Sign in to follow this  
IKYWN

Natasha Richardson

It seems Natasha Richardson might be attempting a late coup here. Though as she's not a hideous, racist old slapper, even serious head injuries might not be good enough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7947826.stm

Perez Hilton is reporting that she's deaded(Richardson,not Goofy) . Not exactly a reliable source but you never know.

http://perezhilton.com/2009-03-17-rip-232

Actress Natasha Richardson, daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and husband of actor Liam Neeson, has been critically injured in a skiing accident. She is reported to have suffered brain injuries.

'Brain dead', apparently...

Is she going to get an OK! Special as well then?

The only sources for 'brain dead' revelations at the moment are unspecified 'friends' of Natasha. It's entirely possible she's suffered a clot, some bleeding and swelling and can recover well back into the land of the living. Her family seem to be sticking to the story she's got 'swelling on the brain,' and in those circumstances the treatment is to keep the patient sedated. So - if her family are telling the truth - it'll be a day or two before anyone knows anything for certain.

The only sources for 'brain dead' revelations at the moment are unspecified 'friends' of Natasha. It's entirely possible she's suffered a clot, some bleeding and swelling and can recover well back into the land of the living. Her family seem to be sticking to the story she's got 'swelling on the brain,' and in those circumstances the treatment is to keep the patient sedated. So - if her family are telling the truth - it'll be a day or two before anyone knows anything for certain.

I'm hearing conflicting reports on this. On one hand, several sources seem very "certain" that Natasha Richardson is all but brain dead and that her death is inevitable.

On the other hand, other sources are claiming she is just suffering from a swelling on the brain and that things are not as bad the media hypes.

However, I have not read anywhere where the family themselves have confirmed that it was a mere "swelling of the brain." So far, the only sources I got the swelling of the brain rumor from is TMZ (of all places). TMZ claims they got the information from the hospital in Canada. However, if it is indeed true that Natasha is only suffering from a swelling of the brain, why hasn't the hospital informed all other media outlets?

I'm not saying you're wrong maryfunportcity. For what it's worth, you could very well be correct -- perhaps this is all one big tease and Natasha Richardson's head injury, although serious, is not life threatening and she can well make a full recovery. Frankly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is all one big tease -- especially in light of all the celebrities these days who allegedly are dying, but appear to still be alive or even made full recoveries (e.g., Travis Barker, DJ AM, Michael Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Kelsey Grammar, Jade Goody, etc.).

Let me just say I'm really pissed off at the way the media handled all this, especially from places like FoxNews and NY Post. Why the hell did they jump the gun? Are they really trying to exploit our morbid fascination with dying/dead celebrities for their own financial gain? It's disgusting the way they handled this.

I'm hearing conflicting reports on this. On one hand, several sources seem very "certain" that Natasha Richardson is all but brain dead and that her death is inevitable.

On the other hand, other sources are claiming she is just suffering from a swelling on the brain and that things are not as bad the media hypes.

However, I have not read anywhere where the family themselves have confirmed that it was a mere "swelling of the brain." So far, the only sources I got the swelling of the brain rumor from is TMZ (of all places). TMZ claims they got the information from the hospital in Canada. However, if it is indeed true that Natasha is only suffering from a swelling of the brain, why hasn't the hospital informed all other media outlets?

I'm not saying you're wrong maryfunportcity. For what it's worth, you could very well be correct -- perhaps this is all one big tease and Natasha Richardson's head injury, although serious, is not life threatening and she can well make a full recovery. Frankly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is all one big tease -- especially in light of all the celebrities these days who allegedly are dying, but appear to still be alive or even made full recoveries (e.g., Travis Barker, DJ AM, Michael Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Kelsey Grammar, Jade Goody, etc.).

Let me just say I'm really pissed off at the way the media handled all this, especially from places like FoxNews and NY Post. Why the hell did they jump the gun? Are they really trying to exploit our morbid fascination with dying/dead celebrities for their own financial gain? It's disgusting the way they handled this.

It's not the hospital's job to be a press liaison officer reporting the status of any given patient. I was under the belief that there was a concept called doctor patient confidentiality. Tease or not, I must admit to not knowing who she is (as I'm sure you're all too well aware, I am not one for pelebritydom) and am still none the wiser. It's not going to change my life. I'm happy to continue being ignorant.

I know we are guilty with this deathwatch website but it's got me thinking how the rise of media outlets has made us dependent on having minute by minute accounts of critically ill yet famous people. I think it detracts from those poignant 'and also' stories "in tribute of X who died today", you know the ones that make you go oh that's a shame. I guess what I'm saying is I have the upmost respect to those who chose to be ill or die in private and Jade's getting on my wick.

The Evening Standard headline I saw at lunchtime makes it sound like she's about to die. So I guess Perez Hilton is the most trusted news source out there.

Famous enough and her demise in this manner would be shocking enough for her to merit a new thread, methinks.

I would have though if it was that serious, they wouldn't have flown her from Canada to New York. Cabin pressurisation would not be a good idea with a brain injury. All this 'brain death' reporting is coming from the US and Canada. I would have thought that the potential for news this bad would have the Sun and Sky News bleating it from the rooftops. All the Sun can say is she is 'though to be close to death'.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001670/

Much of her career has been in theatre, rather than films. Shakespeare etc. She is a real actress, not a zelebrity type. She is perhaps better known than many other stage actors because other members of her family are also respected actors.

This curse of the Redgrave family has gone too far. Next they'll be telling us that Sir Steven has drowned in a tragic canoeing accident.

The only movie I remember her from was "Gothic"

Although it is a shame that she died so young. From what I hear she was better on stage than she was in the movies

Guest michael

i heard that she was taken off of life support at about 1 mountain time i dont know if it is true

Natasha Richardson taken off life support

That article...and we in blighty reckon our celebrity culture is sick!

i heard that she was taken off of life support at about 1 mountain time i dont know if it is true

It was about 1:30 EST which would have been about 11:30 MST

Natasha Richardson taken off life support

That article...and we in blighty reckon our celebrity culture is sick!

LOL I love some of the thicko comments.

She's been taken off life support... I'm so glad she's feeling better. :)

And this one made me laugh... [Natasha Richardson] A terrible, freak, awful shame.

Very sad news.... she was a very talented actress who really didn't get enough credit and didn't get the chance to express her full capabilities whilst she was alive.

It really pisses me off though that a great actress like Richardson spends two days in hospital dies... and then a low-life nobody like Jade Goody, who only became famous from making an arse of herself on a reality TV program, had months and months to live and is receiving too much sympathy from the general public... particularly single mothers :)

Oh well at least some of the attention is off Goody now... the attention-craving cow's probably cursing at the TV as we speak....

Very sad news.... she was a very talented actress who really didn't get enough credit and didn't get the chance to express her full capabilities whilst she was alive.

It really pisses me off though that a great actress like Richardson spends two days in hospital dies... and then a low-life nobody like Jade Goody, who only became famous from making an arse of herself on a reality TV program, had months and months to live and is receiving too much sympathy from the general public... particularly single mothers :)

Oh well at least some of the attention is off Goody now... the attention-craving cow's probably cursing at the TV as we speak....

Yes, it is ironic that at this of all times, someone of genuine talent will get a brief mention before coverage resumes on Goody...

If she'd previously been an Israeli PM, she'd still be plugged in to the Matrix and twitching for a long time to come.