themaninblack

Hooroo, Mate.

I am an age where I watched Kingswood Country as a kid. Still quote it often, especially when my wife asks "How was your day?"

"Bloody shambles of course!"

Not the sort of show that you could (or should) make these days but entertaining in its own way.

• Like 1

I am an age where I watched Kingswood Country as a kid. Still quote it often, especially when my wife asks "How was your day?"

"Bloody shambles of course!"

Not the sort of show that you could (or should) make these days but entertaining in its own way.

My dad loved this show. He still quotes it now. Money on the fridge, wog!

They have repeated Kingswood Country on the digital channels and I will say it hasn't aged well. They tried making a spin-off in the 90s which they called "Bullpitt!" which didn't last long. I think I only watched it once or twice, but sanitising the show to make it more palatable to the more politically correct audience just made it a very sad imitation of itself.

This one is a truly awful death. An elderly former member of the Socceroos (Australia's national football team) died when the hospital accidentally plugged his oxygen supply into his catheter, blowing up his bladder:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-24/socceroo-dies-in-hospital-after-bladder-bursts/7959642

• Like 1

Yet more quality contenders:Bart Cummings - born 1927 - most famous and successful horse trainer in Australian history.

No more annual health check photos. RIP Bart. Yet another big Aussie death for this year: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-30/bart-cummings-dies-aged-87/6735292

Detailed obit now up: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-30/bart-cummings-a-legend-of-his-time/6735314

Now Bart's children are fighting over the inheritance. They are like horses pigs at a feeding trough:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-28/bart-cummings'-children-fight-over-estate/7973878

For what it is worth (not much I suppose, really) here is my list of Aussie for 2016:

Darrell Eastlake

Jeanne Little

Bob Hawke

Dame Beryl Beaurepaire

Betty Cuthbert

Len Maddocks

Ugly Dave Gray

Johnny Famechon

Brian Henderson

Neil Harvey

Noel Kelly

Thomas Michael "Mick" Keneally

Col Joy

Clive James

Elisabeth Kirkby - actress, politician, Ph.D

Margaret Reid – Ex Senator

Keith Payne

Joy McKean

Lana Cantrell (not sure if she is still an Aussie since moving to N.Y. years ago)

Lou Richards

only one person has died in nearly a year !(Len Maddocks)

• Like 1

For what it is worth (not much I suppose, really) here is my list of Aussie for 2016:

Darrell Eastlake

Jeanne Little

Bob Hawke

Dame Beryl Beaurepaire

Betty Cuthbert

Len Maddocks

Ugly Dave Gray

Johnny Famechon

Brian Henderson

Neil Harvey

Noel Kelly

Col Joy

Clive James

Keith Payne

Joy McKean

Lana Cantrell (not sure if she is still an Aussie since moving to N.Y. years ago)

Lou Richards

Bloody terrible if you ask me - thought James would have gone by now for sure; and Famo has been ill since being hit by a car a few yrs ago, but obviously is a tough little bugger!!

Two-for-one deal here as writer/broadcaster Anne Deveson dies aged 86, 3. days after her daughter, author Georgia Blain dies aged 51.

Darrell Eastlake

Jeanne Little

Bob Hawke

Dame Beryl Beaurepaire

Betty Cuthbert

Len Maddocks

Ugly Dave Gray

Johnny Famechon

Brian Henderson

Neil Harvey

Noel Kelly

Col Joy

Clive James

Keith Payne

Joy McKean

Lou Richards

Bloody terrible if you ask me - thought James would have gone by now for sure; and Famo has been ill since being hit by a car a few yrs ago, but obviously is a tough little bugger!!

Yes, it is incredible that Jeanne and Darryl are still holding on. Meanwhile, who could ever have predicted that someone like Jon English would have gone this year. :(

Darrell Eastlake

Jeanne Little

Bob Hawke

Dame Beryl Beaurepaire

Betty Cuthbert

Len Maddocks

Ugly Dave Gray

Johnny Famechon

Brian Henderson

Neil Harvey

Noel Kelly

Col Joy

Clive James

Keith Payne

Joy McKean

Lou Richards

Yes, it is incredible that Jeanne and Darryl are still holding on. Meanwhile, who could ever have predicted that someone like Jon English would have gone this year. :(

Agree re English. And who knew Anne Deveson was so old. Is it worth putting a list in for next year or not?? My number pick would be Bill Collins.....

Yes, go for it. Bob Hawke was a mess earlier this week too, if you saw the news footage of him at the Woodford Folk Festival. Very frail and rambling and he tried to advocate turning Australia into a nuclear waste dump in front of an audience of mostly hippies(!!!) so he is really losing the plot.

He's meant to have gone down hill considerably since his wife died, Hawke. Whitlam didn't show up on the Deathlist till he was 96, I wouldn't bet on Hawke getting anywhere near that.

• Like 1

I think this might have slipped through the cracks but, I just read on another site that two members of Daddy Cool died in the year:

Wayne Duncan on Dec 5

Ross Hannaford in March.

I think this might have slipped through the cracks but, I just read on another site that two members of Daddy Cool died in the year:

Wayne Duncan on Dec 5

Ross Hannaford in March.

We're better than that, both deaths have been reported on the site. Huzzah for us!

• Like 1

Wayne Duncan on Dec 5

Ross Hannaford in March.

We're better than that, both deaths have been reported on the site. Huzzah for us!

Pity the search functionality is so lousy though! :D
  • Like 1

I mentioned one, and gcreptile nabbed a unique hit on the DDP with the other. Which was one of the calls of the season imo, as nearly every other top 20 team must have gone "yep, he's a goner, but no chance of an obit"...

• Like 3

AUSSIE LIST FOR 2017

Darrell Eastlake

Jeanne Little

Bob Hawke

Dame Beryl Beaurepaire

Betty Cuthbert

Ugly Dave Gray

Clive James

Marjorie Jackson-Nelson

Lou Richards

Neil Harvey

Tamie Fraser

Ken Done

Graeme Langlands

Ben Cousins

Sir Ninian Stephen

Peter Hollingworth

George Pell

Marlene Matthews

Dawn Fraser

Dame Margaret Guilfoyle

Edited by WhoamI
  • Like 1

Good list overall but I think Pell is foxing the Royal Commission with his "heart condition". I had to look up Langlands as I didn't know who he was (I am from an AFL state originally). Dawn Fraser's death would be a mercy on us all (I can't stand the woman! :D By contrast, I know someone who once met Betty Cuthbert and says she is a lovely lady.)

• Like 1

Good list overall but I think Pell is foxing the Royal Commission with his "heart condition". I had to look up Langlands as I didn't know who he was (I am from an AFL state originally). Dawn Fraser's death would be a mercy on us all (I can't stand the woman! :D By contrast, I know someone who once met Betty Cuthbert and says she is a lovely lady.)

Cuthbert has been getting full time care now, I believe for a few years. Think the MS might win soon unfortunately. Pell is definitely wishful thinking.... bastard should come home and face the courts, though maybe the Catholic will serve it own verdict and slip something into his wine. Fraser - well she does have a big mouth about some things but also living with her daughter now I think.

I was confused! :P The person my friend met was Glynnis Nunn, not Betty Cuthbert. Glynnis is apparently really nice.