Vaagheid

David Prowse

Will let you know on January 2nd, remind me at the time...

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

What is the likelihood of David Prowse returning to the 2018 list because of the news that we have received?

I'd give it a little above 50%.

Well, this comes as no surprise, those of us that know about sugar and diabetes and lucasaide, knew the end was coming soon.  RIP ,a true great black man. 

imgID118080824.thumb.jpg.5df2374ce4464420bb7cdcabd806cd5a.jpg

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

David Prowse initially planned to retire in January, but now he has also canceled the few appearances still scheduled:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/star-wars-actor-david-prowse-11300769

:vulture:

He couldn’t be on his way out, could he? 

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

:vulture:

He couldn’t be on his way out, could he? 

I think it might be dementia-related. 

David Prowse has now retired from autograph signings on health grounds :sicktherm:

My guess at this point is that the alzheimers rumour was not a rumour.Either that or his arthritis makes him physically unable to sign his own name.One to bring back on next year's list.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

David Prowse has now retired from autograph signings on health grounds :sicktherm:

I can see it now, cause of death, arthritis.

• Like 1

Good pick for next year.

I still see James Earl Jones going before him.

1 minute ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I still see James Earl Jones going before him.

Eh, he’s still active at the moment having a film being released in 2019. I think he could last a few years. 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Sounds like the DL committee should Beam Him Up To The List if he makes 2019

Looks like he is near to the dark side or summat.I hear he has Peter Falk syndrome. I forget the specific name of the ailment.

1 hour ago, Fun-e-ral said:

I can see it now, cause of death, arthritis.

Yes arthritis isn't deadly.Septic arthritis can be though which he has had in the past.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

My guess at this point is that the alzheimers rumour was not a rumour.Either that or his arthritis makes him physically unable to sign his own name.One to bring back on next year's list.

Bending over to sign Darth figures for the little uns must be quite a strain for him these days too

My Great Grandmother with David Prowse when he was a bouncer with my grandad in the 60's. 

Clarice Jones with Darth Vader (David Prowse) in the 60s.jpg

• Like 10

Happy 85th birthday:birthday:

• Like 4

On 02/01/2020 at 11:53, Kenny McCormick said:

My Great Grandmother with David Prowse when he was a bouncer with my grandad in the 60's. 

Clarice Jones with Darth Vader (David Prowse) in the 60s.jpg

So, could a proper hard knock disable DP by knocking off his glasses and leave him  swinging at the air whilst the nut-jobs snuck into the club?

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, could a proper hard knock disable DP by knocking off his glasses and leave him  swinging at the air whilst the nut-jobs snuck into the club?

Depends on the number of people brawling them to state the obvious, 3 people vs DP would be a no brainer over who would win. I mean there were typically 2 bouncers at this place, if I remember correctly, so if it were just one guy taunting DP then my grandad would've probably taken him if DP was left swinging at the air. My Grandad served in the national guard and made a living as an engineer on the Harry Brown so both him and DP were fairly big and mean looking back then so I doubt too many people wanted to fight them. 

Once about 14 years back, DP was in Milton Keynes signing autographs with Kenny Baker (R2D2) and he signed a photo of Darth Vader for me (as I was a big Star Wars fan). I told him about how he knew my grandad and DP called him up the next day and they spent the day out together. Sadly my grandad died about a year later so a lot of the stories he had about working with David Prowse ended up getting lost in the midst of time...

• Thanks 2

Welp. Another one from my 2021 shadow list draft dead.