DevonDeathTrip

The Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Thread

I was thinking of coming with a deadpool theme team comprised of people with a surname beginning with Z. However I am struggling a bit, the only ones I've thought of so far are:

Velimir Zajec - former Portsmouth manager, ill with motor neurone disease

Efrem Zimbalist - Actor

And that's it.

Wikipedia has a massive list of live Zs, but I can't be bothered to trawl through all of it. I need more old and ill Zs. (Not dead Zs, they can go on the dead thread) any suggestions would be gratefully received

If this goes the way of the last thread I started (about Fleetwood Mac) I'll be very disappointed.

• Like 1

Mario Zagallo must be getting on a bit...

Would Z-car actors qualify? There's still quite a few about.

Maybe extend it to First and Last names?

Zsa Zsa being the obvious pick

Zinedine Zidane? OK, not old or ill, but he's French so someone's bound to want to shoot him sooner or later.

Saul Zaentz is 88, has certainly slowed down since 1996 and would definitely be famous enough to get an obit under many different criteria. I've had him on my list for a while, albeit low on it.

Franco Zeffirelli was on my list a bit too - 86 and quite famous - but he seems to be fairly active these days.

American Olympic athlete and WWII POW Louis Zamperini, currently aged 92, would get American obits, but not likely British ones.

Zeke Zarchy, currently 93, would be a greater way to throw in a jazz player but he might struggle to get an obit even in the U.S. and he seems to be doing alright given his age.

Émile Derlin Zinsou, former President of Benin, 91, would likely get an international obit, but I don't know about his health.

Eva Zeisel, the 102-year-old Hungarian industrial designer has a fair, but not guaranteed, chance of swinging some good obits.

Mexican historian Silvio Zavala just turned 100, but I doubt he'd pull many obits.

Zheng Ji (Zheng is his family name) is a well-known Chinese biochemist and, at age 108, could go at any time. Not sure, again, about obit chances though.

Those are the names that came to mind anyhow.

Eva Zeller, born 1923 - German novelist, slim obit chances though, she's hardly Gunther Grass.

How about Anthony Zerbe - Actor D.O.B. 20th May 1936...

I think he's still alive and kicking.....I remember him in a film called The Omega Man along with Charlton Heston in the main role...

I seem to remember reading, years ago, that the last name in an American phone book was Zeke Zzzypt. Certainly not famous, but possibly famous for being last?

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Keep them coming and I'll have a pretty good theme team.

HCW, Zeke Zzzypt was outdone by Zachary Zzzzzzzzzra of San Francisco.

Move over, Zeke Zzzypt of Chicago and Vladimir Zzzyd of Miami. Few have proved more zealous in trying to be the last personal name in a local telephone book than Zachary Zzzzzzzzzra, who has brought up the rear of San Francisco's directory for eight of the past 15 years. Several years ago, when he was just plain Zachary Zzzra, Zzzzzzzzzra discovered to his sorrow that he had been zapped from last place by Zelda Zzzwramp, and so he added another z to his name. Last year, as Zzzzra. he was infuriated when he lost put to Vladimir Zzzzzzabakov. This year, he outztripped all rivals by becoming Zzzzzzzzzra and once again won the last word.

The last person to appear in Wikipedia's list of 351,710 living people is the completely unfamous American law professor and bankruptcy expert Todd J. Zywicki. While checking out the mind boggling long list of Zs on Wiki, I noticed one or two fine names; Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart, Katarzyna Ewa Zdanowicz-Cyganiak and Protais Zigiranyirazo to name but a few.

Of the 100,000+ posts made on DL, I reckon this one has more Zs than any other.6.gif

Guest Zardoz
Thanks for the ideas everyone. Keep them coming and I'll have a pretty good theme team.

Move over, Zeke Zzzypt of Chicago and Vladimir Zzzyd of Miami. Few have proved more zealous in trying to be the last personal name in a local telephone book than Zachary Zzzzzzzzzra, who has brought up the rear of San Francisco's directory for eight of the past 15 years. Several years ago, when he was just plain Zachary Zzzra, Zzzzzzzzzra discovered to his sorrow that he had been zapped from last place by Zelda Zzzwramp, and so he added another z to his name. Last year, as Zzzzra. he was infuriated when he lost put to Vladimir Zzzzzzabakov. This year, he outztripped all rivals by becoming Zzzzzzzzzra and once again won the last word.

The last person to appear in Wikipedia's list of 351,710 living people is the completely unfamous American law professor and bankruptcy expert Todd J. Zywicki. While checking out the mind boggling long list of Zs on Wiki, I noticed one or two fine names; Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart, Katarzyna Ewa Zdanowicz-Cyganiak and Protais Zigiranyirazo to name but a few.

Of the 100,000+ posts made on DL, I reckon this one has more Zs than any other.6.gif

Zzzzzzzzzzzz... smileyYawning.gif

Guest Guest

Peter Zalk has Alzheimer's disease.

Oh, I disagree. Banshees' posts are full of zzzzzs.

• Like 1

Velimir Zajec - former Portsmouth manager, ill with motor neurone disease

Efrem Zimbalist - Actor

Well I picked him - as joker - in 2008 on the strength of a Croatian article but to be honest, I've not seen any other confirmation. Zajec did leave his last job "due to ill health" but he was working as a TV pundit in 2007/2008 so.. I'm not sure. He remains high up in my list however. :lol:

G'Day again everyone.

Talking about people starting with 'Z' 2 people come to mind.

American Professor, author and Historian Howard Zinn (86) - there is a biography of him on Wiki.

Also a must have on the list of people with Z last names is Catherine Zeta-Jones-Douglas-Sheherazade-Chirsty-Mariette-Beatriz-Maya-Kitty-Maya-Victoria Chapman-Eustacia Vye-Catherine II-Chloe-Sala-Isabella Paradine-Elena Montero / Elena Murrieta (Elena de la Vega)-Zorro-Banderas-Virginia Baker-Theo-Charlie Nicholson-Helena Ayala-Gwen Harrison-Velma Kelly-Marina-Marylin Rexroth-Amelia Warren-Isabel Lahiri-Clooney-Elena de la Vega Murrieta-Kate Armstrong-Mary McGarvie-Sandy-No doubt more to come (39)

She's still a long way off DL though.

What about ZZ Top?

Gerhard Zwerenz - yet another DDR author, he also had some bit parts in some Fassbinder films so he is a bit more well known in the West, born in 1925.

I'm not dredging these up out of no-where, I'm doing an essay on translating East German literature for the Andlo-America readership so each time a Z name comes up who's old I'll let you know.

Zeke Zarchy, currently 93, would be a greater way to throw in a jazz player but he might struggle to get an obit even in the U.S. and he seems to be doing alright given his age.

Well I was half right. Dead within a month of me posting this (scroll down a bit) but, aside from this notice and one on the Google obituaries group, I haven't seen anything in the way of an obituary yet.

While checking out the mind boggling long list of Zs on Wiki, I noticed one or two fine names; Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart, Katarzyna Ewa Zdanowicz-Cyganiak and Protais Zigiranyirazo to name but a few.

Morning Glory Zell-Ravenheart has apparently been suffering from multiple myeloma since 2006. She and her husband Oberon (a colon cancer survivor) founded their own religion, The Church of All Worlds, but she is best known for her creation of "Lancelot The Living Unicorn" (created by minor surgery to the horn buds of a goat).