themaninblack

Hooroo, Mate.

Have we gone a wee bit off topic here??

Have we gone a wee bit off topic here??

Indeed. Shouldn't it be Sayonara?

Chopper Read Update

A short documentary airred Thursday in Australia called Chopper Sings The Blues about " using his dying breaths" to record a country blues album. No word as of yet if he has planned a duet with Lady Gaga or Nelson Mandela.

Sadly, it seems to be a bit more credible this time because it chimes with the report in Captain Chorizo's post of him becoming very jaundiced since February and failing to keep his thoughts together.

I hope the last article is true. With half the people alive from my ddp team being in remission any chances I have of winning or even finishing in the top 3 largely rest on Chopper going before the year is out.

You would never have that happening in the British Labour Party. Bunch of softies in comparison to their Australian cousins. The Conservatives on the other hand...

Okay, so you would have heard by now that Rudd and Gillard have both been consigned to the dustbin of history and that Tony "The Mad Monk" Abbot is the new prime minister. He is an arch-conservative drop-out Roman Catholic seminarian.

Also, a very bizarre bunch of fringe-dwellers have been elected to the senate, including:

a bogan/chav from a "motoring enthusiast party" who was filmed flinging around kangaroo faeces with his friends: http://www.abc.net.a...enthusi/4945886

a libertarian gun nut: http://www.abc.net.a...-senate/4945080

a nutty ex-army bitch: http://www.abc.net.a...ys-club/4945574

a celebrity candidate former rugby league player who was nicknamed "the brick with eyes": http://www.abc.net.a...ensland/4945782

and someone from a "sports" party no one had ever heard of before last night who is a former gridiron player: http://www.abc.net.a...o-learn/4945158

They will be joining a senator from the small, Roman Catholic Church-affiliated DLP on the cross benches and hold the balance of power between them. :o I'd rather have your Monster Raving Loony Party than these tossers. At least they didn't take themselves seriously.

In the Lower House, the eccentric, bombastic billionaire Clive Palmer is also likely to be elected (although counting is continuing.) For those of you who haven't heard of Palmer, by "eccentric" I mean:

1. He is building "Titanic 2": http://www.abc.net.a...tanic-2/4542088 and https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Titanic_II

2. He is building the world's biggest dinosaur park: http://www.abc.net.a...no-park/4842292 and http://www.theaustra...f-1226609040256

3. He accused the CIA of funding the Greens: http://www.abc.net.a...-by-cia/3901920 and http://www.abc.net.a...-claims/3903796

4. He claims Rupert Murdoch's ex-wife is a Chinese spy: http://www.abc.net.a...s-a-spy/4936982

Back on topic for DeathList, Palmer is actually a good potential pick. He is obese and seems to have high blood pressure, given he often looks very flushed on television. He takes on high-pressure jobs and loses his cool easily so he seems to me like a heart attack waiting to happen.

Also, given the interest in Gough Whitlam and other Aussie politicians on this list, I though of putting together a list of opposition leaders who never became PM. Most of them are young though, so there aren't many interesting pickings but here are the failed contenders:

Bill Hayden (ALP, born 1933.) Went on to become Governor-General, so a very good change of a UK obit.

Andrew Peacock (Liberal, born 1939.) Most famous outside of Australia for shagging Shirley MacLaine.

John Hewson (Liberal, born 1949). Most famous for losing an election pronounced unloseable. The last moderate leader of the Liberal Party before they went hardline right-wing.

Alexander Downer (Liberal, born 1951.) No known health issues (and no known conscience.)

Kim Beazley (ALP, born 1948). Very large man and had polio as a child. No other known health problems though.

Simon Crean (ALP, born 1949.) No known health issues.

Mark Latham (ALP, born 1961.) No known health issues. Has broken a taxi driver's arm and smashed a paparazzo's camera in the past, so will probably die in a brawl somewhere. ;)

Brendan Nelson (Liberal, born 1958.) No known health issues.

Malcom Turnbull (Liberal, born 1954). No known health issue but a good chance for a UK obit if something ever happens to him for, as a lawyer, he defended Peter Wright (Spycatcher), worked as a high profile investment banker and, most significantly of all, was chairman of the Australian Republican Movement. He also tried to pull the Liberal Party back from the hard right stance they had taken under John Howard, but failed miserably.

As I was saying, slim pickings there in terms of the likelihood of any of them dying anytime soon but worthy of cataloguing for the future nonetheless.

Also, a very bizarre bunch of fringe-dwellers have been elected to the senate, including:

I voted HEMP...http://australianhempparty.com/ don't think they made it in though :unsure:

Bill Hayden (ALP, born 1933.) Went on to become Governor-General, so a very good change of a UK obit.

Andrew Peacock (Liberal, born 1939.) Most famous outside of Australia for shagging Shirley MacLaine.

John Hewson (Liberal, born 1949). Most famous for losing an election pronounced unloseable. The last moderate leader of the Liberal Party before they went hardline right-wing.

