or shoot themselves, perhaps after an hour. After 10 minutes they shoot others sporadically if at all; usually ignoring victims.
This pattern is despite all the psychological variables consistent across cultures and four decades. It appears predictable. You can test the observation by reading the reports of timelines yourself: even Wikipedia will show you the data you need.
I've never seen anyone else propose it but given it seems valid I defend cops who don't rush in I guess: after the first 10 minutes you probably want to contain the shooter and assuming no hostages evacuate safely the other kids. Problem is the wounded bleeding out. However what if you go straight in?
It's not tried often. However at Sandy Hook officers arrived in 5 minutes, heard a shot and 4 minutes later charged in. It was over: the shot they had heard was the shooter killing himself. It might save lives but first responders are rarely SWAT or HRT trained.
So I guess my conclusion was that these things happen too fast for police response to effect the outcome: which is no excuse for the stories we are hearing from Texas. If you won't ban guns then locked doors and schools that are as secure as prisons might be your answer. None of it though does the slightest thing to bring back more innocent lives lost, or make any of it less tragic
  • Like 4

Isn't it about time the US media broadcast video footage of the aftermath of these horrific events?

Children with no or little fucking face left, bodies torn apart? 

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Isn't it about time the US media broadcast video footage of the aftermath of these horrific events?

Children with no or little fucking face left, bodies torn apart? 

That's a job for Hollywood.

1 minute ago, Redrumours said:

That's a job for Hollywood.

Nah, if nothing's getting done, it's time to confront them with the true horror of this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chel said:

9 dead so far, 20 people hurt according to German news. Might be outdated info already.

Already 17 dead: 11 children and 6 adults. Another 23 people (including 21 children) are in city hospitals with injuries of varying severity.

The shooter shot himself.

34-year-old Artyom Kazantsev, who attacked a school in Izhevsk, was a graduate of this school. He was diagnosed with sluggish schizophrenia back in 2011. The last time he saw a psychiatrist was a week ago. Hefired from two air pistols converted to fire live ammunition.

IMG_20220926_212253_243.jpg

• Like 1