themaninblack

Hooroo, Mate.

On 29/09/2018 at 21:27, Sir Creep said:

So the tyre chain's main Jane who's a pain was deign to breath again?

Sorry to puncture your good mood but this is where the rubber meets the road so stop retreading tyred old jokes. They are flat. You need to be more slick than that.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2018 at 09:54, Dr_T said:

Australian sports journalist and Normie Rowe puncher has died aged 89.

They should have given him a medal for that!

• Like 1

On 07/10/2018 at 13:52, alt obits guy said:

Quentin Kenihan, an entertainer and disabilities advocate, has died.  He was 43.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/latest-news/disability-advocate-quentin-kenihan-dies/news-story/1002a9bb2ce3fdb209bd40efd189801f

No reaction so far from the guy who gave him a national platform, Mike Willesee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

No reaction so far from the guy who gave him a national platform, Mike Willesee.

To nick a crap joke from earlier discussions: Willesee 2019?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There is this one tweet indicating he has reacted, can't check the linked article though due to subscription stuff:

22 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

There is this one tweet indicating he has reacted, can't check the linked article though due to subscription stuff:

For some reason, I can read it. They misspelt the name "Mike Willisee". No health indication, but at least something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Cuz he has one foot in dat grave too, him. (That’s Cajun speak).

Don't know if ayone already reported this, but Moi Yo Miller has died at 104.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 13:29, WhoamI said:

AUSSIE LIST FOR 2017

Darrell Eastlake

Jeanne Little

Bob Hawke

Dame Beryl Beaurepaire

Betty Cuthbert

Ugly Dave Gray

Clive James

Marjorie Jackson-Nelson

Lou Richards

Neil Harvey

Tamie Fraser

Ken Done

Graeme Langlands

Ben Cousins

Sir Ninian Stephen

Peter Hollingworth

George Pell

Marlene Matthews

Dawn Fraser

Dame Margaret Guilfoyle

Better late than never- Dame Beryl Beaurepaire has died at 95 http://tributes.theage.com.au/obituaries/theage-au/obituary.aspx?pid=190599008

The Wave of Aussie Directors from the 70's who crossed over to Hollywood are all starting to get up in years. While none of these lads have any health problems that I am aware of,they are worth keeping on the radar the next few years.

George Miller-73
Peter Weir-74
Simon Wincer-75
Bruce Beresford-78
Fred Schepisi-78
Carl Schultz-79

• Like 3

Roger Donaldson too. He's in his 70s. 72 I think. Perhaps more seen as a Kiwi, but he was born in Victoria I believe.

Any Aussies keen on putting together a semi-official ANZAC list for 2019? I think I suggested such earlier in the year, but had already missed the boat for 2018.

• Like 1

Love the idea of a ANZAC list for 2019 - be in it for sure.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 05:49, CaptainChorizo said:

The Wave of Aussie Directors from the 70's who crossed over to Hollywood are all starting to get up in years. While none of these lads have any health problems that I am aware of,they are worth keeping on the radar the next few years.

George Miller-73
Peter Weir-74
Simon Wincer-75
Bruce Beresford-78
Fred Schepisi-78
Carl Schultz-79

Gillian Armstrong is 67; Jane Campion - 62;  Ana Kokkinos - 60; Jocely Moorhouse - 60 & Pamela Rabe (Canadian born but now lives in Australia) 59.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 20:53, WhoamI said:

Love the idea of a ANZAC list for 2019 - be in it for sure.

Cool. What's the best way to go about it. Anyone interested send me a list of 50 ANZAC celebs in some kind of order and I'll combine them together, resend the prioritised list together and we can debate any required adjustments?

Sound reasonable?

• Like 1

Could crosspost with Folk yer surprised are still alive thread, but Reg Watson, one time producer of Crossroads and creator of Prisoner Cell Block H and Neighbours is apparently still alive aged 92.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2018 at 22:04, gcreptile said:

I think that's stretching the definition of a celeb...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:
On 18/11/2018 at 06:04, gcreptile said:

I think that's stretching the definition of a celeb...

No pain, no gain.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2018 at 06:48, Heef said:

Cool. What's the best way to go about it. Anyone interested send me a list of 50 ANZAC celebs in some kind of order and I'll combine them together, resend the prioritised list together and we can debate any required adjustments?

Sound reasonable?

What do you mean by ANZAC list? Do you mean Aussie and New Zealand celebs in general or actual soldiers? This isn't the US - we don't give a rat's arse about soldiers. I'd be hard pressed to think of more than about five - Peter Cosgrove, one or two who are now politicians, and Victoria Cross winner/alleged war criminal Ben Roberts-Smith.

EDIT: It turns out that, in breaking news, more war crimes allegations are emerging against the tosser:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/police-investigate-ben-roberts-smith-over-alleged-war-crimes-20181126-p50ihb.html

As the Germans say, „Soldaten sind Mörder“.

• Like 1

Since we are all here chatting on the Aussie thread presently.....

Former Essendon coach James Hird is recovering in hospital after being hit by a car while cycling in Melbourne’s inner-suburbs yesterday.  The collision happened in Richmond about 3pm.  Hird, 45, was taken to the Epworth Hospital with injuries to his wrist and knee.

SC

10 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

What do you mean by ANZAC list? Do you mean Aussie and New Zealand celebs in general or actual soldiers? This isn't the US - we don't give a rat's arse about soldiers. I'd be hard pressed to think of more than about five - Peter Cosgrove, one or two who are now politicians, and Victoria Cross winner/alleged war criminal Ben Roberts-Smith.

EDIT: It turns out that, in breaking news, more war crimes allegations are emerging against the tosser:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/police-investigate-ben-roberts-smith-over-alleged-war-crimes-20181126-p50ihb.html

As the Germans say, „Soldaten sind Mörder“.

Not soldiers, just Aussie or Kiwi celebrities who’d get a mention on the main news sources in either country ( list of sources tbc)

• Like 2

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:38, gcreptile said:

Barry Du Bois cancer update:

https://startsat60.com/health/big-issues/cancer/loads-of-diarrhoea-and-nausea-barry-du-bois-latest-cancer-update

Lots of info, a medical expert could probably tell where this is going, I can't.

Barry Du Bois + Daily Mail Coverage = Drop 40 2019?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6426187/The-Living-Rooms-Barry-Du-Bois-reflects-terminal-cancer-diagnosis.html

39 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Was really hoping that update would stay off the forums...

• Like 1

Actress Judy McBurney , maybe best known for playing Pixie Mason on Prisoner Cell Block H has died aged 70. Quite sad, it was a ridiculous character but she always seemed so full of life.  https://startsat60.com/news/celebrity/prisoner-star-judy-mcburney-dies-aged-70-following-cancer-battle

• Like 1
  • Sad 1