themaninblack

Hooroo, Mate.

Graham Richardson? Ray Lawler?

Edit: Ah, you thought about the Death List, not your own list. Well, neither of my suggestions is famous enough for the Death List.

I am starting to think about the 2016 list a little...

Who could be the token Australian (besides Clive James)? With so many candidates like Bart Cummings, Ritchie Benaud and Joan Kirner going, there aren't that many left. Some possibilities from most to least likely:

Jeanne Little

Bishop Geoffrey Robinson

Frank Lowy

Lou Richards

Rolf Harris

Neil Harvey

Bob Hawke

Bert Newton

Any other ideas?

From that list I think Bob Hawke would be the best pick.

Jeanne Little would be a good pick due to the fact she is likely to die soon due to being in the final stages of Alzheimer`s for over a year now.Is she famous enough for the list though?

Jeanne Little would be a good pick due to the fact she is likely to die soon due to being in the final stages of Alzheimer`s for over a year now.Is she famous enough for the list though?

Yes, if she lasts the next three months, she will be a certainty for 2016. Yes, I am not sure if she ever became internationally famous - I doubt it. It is a pity, as the English love a good eccentric and we all know Jeanne is very, very eccentric. :D

I suppose it will come down to a choice between the DL Committee balancing a near-certain hit against Jeanne's international fame level.

In terms of international fame, Frank Lowy, Bob Hawke and Rolf Harris are the three big names there and, out of them, Frank Lowy seems the strongest possibility. A former drunkard like Hawke could drop at any time but he has lasted well up until now.

@gcreptile - Yes, forgot about Graham Richardson. What is wrong with Ray Lawler (aside from age)?

Yes, if she lasts the next three months, she will be a certainty for 2016. Yes, I am not sure if she ever became internationally famous - I doubt it. It is a pity, as the English love a good eccentric and we all know Jeanne is very, very eccentric. :D

I suppose it will come down to a choice between the DL Committee balancing a near-certain hit against Jeanne's international fame level.

Turns out that Jeanne once recorded a song...

In terms of international fame, Frank Lowy, Bob Hawke and Rolf Harris are the three big names there and, out of them, Frank Lowy seems the strongest possibility. A former drunkard like Hawke could drop at any time but he has lasted well up until now.

@gcreptile - Yes, forgot about Graham Richardson. What is wrong with Ray Lawler (aside from age)?

I don't know, just age... I have him in my list because he'd probably be a unique hit (not anymore?).

I'm afraid I have no idea who she is.

• Like 1

I only know her from Death List research but have in previous years have not known who DL candidates have been.

Thanks for that... 100% totally dreadful. Fully deserves a place on my team.

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia, she did grace England's shores at least once: "... her appearance on the BBC's Michael Parkinson variety show so startled London critics she had the London Evening News saying: "What a woman! With her in the house you wouldn't want a TV." Among the overseas guests she has appeared with are Phyllis Diller, George Burns and Danny La Rue."

Basically, she was a very, very eccentric Sydney fashion designer who came on a talk show as a guest one time and was so popular that they kept inviting her back and she ended up with her own talk show.

Think Dame Edna Everage except, whilst Dame Edna was just a bloke in drag playing a part, Jeanne was a woman and the real thing (not putting on an act). :blink:

Cheers for this!I can`t get it out my fucking head as much as I wish I could as it is worse than hearing nails scrape a blackboard!Digital spy have covered her failing health twice in the last few years.I suppose that could be counted as making her death likely to be reported in the UK media.

• Like 1

Cheers for this!I can`t get it out my fucking head as much as I wish I could as it is worse than hearing nails scrape a blackboard!Digital spy have covered her failing health twice in the last few years.I suppose that could be counted as making her death likely to be reported in the UK media.

My work here is done... :D

• Like 1

High-profile sex worker and activist for the legalization of prostitution in Australia, Pippa O'Sullivan, known to her clients as Grace Bellavue, has committed suicide at 28:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3272556/Famous-sex-worker-Pippa-O-Sullivan-dies-mental-health-battle.html

I looked for a sex worker thread, and figured the "down under" thread is good enough.

As Digital Spy is the only UK site to have an article about her ,the chances she gets a qualifying UK Obit are very iffy. The deathlist committee picking her would be a Dennis"Fergie" Frederiksen situation all over again.

A post in the Gough Williams topic led me to this news about the Netherlands' most wanted nazi.

Well done, but I would have been more pleased if the headline read: "Geert Wilders drowned".

During a discussion at work today about Captain Beaky looked up Keith Michell - turns 89 at the beginning of next month. Retired in 2010.

A couple of Australian deaths in the last 24 hours or so.

Tragically (especially coinciding with Melbourne Cup day), former Brisbane-based jockey, Tim Bell, has died after a fall from a high rise building in Singapore. He was 22.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-04/brisbane-jockey-tim-bell-dies-in-high-rise-fall-in-singapore/6910406

Less tragically, Judy Cassab, 2 time winner of the Archibald prize (Australia's premier art prize for portraiture) has died aged 95.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-03/acclaimed-portrait-painter-judy-cassab-dies-aged-95/6909614

Aussie journalist/campaigner Adele Horin has updated her website to announce she is suffering from a recurrence of lung cancer and that her prognosis is poor. Her illness has been mentioned in the Daily Mail and I would imagine they will note her inevitable demise as well in their handy for deadpoolers Australian section.

Dutch Australian filmmaker Paul Cox is also apparently dying as cancer spreads to his transplanted liver.

Also, horse trainer Phil Sly has been in a long battle with cancer: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/vic-racing/lumosty-gives-phil-sly-the-will-to-fight-in-his-battle-with-cancer/news-story/263bb86eace91d3da20b91a96f5e01ca