themaninblack

Hooroo, Mate.

ewontsee 2020.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2018 at 13:19, Sir Creep said:

A few folks have chosen John 'Cocksy' Cocks for one pool or another (he is on Gris Gris for example).
By the sounds of this, he is fine.  Looks like you can pencil him for a health review in 2019.
SC

Sir Creep: Right as rain.

On 01/03/2019 at 13:19, YoungWillz said:

Let's not forget the classic "Willesee versus Skyhooks" interview (which is the Australian equivalent of "Grundy versus Sex Pistols"):

Part 1 (introduction and song):

Part 2 (the interview - even today it is painful to watch the two most famous people in the country at the time go head to head :D):

On 27/02/2019 at 15:17, Sir Creep said:

Australian rockstar John Farnham has been rushed to hospital, forcing him to postpone his upcoming New Zealand shows.

The 69-year-old was scheduled to open for the Eagles in Dunedin on Saturday, before performing his own shows in Wellington and Auckland next week.

But it has now been revealed the legendary singer has been hospitalised with a severe infection after having minor surgery two weeks ago.
SC

One link in a chain reaction?

I'll get me coat.

53 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Well shit....I just checked on my entire Cup team hours ago pre-drinking.  Capon was wearin the green, singing  Wild Colonial Boy, and dancing a series o Irish reels.

i sign on and see a QO.  His St Pats Day slightly tougher than mine b’Jaysus. 

SC

Things not looking good for Tom Long.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/seachange-star-tom-long-has-months-to-live/news-story/93975fb4a9436fee2809091c7c2e5f77

Would definitely expect him to QO for DDP mainly due to his regular cast role in Seachange where he was excellent.  Also good in the movie Two Hands which is one of my all-time favourite Australian movies.

Multi pronged Amy Longhurst has died.

Voiceover wifie, radio presenter and lately a budding popster.

http://radiotoday.com.au/voiceover-artist-amy-longhurst-has-passed-away/?utm_campaign=Radio Today&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue newsletter

Big bruiser Gerry Sidebottom deid from cancer aged 64.

https://au.networkofnews.com/australia-news/garry-sidebottoms-magnificent-career-remembered-5/

Lovely tale of him missing the team bus for a Prelim Final and being replaced at the last minute by a bloke who in a Gazzaesque way had just had half a chicken, chips, a large milkshake and had just smoked a 10 deck of Windsor Blue.

On 07/04/2009 at 06:02, Guest Grave Mistake said:

I have updated the list and put in nearly all the suggestions that everyone gave. (Couldn't find any info at all on Lenox's birthday.) I am going to leave the list like this since it is already massive! Of course, you are all free to go on making suggestions but this time I really am going back to being a lurker!

Here we go (drum roll, please...)

PRESENTING...

THE ONE AND ONLY DEFINITIVE EDITION OF...

THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN DEATHLIST!

(...)

On 07/04/2009 at 06:02, Guest Grave Mistake said:

Geoff Harvey 1938? Television band conductor.

(...)

Geoff Harvey dead at 83:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6867381/Musical-composer-Geoff-Harvey-passes-away-age-83.html

On 24/09/2018 at 21:57, gcreptile said:

Jeanne Little health update from her daughter who has a book out:

https://startsat60.com/health/big-issues/dementia/jeanne-little-health-update-katie-little-book

But I struggle to find anything new there.

Rather grim update on cult forum deadpool pick Jeanne Little here.

Basically: bedridden, no longer able to talk or communicate, spoonfed. Probably not got long left tbh.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Rather grim update on cult forum deadpool pick Jeanne Little here.

Basically: bedridden, no longer able to talk or communicate, spoonfed. Probably not got long left tbh.

Meh -- Bill Freehan has been like that for many months (at least 6).  Alzheimer's is too unpredictable.

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 01:31, YoungWillz said:

Barry Du Bois talks of his battle with depression: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6948773/I-refused-talk-Living-Rooms-Barry-Du-Bois-reveals-battle-depression.html

Looks like utter crap in the last photo on the story. But it might have been a Sunday...you know how you do...

On 19/04/2019 at 00:33, Sir Creep said:

Meh -- Bill Freehan has been like that for many months (at least 6).  Alzheimer's is too unpredictable.

She has been like that since at least 2014.

On 19/04/2019 at 00:33, Sir Creep said:

She has been like that since at least 2014.Also her daughter has said she wishes her mum could be euthanasia.Making it unlikely she would consider letting her go to hospital if she gets an infection.Also means she almost certainly has a DNAR.

I will have a barbie this weekend in his memory :bow: