Worthing Paul

The Chequered Flag

Frank Gardner, an unique pick on the DDP (not by me, though... though he was on my shortlist, but look what happened with Arundell... sod all <_< ), ex F1 driver, former British Touring Car Champion & all round good egg, has died, after a long illness.

Link

And because of this small mention on the BBC rolling sports coverage - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8227401.stm - about Mark Webber wearing a black armband - he gets an obit valid for the DDP!!!

Good stuff, but why couldn't Lewis bloody Hamilton wear one for Peter Arundell..... :bomb:

• Like 1

Got a news items this morning that eluded to last years Singapore GP, in that Renault asked Piquet to crash at just the right time in the race to best help Alonso to pit and then go on to win the race. Not just unsporting but darn well dangerous to life and limb to all those in and about the place he chose to stuff it into the wall. <_<

Was looking up Bernie Ecclestone on Wiki and his 2 protégé drivers both died horrible deaths, when will the reaper seek revenge ?

Only problem the old b*gger looks fit as a fiddle. And did you see his wife.......

Just goes to show there is no justice in the world !

Razor

Ecclestone's no longer with his wife. They separated last year, and are now undergoing divorce proceedings.

And better still, a lot of his assets are in her name. Wonder if she will use Heather Mills divorce lawyer.

Missed that. All I have to do now is get rid of the present Mrs Razor Boy and ...

Actually my wife would hunt me down and kill me so I will just stick to Internet pr0n. :skull:

Razor ( with his testicles still attached ) Boy

• Haha 1

Looking at the list in the newspaper this morning it appeared that there has yet to be a British formula one world champion to die naturally (I wouldn't call James Hunt's a natural death). Will John Surtees be the first?

You could debate Hunt's, heart-attack, not exactly helped by a life spent burning a double-ended candle. Still 'natural' technically speaking, wasn't it? The first one to die an old man will probably be Surtees since he's older by a small margin than Jackie Stewart. The death of his son must have caused a severe amount of stress as well.

Donington Park track owner dies

Donington Park motor racing track owner Tom Wheatcroft has died after a long illness, his spokesman has confirmed.

Mr Wheatcroft, who was 87 years old, bought Donington for £100,000 in 1971 and restored the circuit.

He brought the European Grand Prix to the site in 1993, an event widely remembered as one of the late Ayrton Senna's best races.

A New Jersey man accused of shooting and killing his African gray parrot with a BB gun because its screeching annoyed him while he was watching a NASCAR race on TV has been indicted on an animal cruelty charge. :wub:

http://cbs3.com/local/New.Jersey.Parrot.2.1466110.html

Sir Stirling Moss is recovering in hospital after falling down a three storey life shaft. Thankfully it seems he's lucky with just broken bones and no life threatening injuries.

Sir Stirling Moss is recovering in hospital after falling down a three storey life shaft. Thankfully it seems he's lucky with just broken bones and no life threatening injuries.

He shouldn't really be lift surfing at his age

Sebastian Buemi had a memorable shunt today. V entertaining, but also a little worrying.

Recent BBC documentary on the Le Mans disaster of 1955 interviewed two surviving drivers from Jaguar and Mercedes. John Fitch (b. 1917) looks positively skeletal and very drawn. Jaguar's Norman Dewis - by contrast - is lively and chipper at 89.

Fitch's contributions to motor racing safety and the like probably make him obit-worthy.

Robin Mortimer

The founder of RPM Motorsport "has died after allegedly taking part in a sadomasochistic sex session with a woman who claims to be “Europe’s most perverted dominatrix".

... or you can go with the alternative version:

"It is understood that Robin died of natural causes in his sleep at a hotel in Belgium while travelling with his team en route to Spa Francorchamps."

Robin Mortimer

The founder of RPM Motorsport "has died after allegedly taking part in a sadomasochistic sex session with a woman who claims to be “Europe’s most perverted dominatrix".

... or you can go with the alternative version:

"It is understood that Robin died of natural causes in his sleep at a hotel in Belgium while travelling with his team en route to Spa Francorchamps."

She sounded like a prospective famous Belgian, but after doing some pervy voyeurism research I wondered if this might be the lady. In which case it looks as if she's Italian. Of course it could just be a stage name and she might have been born Brenda Higginbottom from Ramsgate. No doubt all will be revealed by our gentlemen of the press who are sure to be at the court session.

In her ahem, "gallery" there seems to be an interesting box of tricks. Maybe she's also some kind of analyst......or analist.

Nigel Mansell, 57 in a few weeks time but still seriously fit by the looks of things.

Guest TDF

Japanese Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa killed in a horrific accident at the San Marino GP

Japanese Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa killed in a horrific accident at the San Marino GP

Nasty, horrible accident. We taped the race and watched it later, knowing what had happened - I couldn't watch it.

Nasty, horrible accident. We taped the race and watched it later, knowing what had happened - I couldn't watch it.

I watched it live, the marshals didn't help him any by dropping the strecher with him in it!!

I feel for poor Scot Redding but there was nothing he could have done, but I doubt he feels that way.

I watched it live, the marshals didn't help him any by dropping the strecher with him in it!!

I feel for poor Scot Redding but there was nothing he could have done, but I doubt he feels that way.

We have just been talking about that - I hid in the kitchen while it was on and heard the old man shout out that they'd 'fucking dropped him'. Outrageous. And indeed, Redding must be feeling absolutely awful, but there was nothing he could do. A horrible situation. I'll admit I like a good crash, but certainly not like this one.

This is where Ayrton Senna croaked as well. According to Wiki - San Marino is officially known as "Most Serene Republic of San Marino" - ironic?

Hmmm... there should be a tag line for tourists at the airport

Welcome To : Most Serene Republic of San Marino

but you are in serious danger of getting blended if think you can drive fast around our race circuits

All the videos have been removed from Youtube...

• Like 1