Alexander Downer (Liberal, born 1951.) No known health issues (and no known conscience.)

Kim Beazley (ALP, born 1948). Very large man and had polio as a child. No other known health problems though.

Mark Latham (ALP, born 1961.) No known health issues. Has broken a taxi driver's arm and smashed a paparazzo's camera in the past, so will probably die in a brawl somewhere. ;)

Malcom Turnbull (Liberal, born 1954). No known health issue but a good chance for a UK obit if something ever happens to him for, as a lawyer, he defended Peter Wright (Spycatcher), worked as a high profile investment banker and, most significantly of all, was chairman of the Australian Republican Movement. He also tried to pull the Liberal Party back from the hard right stance they had taken under John Howard, but failed miserably.

As I was saying, slim pickings there in terms of the likelihood of any of them dying anytime soon but worthy of cataloguing for the future nonetheless.

Also this is quite a list here...although I think most still have many good years left in them, remembering what could have been.

To all Australians who may be reading this -

Tony "The Mad Monk" Abbot is the new prime minister.

Good Luck with that.

• Like 1

Also this is quite a list here...although I think most still have many good years left in them, remembering what could have been.

Yes, we sure do have a big turnover. I wonder who will be up next? Albanese or Shorten, I guess.

As I said previously, I definitely think Clive Palmer is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Yes, we sure do have a big turnover. I wonder who will be up next? Albanese or Shorten, I guess.

As I said previously, I definitely think Clive Palmer is a heart attack waiting to happen.

Indeed, or someone could always see Abbott on his bike and run him down with their car.

The ALP need to pick a new leader and sick with them. I for one like Albanese, who at least has some character about him, whereas Shorten reminds me more of a funeral parlor director, the kind of bloke who haunts children in their sleep. They need to find their base again, and galvanize their policies (none of this hesitation or indecisiveness), stability and consistencies will be key to beating Abbott in 2016. Plus Albo can run with the slogan "easy peasy Albanese."

• Like 1

John Hipwell

The scrum half who played 36 tests for the Wallabies, 9 of them as captain, has died aged 65.

Joyce Jacobs aka Esme from A Country Practise has died aged 91 http://www.heraldsun...a-1226720847903

This brought back memories for me, having lived in Australia in the early 80s, and it got me thinking about Mrs Mangel. Now, when I got divorced about 5 years ago, I changed my surname, but didn't want to go back to my maiden name, and so had the opportunity to pick whatever name I liked (Smith, for the record). Very soon after changing my name, I met my current fuckbuddy, . I have just had a conversation with him, and asked him if I had changed my name to Mrs Mangel would he have still fancied me, and he said no!

IF ONLY I'D PICKED MANGEL!

• Like 1

Joyce Jacobs aka Esme from A Country Practise has died aged 91 http://www.heraldsun...a-1226720847903

This brought back memories for me, having lived in Australia in the early 80s, and it got me thinking about Mrs Mangel. Now, when I got divorced about 5 years ago, I changed my surname, but didn't want to go back to my maiden name, and so had the opportunity to pick whatever name I liked (Smith, for the record). Very soon after changing my name, I met my current fuckbuddy, . I have just had a conversation with him, and asked him if I had changed my name to Mrs Mangel would he have still fancied me, and he said no!

I used to like A Country Practice, Sons and Daughters and Young Doctors, quality Aussie tat.

Thank you

LFN.

PS: I wonder if the wombat who played a supporting role in ACP is still alive.

Anybody?

• Like 1

It was probably that your first name is Massivetits that got you the gig, though! :D

Mind you, Massivetits Mangel does have a ring to it, like out of a Russ Meyer film...

• Like 1

It was probably that your first name is Massivetits that got you the gig, though! :D

Mind you, Massivetits Mangel does have a ring to it, like out of a Russ Meyer film...

How did you know, my first name IS Massivetits!

Sadly my middle name is Massiverbelly.

• Like 1

Breaking news for those of you watching Chopper Read is that he has been taken into hospital this afternoon. The early news reports are sketchy but it sounds like his time might be drawing to an end.

Check out the video. They said he'll be moved to palliative care tomorrow. And they run a recent video clip of him where he looks a lot like Dennis Hopper did a month or two before he died.

Oh, fuck. That's a bit sad isn't it. Another colourful character in the ground.

Chopper Read is a member of my DDP main team, so I'm following developments with much interest.

regards,

Hein

Chopper Read is a member of my DDP main team, so I'm following developments with much interest.

regards,

Hein

As am I...him being my joker and all.

Check out the video. They said he'll be moved to palliative care tomorrow. And they run a recent video clip of him where he looks a lot like Dennis Hopper did a month or two before he died.

Oh, fuck. That's a bit sad isn't it. Another colourful character in the ground.

Yeah I get all choked up about sadistic career criminals

• Like 1