Vaagheid

David Prowse

36 minutes ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

My grandfather used to be a bouncer at a club and David Prowse worked there too. They called him "Darth Farmer" because of his Bristolian/western british accent.

So he was still working as a bouncer after getting the Star Wars gig? 

Just now, JR976evil said:

So he was still working as a bouncer after getting the Star Wars gig? 

I think they were just bouncers in the 60's before Star Wars. My grandfather died nearly 10 years ago so I can't exactly ask him. I don't think Prowse returned to the bouncer job after Star Wars.

18 hours ago, WholfOfTheDead said:

I think they were just bouncers in the 60's before Star Wars. My grandfather died nearly 10 years ago so I can't exactly ask him. I don't think Prowse returned to the bouncer job after Star Wars.

Why would they call him Darth Farmer then, if it was before Star Wars? Unless one of the other bouncers was George Lucas.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rockhopper penguin said:

Why would they call him Darth Farmer then, if it was before Star Wars? Unless one of the other bouncers was George Lucas.

My grandad and David Prowse were still good mates after Star Wars. I have even met him, he seems ok. A little racist but like casual racist. When he was telling me about his time on set he told me how a big black man (Vader) needed a black guy to voice him. ;P

Carrie Fisher had always stated her amusement at calling Prowse - Darth Farmer during filming.

Prowse always moaned Lucas was covering up a monumental mistake of not casting anyone black in the main roles with his inclusion of James Earl Jones... fact of the matter is Prowse's voice was just not up to the job of lord of the sith and action needed to be taken.

Nothing to do with death but here is a photo of Lord Vader unmasked on set.  I have never seen Prowse in his Vader suit without his helmet before. He looks as intimidating as a limp lettuce leaf, bless 'im. :D

8uw0w.jpg

That'd have worked better imo: Vader being a normal bank clerk looking chap who wore the mask to inspire fear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

That'd have worked better imo: Vader being a normal bank clerk looking chap who wore the mask to inspire fear.

I guess you have that now with that Kylo Ren droob.

On 3/3/2017 at 10:35, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Nothing to do with death but here is a photo of Lord Vader unmasked on set.  I have never seen Prowse in his Vader suit without his helmet before. He looks as intimidating as a limp lettuce leaf, bless 'im. :D

8uw0w.jpg

That's not Prowse.
It's Bob Anderson who wore the suits for stunt work.
This is Prowse unmasked

David Prowse.PNG

• Like 2

How many peope have been involved in playing Vader then?

We have Jake Lloyd (kid Vader), Hayden Christensen, James Earl Jones (voice), David Prowse (body), Bob Anderson (stunts), Sebastien Shaw (unmasked), Spencer Wilding (Rogue One), Daniel Naprous (Rogue One stunts). 

I don't know if that is a record but it is obviously unusual for a single character in a single series to be such a composite.

Portrayed by
Voiced by

from Wikipedia.

• Like 2

New photo emarges from Salisbury Comic-Con.

imgID118080824.jpg

4 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

New photo emarges from Salisbury Comic-Con.

imgID118080824.jpg

Doesn't look bad for a guy burnt by lava.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Doesn't look bad for a guy burnt by lava.

Tell you one thing that shows he is on his way out, nobody ill would drink Lucozade, as it is essentially drinking a bottle of diabetes. It shows he has accepted his fate and no longer cares. 

• Like 5

On 12/02/2017 at 10:00, Joey Russ said:

Neither Vader is dead. Only Tarkin, Kenobi, R2, and Princess Leia died so far.

Admiral Ackbar's dead too.

images-5.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yama said:

Admiral Ackbar's dead too.

images-5.jpg

Aye, I forgot about him. I don't think he had that big of a role, tbh, but he still has an iconic line in the 3rd film.

Peter Mayhew could be next to go. 7ft 3in tall, 73 years old and already being phased out of Star Wars - he won't be playing Chewbacca in the Han Solo movie.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Aye, I forgot about him. I don't think he had that big of a role, tbh, but he still has an iconic line in the 3rd film.

Joey we all know which star wars character you want to die most, both in real life and fiction.  You might pretend you hate Lando because he betrayed Solo, but we know the real reason you hate him.....

BillyDee.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RobertMugabe said:

I hate teenagers like you Joey, especially because you live in America.

I'm sure your not the only one who hates teenagers so much. Has one of those white farmer's teens egged you in the face or something. 

On 31/08/2017 at 02:23, RobertMugabe said:

Joey we all know which star wars character you want to die most, both in real life and fiction.  You might pretend you hate Lando because he betrayed Solo, but we know the real reason you hate him.....

BillyDee.jpg

I strongly remember the two weeks and a half when you were mildly funny.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 16:38, Yama said:

Peter Mayhew could be next to go. 7ft 3in tall, 73 years old and already being phased out of Star Wars - he won't be playing Chewbacca in the Han Solo movie.

Not sure he's ready to go just yet. He's getting frail in his old age but still quite active on the fan circuit.

He's in Episode VIII and I sort of understand the reasoning behind not being in the Solo movie as it's set in younger days which implies there will be a more physical aspect to filming.
He aint gonna be doing much running on that dodgy knee of his!

He was diagnosed with dementia in 2014 according to the article. But for some reason, I have a suspicion that it is something worse...

What is the likelihood of David Prowse returning to the 2018 list because of the news that we have received?