themaninblack

Hooroo, Mate.

Australian novelist Peter Temple, aged 71.

Authors thread name too obviously but here for DJL - bigger name in Australia than here, apparently.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2011 at 07:34, Davey Jones' Locker said:

"Broadcaster Derryn Hinch has ended his five-month court-imposed silence by using his Twitter account.

On the stroke of midnight (AEDT), Hinch hit the Twitterverse with a tweet from his account, @humanheadline. "He's back. New Liver. New Life. Same old #Hinch. Fresh attack on bad law. And the magistrate was wrong. Life in this old bastard yet," he said."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-12-21/hinch-ends-five-months-silence-with-tweet/3741214

Back in the headlines:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-15/derryn-hinch-falls-from-car-brain-trauma-drinking-wine/9549716

Drinking after a liver transplant...

? Why else would you want a new one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, charon said:

? Why else would you want a new one?

At least he is giving it a good test drive.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 16:06, Joey Russ said:

John "Cocksy" Cocks and Tommy Raudonikis seems like good suggestions methinks...

A few folks have chosen John 'Cocksy' Cocks for one pool or another (he is on Gris Gris for example).
By the sounds of this, he is fine.  Looks like you can pencil him for a health review in 2019.
SC

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

A few folks have chosen John 'Cocksy' Cocks for one pool or another (he is on Gris Gris for example).
By the sounds of this, he is fine.  Looks like you can pencil him for a health review in 2019.
SC

Doesn't say anything different health wise than what is already known though. Still, I always thought he had a small chance of making it to 2019, so if he makes it then, it wouldn’t surprise me, but it’s not gonna be because of that article...

Will Darrell get a DDP QO?  Considered him in passing for this year....he has been in my 50 for a few years, but wasn't sure whether he was quite the obit material (despite being Australian-seems most half noteworthy Aussies get a mention). 

5 hours ago, Dr_T said:

Will Darrell get a DDP QO?  Considered him in passing for this year....he has been in my 50 for a few years, but wasn't sure whether he was quite the obit material (despite being Australian-seems most half noteworthy Aussies get a mention). 

Because he’s Australian, yes.

Former deputy premier and Labor stalwart Terry Mackenroth has revealed he has been diagnosed with a lung tumour.  Mr Mackenroth said the tumour was discovered while he was seeking treatment for pneumonia at the Mater Hospital last week.  It comes 20 years after he first fought and conquered lung cancer in 1998.
SC

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Former deputy premier and Labor stalwart Terry Mackenroth has revealed he has been diagnosed with a lung tumour.  Mr Mackenroth said the tumour was discovered while he was seeking treatment for pneumonia at the Mater Hospital last week.  It comes 20 years after he first fought and conquered lung cancer in 1998.
SC

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ36kPXOmIuUbWvtBzHw3p

On 11.4.2018 at 22:25, gcreptile said:

Fast track to Dignitas:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/30/david-goodall-australia-oldest-scientist-to-end-own-life-in-switzerland

Edit: Obviously easiest deadpooling points ever - too bad I already submitted everything.

Typical. After my team is sent, of course someone notable announces something that means their life is ending soon. :rolleyes:

That's not fair! I'm gonna kill him... ah, no.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:27, Sir Creep said:

SC

Days later...

Another one I didn’t include on my Windy City team, mostly due to not knowing what type of lung cancer he had...

Ha, I thought to myself "Vanessa Goodwin 2019?" when the news was announced. Guess not...

4 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Ha, I thought to myself "Vanessa Goodwin 2019?" when the news was announced. Guess not...

More like the Fiona Richardson of 2018 then...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

FFS! I just put him in my Deathlist Cup team about half an hour ago.  Back to the drawing board :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Another one I didn’t include on my Windy City team, mostly due to not knowing what type of lung cancer he had...

It was worse than the lung cancer he had 20 years ago.  I am certain of it.

58 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

FFS! I just put him in my Deathlist Cup team about half an hour ago.  Back to the drawing board :lol:

what time was it in Australia?  I think you got a winner chicken dinner lol.  Hey turn that thing in so I can field a team in 5-4-3-2-1 DP.  You got an hour.  lol.